It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More dead fishes off California... just what happened before the Japanese quake

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
On March 8 : 'One million' dead sardines clog Redondo Beach marina

US officials fear a public health hazard after an estimated one million sardines that inexplicably washed up in a California marina begin to rot.

The carcasses coated the surface of the King Harbor Marina in Redondo Beach, near Los Angeles, and piled as high as 18in (46cm) on the marina floor.

Then on March 11, we know what happened.

And now this...
Biological Hazard - North-America

Hundreds of fish have been found dead in Ventura Harbor. This is the second large fish kill in Southern California this year. This time, hundreds of dead fish are floating in Ventura Harbor. The phone calls started coming into the Ventura Harbor Patrol around 6 a.m. Monday. Boaters were already noticing a large number of dead fish floating in the water. One officer said that in the past year, there have been three or four times that this has happened, and in recent days, he was worried that this was going to happen again. Once again, something's fishy along our Southern California coastline: Another fish die-off, this one in the Ventura Harbor.

Sea lions, seagulls, and pelicans have been swooping in to eat the fish. The rest are being cleaned up by the Ventura Harbor Patrol. "We got the majority," said Hummer. "We probably got 90-something percent of the dead fish out of the harbor. And I think Mother Nature, the birds, the sea lions will take care of hopefully the rest of them." This fish kill is on a much smaller scale compared to what was seen in Redondo Beach early last month when 2.5 million sardines were killed weighing roughly 175 tons.

Now of course a big earthquake won't hit each time... but hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. All we don't need now is a CME that could trigger a big quake...

With all the activity going on in Nevada, we never know.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
From today, and several more days until May 1st, this is Special High Ceremonial of Festival Days in occultism.
I wouldn't be surprised this, something is planned.

Good find.

4/19/2011 -- Dead fish wash ashore north of Los Angeles

This happened for New Zealand, and they washed up in California for Japan. Earthquake warning.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
other link:
www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2011/04/19/state/n070216D37.DTL

ABC News vid here...

Originally posted by Vitchilo
On March 8 : 'One million' dead sardines clog Redondo Beach marina

US officials fear a public health hazard after an estimated one million sardines that inexplicably washed up in a California marina begin to rot.

The carcasses coated the surface of the King Harbor Marina in Redondo Beach, near Los Angeles, and piled as high as 18in (46cm) on the marina floor.

Then on March 11, we know what happened.

And now this...
Biological Hazard - North-America

Hundreds of fish have been found dead in Ventura Harbor. This is the second large fish kill in Southern California this year. This time, hundreds of dead fish are floating in Ventura Harbor. The phone calls started coming into the Ventura Harbor Patrol around 6 a.m. Monday. Boaters were already noticing a large number of dead fish floating in the water. One officer said that in the past year, there have been three or four times that this has happened, and in recent days, he was worried that this was going to happen again. Once again, something's fishy along our Southern California coastline: Another fish die-off, this one in the Ventura Harbor.

Sea lions, seagulls, and pelicans have been swooping in to eat the fish. The rest are being cleaned up by the Ventura Harbor Patrol. "We got the majority," said Hummer. "We probably got 90-something percent of the dead fish out of the harbor. And I think Mother Nature, the birds, the sea lions will take care of hopefully the rest of them." This fish kill is on a much smaller scale compared to what was seen in Redondo Beach early last month when 2.5 million sardines were killed weighing roughly 175 tons.

Now of course a big earthquake won't hit each time... but hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. All we don't need now is a CME that could trigger a big quake...

With all the activity going on in Nevada, we never know.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by stavis because: edit for credit

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Found this about dead fish in India a couple of days ago.

