It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI put Holly Bobo on the list? Who decides this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

This is in reference to Holly Bobo being missing my condolences to her family, I hope they find her.

Normally I don't get caught up in all this but today CNN has been playing this out about as much as the day after the Japanese Earthquake was. Why her? There must be other missing people in the US last week.
40+ people died this weekend in tornados but they barely mention this comparably to Holly's case.
Then I looked online and she was on the FBI's Most Wanted Kidnapped List along with people from years earlier, is this normal?

FBI Kidnappings & Missing Persons List

I would want my loved ones treated this way if something ever happened to them but I can't help but feel, since I don't trust mainstream media, the TPTB are playing this up for some reason I can't figure out????

US News
edit on 4/18/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I hope that this doesn't sound wrong, but I feel that its easier for people to worry about one person, then it does to be worried about 40. Our feelings are about as vast as our attention spans. Its easier to be focused on a few then on many.

There is also the distraction factor, where we are supposed to look away from something that would cause panic to many people as this horrific storm did, and look to something that happened to one person. This is always the case as far as media is concerned.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The answer is:

Blonde hair, nice smile.

It is also a whodunnit.

If her name was Tamrika Johnson from New Orleans.

It would never hit the news. Not even a mention.

The answer is The Mainstream Media...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I hope that this doesn't sound wrong, but I feel that its easier for people to worry about one person, then it does to be worried about 40. Our feelings are about as vast as our attention spans. Its easier to be focused on a few then on many.

There is also the distraction factor, where we are supposed to look away from something that would cause panic to many people as this horrific storm did, and look to something that happened to one person. This is always the case as far as media is concerned.

Peace, NRE.

Divide and conquer
edit on 18-4-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

^^ This.

Look at her. She's a blond, white girl who was pretty hot. Its all about how much attention you can hold. Sad, but true.

Like stated above, if she was of a different race, obese, destitute, no one would give it a second look before they flipped the channel to "American Idol."
edit on 18/4/2011 by CalmAsHinduCows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
On the FBI most wanted list?

Wonder what she did, has or knows?

Maybe media attention has nothing to do with her being a pretty white girl and everything to do with the piper playing the tune he's paid to play.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalmAsHinduCows
reply to post by whyamIhere

^^ This.

Look at her. She's a blond, white girl who was pretty hot. Its all about how much attention you can hold. Sad, but true.

Like stated above, if she was of a different race, obese, destitute, no one would give it a second look before they flipped the channel to "American Idol."

Now that you mention it. . . . ATS Link
edit on 4/18/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I found this curious as well. Specifically, how they said over and over again that she was last seen by her brother being led into the woods by a man in camouflage.
I would presume they are asking her brother a lot more questions...

I tend to view the sound bites from the news squawkers as info bombs and meme manipulations - carefully chosen words that are meant to illicit an emotional reaction. I always find myself wondering to what end? How does is this information supposed to make me feel versus how I really feel? Is it helpful information or mental clutter? Is it steering me or letting me draw my own conclusions?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

The first 48 hours of a kidnapping is crucial.. After that time frame, the odds of returning safely decrease pretty quickly. As far as who gets on the list and how, its all dependant upon the circumstances involving the kidnapping.

The media exposure comes from the old saying, albeit innapropriate in instances like this, of right place at the right time. The other consideration is age... there are other variabkles as well.

I dont think there is any real ryme or reason to how the info goes out and who picks it up and airs it though.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

She has been missing since Wednesday - Last Week!

I know the whole 48 hr thing but that's my point, this didn't go mainstream till the weekend!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Maybe they know that more people are home on the weekend, sitting down and watching TV? I know most of the news broadcasts are scheduled around when people will be in their seats and watching...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It was mainstream before the weekend. My local news covered it Thursday I believe? I'm also pretty sure I saw it on CNN by Friday morning. I know pushing the weekend definition there but point is it was out there before hand.

