It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK demanded UFO files from CIA 10 days before assassination?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Actually now that I think of it I know that Carter requested information on Ufo's and I believe Clinton and someone further back did and they are fine.

The ones who hold the key's to this are Rumsfeld and Cheney and the first Bush. Research these guys and their methods and what they were doing when Bush was running the CIA. They know exactly what information we have and where it is.

They hold the golden key to our nations Alien information if it exists. There was some guy actually hounding Cheney for awhile about it, actually got through to him on a radio talk show and asked him about it.

Cheney probably knows something.

I believe it was the researcher Grant Cameron who had a source that said Rumsfeld tried to get access to UFO info the first time he was SECDEF but he got blown off and wasn't happy about it.

PS. They mentioned this JFK memo on C2C. That's how I found my way into the thread. Interesting how the subject of the memo asks for review of all UFO intelligence files affecting Natl Security. And the official govt line is UFOs do not pose a threat to natl security.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Schaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The Daily Mail article says:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The secret memo is one of two letters written by JFK asking for information about the paranormal on November 12 1963, which have been released by the CIA for the first time.

Why do newspapers keep reporting old UFO documents as without released "for the first time" without bothering to try to check? It would not take a great deal of effort for them to do a basic check. If they looked at the document and put a few words from it into Google, say "with the Soviet Union in joint space and lunar", they could at least see if it was already on the Internet. Have a look at a few of the results of such a search. Articles have been written about this memo for years.

Edit : I've just registered on the Daily Mail website and posted a comment there along the lines of the above question. I'll see later if it gets displayed and/or answered.

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 19-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76b22fa64734.jpg[/atsimg]
The following is my retype of the JFK memo, I was able to make out about 98% of the words when I enlarged the low-quality photo... here is the transcript:

MEMORANDUM FOR:
The Director (blacked out classified), CIA

SUBJECT: Classification of all UFO intelligence files affecting National Security.

As I had discussed with you previously, I have initiated (blacked out classified) and have instructed James Webb to develop a program with the Soviet Union in joint space and lunar exploration. It would be very helpful if you would have the high threat cases reviewed with the purpose of identification of bona fide as opposed to classified CIA and USAF sources. It is important that we make a clear distinction (unintelligible word here) the knowns and unknowns in the event the Soviets try to mistake our extended cooperation as a cover for intelligence gathering of their defense and space programs.

When this data has been sorted out, I would like you to arrange a program of data sharing with NASA where Unknowns are a factor. This will help NASA mission directors in their defensive responsibilities.

I would like an interim report on the data review no later than FEB 1, 1964.
Signed : John F. Kennedy

Some pertinent info....
The CIA Director at the time, and the person I believe this memo was sent to, was John McCone: CIA Director from 1961–1965.

Most importantly, he was chairman of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (1958 - 1961) and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) (1961 - 1965).

He was a key figure in the Executive Committee of the National Security Council (EXCOMM) during the October 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

The person James Webb mentioned in the memo was NASA director at the time.

MAIN STORY:
www.dailymail.co.uk : Was JFK killed because of his interest in aliens? Secret memo shows president demanded UFO files 10 days before death.

An uncovered letter written by John F Kennedy to the head of the CIA shows that the president demanded to be shown highly confidential documents about UFOs 10 days before his assassination.

The secret memo is one of two letters written by JFK asking for information about the paranormal on November 12 1963, which have been released by the CIA for the first time.

Author William Lester said the CIA released the documents to him under the Freedom of Information Act after he made a request while researching his new book 'A Celebration of Freedom: JFK and the New Frontier.'

edit on (4/19/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

One of his concerns was that a lot of these UFOs were being seen over the Soviet Union and he was very concerned that the Soviets might misinterpret these UFOs as U.S. aggression, believing that it was some of our technology

Ok, then whose technology was those UFOs?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

If it took longer than ten days to do anything in international politics then we would all have died out three hundred years ago or more. Get real.

POWER
MONEY
INTENT
RESOURCES

I'd say they could have done it in three days; but that they took advantage of the opportunity presented on the day in question. A high profile 'warning execution' to any future presidents who get the wrong idea about what it means to be installed in the White House...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Actually now that I think of it I know that Carter requested information on Ufo's and I believe Clinton and someone further back did and they are fine.

The ones who hold the key's to this are Rumsfeld and Cheney and the first Bush. Research these guys and their methods and what they were doing when Bush was running the CIA. They know exactly what information we have and where it is.

They hold the golden key to our nations Alien information if it exists. There was some guy actually hounding Cheney for awhile about it, actually got through to him on a radio talk show and asked him about it.

Cheney probably knows something.

I believe it was the researcher Grant Cameron who had a source that said Rumsfeld tried to get access to UFO info the first time he was SECDEF but he got blown off and wasn't happy about it.

PS. They mentioned this JFK memo on C2C. That's how I found my way into the thread. Interesting how the subject of the memo asks for review of all UFO intelligence files affecting Natl Security. And the official govt line is UFOs do not pose a threat to natl security.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Schaden because: (no reason given)

Oh Cheney? The same guy that issued the "stand down" order on 911? Yes, Im sure he'd be more than happy to talk about JFK.

