It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wondering what everything thinks about israel and palestine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hello friends

How many of you support israels actions?
Im all for people being safe and having their own nation.

Just want to know your general thoughts on THE WALL in israel and their overall actions. As a nation, people, etc..
And vice versa.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

You mean, you've been here since 2006 and you've not seen the repeatedly heated and racially stirred pot such threads create!!?

Rather you then me, all too easily inciting yet more well-worn 'debate' from such a blanket statement as the opening post is, considering.

I'm sure you know exactly what you're doing though.

I'm for peace, myself.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i'm sure this thread will get overtaken by political propagandists real soon...it's what happens to every single thread created like this...have fun

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

I agree
but if one is after stars and flags they should have a picture or video, gets much more attention

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Hey Jelly - sorry for the drama you're catching here, I'm new so haven't been around to see what happens but I can imagine.

I'll just say - in general - I don't care for most of the political moves made by the Israelis. I think the actions of the palestinians are a somewhat to-be-expected result of what they see as occupation and an apartheid-like situation.

I don't think the palestinians should reciprocate in some ways as they have, personally, but it would be tough for me to condemn such response if we were in a similar case. It's hard all around, but simply put, jews and moslems have historically been able to get together well enough when someone doesn't do something politically/socially corny to light the tinderbox.

No innocents here, but I think the Israelis share a lot of the blame. PLEASE note that I'm not bringing jews into this. It's *not* a religious issue, but that floats to the top since it's an easy excuse.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I never check the political forums much.
Hope no one gets mad at one religion or another. or a group of people or the other.
Good and bad in every culture.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Why isnt Israel in Germany or Italy? Why dont the Palestinians live in Palestine? Isnt it the same god that gave european jews the right to illeagaly immigrate to Palestine, that gives the Palestians the right to kill people who stole thier land. Throw in some christians and we have the cause of most of the worlds suffering.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think this thread is unecassary. It will only provoke people to engage in heated arguments that offer no real discussion or substance. We already have enough of that in regards to Israel-Palestine. There are numerous threads on the issue, you will be able to see after a few pages that the community here on ATS is split into numerous groups on a contimuom ranging from both extremes. This causes debate often to be drowned out by the two opposing factions waging a war of words with entirely made up facts to support them. Please don't start another stupid debate.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
Hello friends

Just want to know your general thoughts on THE WALL in israel and their overall actions. As a nation, people, etc..
And vice versa.

Simply put, whats happening with Israel/Palestine is a crime that the "civilized" world chooses to ignore or simply sweep under the carpet.

Play the "terrorism" card and Ill just tell you that these problems didnt exist before the state of Israel was formed. Not to mention that the jews themselves have a history of "terrorizing" other people (just read the OT). They are not exactly the innocent lambs among a pack of rabid wolves as they are usually portrayed.

Play the "chosen people/promised land" card and Ill just tell you to look up Amos 9:7

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

good question ,
i love this country , i live in tel aviv ,moved here from south african a few years back , the crime and violence in south Africa is so bad it was not safe to drive and walk after 20h00 .

"the wall"
yes it is an big eye-sore, but it is a necessary evil ,why you may ask ?
i the 2000's when the bombs were blow up the buses ,next to kindergarden, shopping malls nightclubs e.t.c.
we had to put a stop to this , so a wall was erected in place were the country was being infiltrated from .
its the same as the "wall on the Mexican -USA border" its is there to keep people from crossing into the states ,

since our wall has gone up the amount of bombers getting thru have been none !
But ,,, there are a few problems with the "WALL" .when the wall was put up , villages and famillys were split up , its is sad and terrible , but its is and has happened all over the world ,, Korea, Sudan, USA, mexico,,,,,,,,,,etc

so ill leave you with this , , we dont want war , ( we have lost enough fathers, brothers, sons and daughters / on both sides !
we are a small country , surrounded by wolfs.

shalom / Ma' Alsalam

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Interesting article in the NY times, hopefuly some
good will come out of it.

JERUSALEM — Dozens of Israel’s most honored intellectuals and artists have signed a declaration endorsing a Palestinian state on the basis of the 1967 borders and asserting that an end to Israel’s occupation “will liberate the two peoples and open the way to a lasting peace.” The signers plan to announce their position on Wednesday from the same spot in Tel Aviv where the Jewish state declared its independence in the spring of 1948.

Source :Israeli Luminaries Press For a Palestinian State

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

And I'll direct you to the history books my friend:

1929 - The Arabs murdered Jews all over the area (Hebron most notably), also, the Jews living in Gaza were evacuated by the British and not allowed to return... (Yes! Jews were in Gaza!!)

1936 - The "Great Arab Revolt" (lasted until 1939), many attacks against Jews (and British).

And to the original poster - well, the topic is EXTREMELY complicated... so, I would direct you to the history books (ignore the bible) - look at the Roman history, the writings of Josephus Flavious (I believe that's how you spell the name).

I would also recommend you read "From Time Immemorial" by Joan Peters, might shed some more light. Do your own research, reach your own conclusions, whatever they may be.

Feel free to message me directly if you wish more information - but keep in mind, I'm biased to the Jewish side, being Israeli... so, I would only point you at the information, you should reach your own conclusions, based on objective facts.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ender_shadow
[

star and flag GEVA

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lyonheart

Appreciated

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
Hello friends

And vice versa.

In a nutshell, let me see if I can summarize it really nicely so that there will be no contentions.

Palestine has Iran backed terrorists on one end, and Muslim Brotherhood backed terrorists on the other. The poverty stricken palestinians in the middle have no say and are used as human meat shields to further both of their agendas which is to wipe Israel off the face of the world.
Israel is a strong nation with arabs, christians, all faiths living within its borders who live under an acceptable standard of living peacefully coexisting as the only example of moderation in the ME. They got a big bullseye on them by extremists in all the surrounding Arab nations. They have so far proven to be undefeatable, wiping the mat with their enemies when attacked.

So there you have it Israel good, terrorists bad, palestinians are nationless pawns trapped in the middle. I say trapped because the other Arab states would not take them in after they lost the wars and failed to secure a nation for them. Before the wars the UN guaranteed them a state, but the Arab nations said no and attacked Israel but lost. Instead of taking them in they started a policy of endless refugee camps trapped in what would have been palestine. Palestinians only have the Arabs to blame for being nationless eternal refugees.

edit on 20-4-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Share, act like adults, quit fighiting all the time. Do bigger better things if overcame. No need to be petty about land that was not mapped out geographically. I meen if ruff estimate exist then work with the people of Palestine. Since my youth its been going down over there and they CAN do better.
S&F good question

edit on 4/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join