Another reason this is probably getting a lot of play is because of the cousin who is a "country music star" as they keep saying, despite me and other people I know never hearing of her. (we all keep our fingers firmly on the pulse of the music scene)

I just think it's a sexy story for the news. Cute girl gets abducted, the brother was the last to see her being lead into the woods. They can't say it while reading us the news, but the idea is planted that the brother had something to do with it. Yet he is not an official suspect any more. That makes it sexier.

It's all about selling us the story. After all...we are talking about it here...their "duh! WINNING!" but seriously...check mate.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Why is the Holly BoBo case getting so much attention? Well have others have stated she is a pretty, white girl. The other reason.... She is the cousin of country (kinda) star Whitney Duncan. When it's a famous person's relative, expect more coverage.

Holly Bobo Search: Country Star Whitney Duncan Says Brother Not a Suspect

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I live 30 minutes from where Holly lived. I went the day after she was abducted and helped search for her. I can tell you this much. This is the strangest case ever. When I got there everything was so hush hush. I was part of a group of 50 or so waiting to go down to search. There were already 170 some odd down at the edge of the woods already just waiting. We waited around all day and the TBI never gave the word for us to search. There were higher up people in the search and rescue and local police that mentioned a few things that just did not add up. Holly's brother's statement has changed several times. Her parent's story has changed a time or two. Her mother did not have one tear from that fake display she put on. She has several Facebook pages devoted to the search for her but noone is allowed to discuss anything, only pray. If you attempt to discuss anything, they report you to the TBI as a possible suspect. The police refuse to release the 911 calls, refuse to release blood test results, brother refuses polygraph, parents refuse polygraph, family members continue to leak bogus info to the press saying the brother has been ruled out as a suspect and he passed a polygraph. The TBI said yesterday that he refused the polygraph along with his parents and that noone has been ruled out as a suspect.
I'm wondering why the governor of TN has offered up $50,000 of taxpayer money as a reward. I'm wondering why her rich famous cousin is not putting up any money. I'm wondering why people are selling t-shirts for this girl and her mother said that all of the money will go to Holly if she's found alive. I'm wondering why the bloodhounds never found her scent at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Its up to 80k reward now. Local news has been covering it since it broke, with billboards up within minutes it seemed of her disappearance here in Knoxville.

Listened to country my whole life, never heard of her famous cousin. As disgusting as it may sound, the "famous cousin country superstar" is going to jump start her non existent career.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

Her cousin is fairley new. The reward is up that high but only $50,000 is coming from the governor. There are alot of people around here that think this has been staged, but most believe that her brother had something to do with it. I was raised and am still a Christian, but the way these people are acting about her is almost Cultic.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I do not see anything wrong wth Holly Bobo being on a Missing/Kidnapping list maintained by the FBI. The Nancy Grace show dedicated one episode to Holly's disappearance over two weeks ago and since then Nancy Grace has not mentioned Holly's abduction at all.

Nancy Grace's show tends to pay more attention to attractive, white, blonde, kidnapping victims and because of that, I do not know why she is not covering this case since the initial coverage provided by Nancy's guest host, Deborah Norville. Also, Jane Velez-Mitchell, who claims to represent women regarding her show's covereage of the War Against Women - yet, Jane has never discussed this case on her show. Why?

Yes, Holly is very lovely and she is a cousin of up and coming country star Whitney Duncan, but that should not be held against her. She deserves her case to be in the limelight just as much as any other missing person under suspicious circumstances.

I have been blogging about this case in an effort to have my blogging readers to contadt CNN Headline News and the Nancy Grace Show and the Jane Velez-Mitchell Show to encourage them to cover this case. They do not have to provide extensive coverage but to show things like a timeline, a photo of Holly, a description of what she was wearing at the time of her abduction, physical characteristics, and maybe a TIP line number and maybe the TBI phone numbers and website information.

My blogsights are: kevinfortruth.wordpress.com...

and www.americanchronicle.com...

Please visit either of these blogs for more information on having CNN Headline News and Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell provide some coverage about Holly's abduction.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join