JFK was murdered and the official story has never added up. Ontop of attempting to end the fed by having the government issue our currency instead of a PRIVATE BANK, this just may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Very interesting read, thank you for sharing this OP.

The History Channel recently broadcast a "new" documentary on JFK's life - including his assassination. It made for some very interesting viewing, though they stayed away from the wild theories of conspiracy and stuck with the usual gunman from the window scenario.

It would certainly be nice to see a real paper trail proving at least one of the many conspiracy theories out there to be correct.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I am starting to think something is being worked up to here through the media.

What is disconcerting is the way the media are choosing to present these documents as new like Isaac Koi has pointed out.

Also they are proclaiming in the headlines that these documents are 'proof' of things when they never have before. As we have seen with the earlier FBI Vault memos, they are not 100% black and white proof. This JFK memo does mention UFOs but the article goes on to say the 'burnt memo' that has never been verified is the one that states the CIA were refusing the president information. The researcher that had the burnt memo is the one theorising that JFK was killed because he demanded UFO files. The verified FBI files are not confirming this.

I think this is really curious how the media are giving officiality to UFO stories but still not really revealing anything that constitutes 100% proof. What are they up to ?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

The unintelligible word in Kennedy's letter is "Between"

Interesting post though

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I'm not sure about Carter...but Clinton? Please. Clinton was eager to be a puppet. Clinton did everything his handlers told him. "Give me documents on UFOs" he says on national TV. Woopty-Do. And if they don't comply, do you honestly think Clinton wouldn't give up?

JFK did not give up. Thats why he was assassinated. Anyone who believes the lone gunman theory that our "Protectors" told us is true is just too gullible and sheepish. We'll never know what truly happened, and the CIA knew that back when they shot him.
edit on 19-4-2011 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Wow, blast from the past. Unfortunately the link provided within this thread no longer works. I'd be interested to see the two documents referenced. Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Interesting read and alien tech is really worth killing for and the assassination as a warning for all future presidents sounds very plausible. But are we sure the government killed him and not the "others"? I think aliens would like to keep their secrets too don´t they? I´m just speculating nothing more.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

The JFK assassination is something that has intrigued me since i was a kid. In fact when i was 10 years old i had a debate with a guy in the classroom as to why and how JFK died. haha This to was the reason why i joined this site was to seek out more info on this and it obviously has lead me to many other things.

From what ive read and heard the story goes something like this.....JFK wanted UFO files released to the public because he felt danger for the security of our country/world, and he wanted the money being spent in those departments to be cut. George Bush Sr. being a member of the MJ-12 used all his Texas connections and CIA connections to orchestrate one of the most in depth and detailed assassinations ever. From the Cubans, to the Mafia, to the US government, to the CIA, FBI, Dallas PD, and everyone and everything else in between. All because of the potential for disclore of Alien life forms that were living among us. JFK wanted disclosure but was hushed up on a grand stage.

The facts to all of this lies within numerous documents and stories but this is merely my opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I love the subject of the JFK assassination. What really makes me chuckle is that whatever conspiracy you desire to believe in, you can find a link to his death and come screaming on the internet that you know why he was killed.

It is a good window into the ignorance of the conspiracy world.

It is no different than a child seeing shapes in clouds, or grown men seeing shapes in moon rocks.....

Regan was shot for the same reason, little green men, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

"I think you can see the microwave beam that heated the fluid in JFK's brain in a nanosecond pule to explode that porrtion of his head. Which was why no bullet was found and his brain went missing."

You're joking, right?

You don't honestly believe that a microwave beam is what killed JFK do you?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In case I've missed it, here's the documents:

Document one - www.scribd.com...
Document two - www.scribd.com...

Interesting stuff, wonder if his life was terminated because he wanted the truth to be known about alien life? (JFK, love ya man!)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Damn ... this thing just popped up on Finnish MSM, damn this world is getting wierder...
seems like bits like this keep popping up very frequently these days...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

REally? Weird as i was taught to believe he was in the process of shattering the CIA into a thousand pieces. As well he was about to destroy the false banking system and bring the power back to the people.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I think this is really curious how the media are giving officiality to UFO stories but still not really revealing anything that constitutes 100% proof. What are they up to ?

I think i have this figured out. Now the conspiracy community is full of crazies and whackos. But it's also full of intelligent people with plenty of time to dig, research and theorize. With the community you see an obvious slant to always question the government.

So what if the government is doing all of this merely to keep us occupied? While we debate and read endless useless memos, what are we actually missing?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am just a little curious here, maybe someone could help me out, This memo was written just before JFK was murdered, the memo was addressed to the CIA. Now why the CIA? The US stance was that the USAF investigated UFO's, hence Project Blue Book, which wasn't shut down until January 1970.

This note would seem to give confirmation that the CIA was doing its own investigation, therefore there documents should be freed under the FOI act.

Unless someone can tell me the CIA have already admitted it was looking into the phenomena and has released the files it has. I am not sure, not being a US citizen

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join