Thousands of dead fish float on Vapi sea coast. apr 15 2011

Tens of thousands of dead fish surfaced on Vapi’s sea coast on Wednesday morning, an incident that locals say is not the first.
Villagers of Kolak and Udwada in Vapi went to the sea coast in the morning to prepare for their daily sojourns into the sea when they were shocked by floating pools of dead fish, a sight they claimed to have come across at least thrice earlier. They immediately informed the sarpanchs of both villages as residents began gathering on the sea coast to look at the long line of dead fish being washed up ashore. Most immediately blamed chemical discharges from the industries nearby. Kolak village sarpanch Kishor Patel informed Gujarat Pollution Control Board officials, who took samples of sand, water and dead fish and sent it to Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) office to ascertain the cause of death.
Patel said he went to complain at the GPCB’s regional office in Vapi since such incidents were becoming regular and, by coincidence, he met the board’s chairman, K U Mistry, who was visiting the area to meet local industry owners.
Source:Indian Express:www.indianexpress.com...

And onother one just a few days before India:

Thousands of Dead Fish in River Rouge

Updated: Tuesday, 12 Apr 2011, 11:03 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 12 Apr 2011, 11:03 PM EDT

FOXDetroit.com

It is a stinky and scaly situation in River Rouge as thousands of dead fish were discovered floating along the shoreline. The smell has been described as almost unbearable.

Viewers were so concerned they called FOX 2.
"I eat fish out of this river. I fish there. My nieces and nephews fish out of this river and ate out of this river," said Guy Cason. "I'm concerned. I'm concerned about their well-being."
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources says this is a natural occurrence called a "fish die off".
The fish are called "gizzard shad". They are a weak species that easily dies off in cold weather.
It's likely they were dead under the ice for some time.
Here's the bad news. We're told it's up to the property owner to clean up the dead fish.

[url= type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="320" height="280" data="http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=8705">

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources says this is a natural occurrence called a "fish die off".

The fish are called "gizzard shad". They are a weak species that easily dies off in cold weather.

It's likely they were dead under the ice for some time.

Not sensational, but rational.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Fishes? fishes.....fishes...fishes?
Fish?
Really?

Anyway, while animal die offs, especially fish are a good pre EQ indicator. I would like to see another robust species included as these seem to not be very tough to begin with.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Becquerel Fishes.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Seems to me the bait fish explanation is a logical one. Too many bait fish, they use up all the oxygen, then other fish die.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Vitch,

Thanks for posting this. Seriously.
I see it as a warning to those who live along the coast, and even areas that
might be affected by a Nuclear Emergeny in CA.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm searching for incidents where fish died off before the Japan quake but can't find anything. How many days or weeks did it take for the quake to strike after the fish died? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Happening all over the world, here in Wales we have had birds falling from the sky and dead sea life including Dolphins, Starfish washed up on beaches.

Link

p.s First time embedding clip, not sure if it will work.
edit on 20-4-2011 by blaenau2000 because: Video link problems

video link
edit on 20-4-2011 by blaenau2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

The cats have been acting awful odd (more than usual for cats). When the cats start acting out of character odd something usually happens. Last few times its been 7.0 Plus earthquakes. This time I haven't seen anything yet and I'm beginning to worry.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hello there,
I am a wiccan. (occult religion) and I take offense here.
Are you implying that pegan religions are up to something evil?
I will have you know that in most occult or pegan based religions we are taught and we all know that positive vibrations and expansive feelings are the most powerful and we are taught and we all know that what we put out will return to us three fold. Therefore we (for the most part if we are smart) will not preform spells or rituals that are based in negative emotions or for evil motives.

These types of animals dieoffs happen all the time. We just hear about it more because of the internet and instant news releases world wide. Technology has produced a more aware worldwide community. I am sorry to see them die but have to believe its part of the natural wheel of life and death.
edit on 20-4-2011 by karen61057 because: to tone my discontent down a bit. I was a little harsh at first.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes. :

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Just as a matter of interest, is there a difference between "pegan" and 'pagan"?

What exactly is a "pegan"?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Me thinks it might have to do with all the radiation around the world =O

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I think that is the worry... All those positive vibrations could be killing the animals and causing earthquakes.

Mother nature is a being of balance where positive and negative must be in balance and harmony. I know the Pagans understand this. Maybe you can let the Pegans know and we can stop any further disaster.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Gettin' a tad bit interesting in Cali....

2.9 GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA34.07°N -117.27°W 17Km Deep 2011-04-21 03:13:36 UTC2011-04-20 20:13:36 LOCAL

earthquake.usgs.gov...

new topics

top topics

join