It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website about Raising Taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just ran across this site and it doesn't look like it's the topic of any discussion yet.

ObamaRaiseMyTaxes.com

obamaraisemytaxes.com...

From the site:

This is a site dedicated to getting others involved in tax reform and spreading tax education to Americans. Stop by and sign our petition to send a message to Capitol Hill. Check out our goal page to see what we are all about.

It is the goal of this site to give the American people a voice regarding tax policy. Although we may not always agree on the details, the users of this site all share the common belief that taxes need to be raised to eliminate the budget deficit and protect important social programs. Sign our petition to send your representative the message that you understand, accept, and support the necessity of a policy that raises taxes.

What do you all think of this? Their articles make some pretty good points and are backed up with historical evidence. I'm just not that stoked on the idea of higher taxes. Please weigh in and support your ideas.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theicc

Even if they were to raise taxes it wouldn't solve anything period. It would not clear up the debt ... well not within my lifetime at least.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That website makes my head hurt.

I think I found the source:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I wonder which Soros “grassroots” organization was set up to push this garbage.

Anyhoo … if certain people are so God damn hot to trot to pay more in taxes, they shouldn’t wait for congress and our “Dear Leader” to legislate them, they should just cut a check to the department of the Treasury and be done with it.

The truth is the bottom 30% of income earners have no net tax liability. Sure, they pay FICA and state taxes but they pay no income taxes, qualify for the EITC, qualify for Medicaid, food stamps, section 8 housing, utility subsidies etcetera so marginal tax rates mean nothing to them.

The top 2% derive a majority of their income from capital gains, which are taxed at a lower rate than earned income, and only pay FICA up to $108K so marginal tax rates don’t hit them as hard as people who make most of their take home from earned income.

People like me are stuck in the middle. While we make a good living, its nearly all earned income and its not enough to hire a $500’hr tax attorney to find all the loopholes in the tax code. So while we pay the lion’s share of federal receipts we take the least from it. Too rich to qualify for all the giveaways and too poor to game the system.

I don’t know about you, but I am sick of subsidizing both the super rich and the poor.

I am so sick to death of liberals telling me that my taxes pay for roads and police anf fire and schools. While all these things are true, the obscure the fact that rhe federal government spends 60% of its outlays on Social security, Medicare and Medicaid. Another 10% is spent on interest and 19% on defense. Very little of that money is spent on tangibles like roads.

That’s what we are being bled for .. more welfare.

We am John Galt.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The people who made this site are obviously oblivious to our current economic status.

Raising taxes does not solve the problem. The problem is corruption and erratic spending with no end in sight. I need my money. I can barely make it as it is. I can barely afford the internet to make this darn comment.

My message is to congress: Take a pay cut, stop spending, and quit doing commercial favors for corporations, the problem would be solved.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There's nothing stopping them from paying more if they want to.

Oh, that's right, they just want you to pay more.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
half this country pays no tax thats the problem

spending is compounding the problem

no matter how much they tax us it will never fix the problem

if you want to pay more tax feel free its a waste of time

just leave my money alone i earned the furher government earns nothing it just takes and takes and spends on idoicy

new topics

top topics

join