It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: 'US Helped Israel with UN Gaza War Probe'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Wikileaks: 'US Helped Israel with UN Gaza War Probe'

wikilinksnews.com

NEW YORK – The US worked behind the scenes to help Israel contain United Nations probes into possible war crimes committed during the 2008/’09 Gaza war, Foreign Policy reported today. The online foreign affairs magazine cited exclusive WikiLeaks cables, detailing moves by Washington’s UN ambassador Susan Rice to prevent a more thorough UN investigation of alleged abuses in the conflict.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
arabnews.com

edit on 19-4-2011 by jackflap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here is something that will more than likely be whitewashed and swept under the rug. The United States helping Israel to cover up war crimes. I wonder what needed covering up?

With Israel receiving 8.2 million dollars a day for fiscal year 2011 in military aid from the U.S. taxpayers, we cannot have their image tarnished in any way that would upset that policy.

wikilinksnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
doesn't surprise me a bit.
The US did the same exact thing
in South Korea with planting evidence
that a torpedo belonged to North Korea.

It is just 1 war crime after another.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord !!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

US leads the fight against human rights abuses and torture, US is not capable of such an action, this is insanity, Wikileaks is a rapist.

US is part of Israel, or Israel is part of US. Either way US has to protect Israel at any cost, because if it doesn't, it would be like not protecting itself.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
what's surprising about this is that you can find this in foreign policy magazine
I consider it a very neocon-ish publication, very hawkish too

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Weren't you against Wikileaks?

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

US leads the fight against human rights abuses and torture, US is not capable of such an action, this is insanity, Wikileaks is a rapist.

US is part of Israel, or Israel is part of US. Either way US has to protect Israel at any cost, because if it doesn't, it would be like not protecting itself.

Are you asserting that what that article says isn't true? Wikileaks doesn't get to lie. The cables it is still releasing are all unequivocally official.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

No more contained or whitewashed than what Hamas got. They also were found in violation of war crimes by the UN as well.

Funny how that isnt mentioned...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There shouldn't be ANY attempt at interfering with war crimes investigations. I was always told growing up that America stood for freedom and peace. Yeah right.

I feel like we're just the terrorists with the best technology, financing and connections.
edit on 19-4-2011 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is pretty shameful of the US. I can't say I'm all too surprised, though.

Wikileaks is a rapist.

I think Wikileaks is a pretty cool guy, eh fights extradition and doesn't afraid of anything.
edit on 20/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: slight fix

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardbeatAcolyte
This is pretty shameful. I can't say I'm all to surprised, though.

Wikileaks is a rapist.

I think Wikileaks is a pretty cool guy, eh fights extradition and doesn't afraid of anything.
edit on 20/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: slight fix

If hes not afraid of anything, then why is he fighting extradition back to sweden? Just asking...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
If hes not afraid of anything, then why is he fighting extradition back to sweden? Just asking...

It was just a little joke for those who get it, Google 'pretty cool guy'

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Not surprised -I think we all no israel is GUILTY of war crimes anyone can see that . The Israelis are asking for the Goldstone Report to be withdrawn saying 'civilians were not deliberately targeted i smell a rat or is it 2 rats

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

No more contained or whitewashed than what Hamas got. They also were found in violation of war crimes by the UN as well.

Funny how that isnt mentioned...

Well, probably not mentioned in the article because the US didn't go out of its way to hinder a UN investigation against Hamas...

top topics

join