It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US total debt officially breaks debt ceiling!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I´m getting the feeling lately,that they are waiting for something to happen...like a False Flag (which seems to be harder and harder to do since "those damn Conspirancy Nutjobs know us too well..." ),an Earthquake (Madrid Fault or Cascadia -> Hard too,since "those damn Conspirancy Nutjobs watch HAARP like Hawks" ) or something else...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
reply to post by Vitchilo

I´m getting the feeling lately,that they are waiting for something to happen...like a False Flag (which seems to be harder and harder to do since "those damn Conspirancy Nutjobs know us too well..." ),an Earthquake (Madrid Fault or Cascadia -> Hard too,since "those damn Conspirancy Nutjobs watch HAARP like Hawks" ) or something else...

It's only a matter of time. Your intuition is as good as mine. There will be a false flag (another staged terrorist attack) planned by the elites and dark agencies (CIA, Mossad, etc).

The evidences are visible: big players are pulling out of gold and silver. When the false flag occurs, it will hit Euro, asian currencies and commodities.. causing the garbage US dollar to skyrocket.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well getting even closer... Geithner said ``august``... but I doubt it.

Getting Close Now

Total debt subject to debt ceiling as of today... 14.280 trillion... Debt ceiling : 14.294 trillion...

But not only that...

Once again, Tim, good luck with that issuance of fresh $72 billion next week.

Oh, and did we mention there is $492 billion in maturities and $31 billion in interest outflows in May? We forgot?

So there's a big big big big big hole for May... a BIG hole...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
And now 12 billion away from debt ceiling.

And Now Back To Reality, And $2 Billion Dollars Closer To A Debt Ceiling Breach

As the market enjoys (and we use the term loosely) this brief lapse back into deflation, which given the economic contraction, so long anticipated at least by Zero Hedge, has finally materialized and put the ball straight back into Bernanke's monetary policy court, here is a brief reminder of reality: i) total debt subject to the ceiling increased by $2 billion overnight to $14,282,174, less than $12 billion away from a breach, and ii) more importantly, total securities held by the Fed increased by $27.3 billion in the past week to $2.5 trillion, an all time record. And yes, i) and ii) go hand in hand. Especially once the $2 trillion debt ceiling hike is announced.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join