It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi im having problems streaming videos on my pc it used to be fine but latly there has been a lot of lag or the pic and words are out of sync, I have checked my internet speed and its between 26/29 kbps ( whatever that means) I have 30mgb broad band so streaming vids should be easy. can any one please help me, I was trying to watch a project camolot video on youtube and it was so annoying with the lag and out of sync words

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

It may not be you. Have you tried streaming from other places.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

check the task manager to see if there no program who distubirn internet. If not deconnect and reconnect.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Try resetting your router. Open up a browser window THEN:
It depends on your router and who it is made by but a common set of addresses is:
USERNAME: admin
PASSWORD: password

OR

USERNAME: admin
PASSWORD: password OR password1

Then, once you get into the router. Look for a router reset button. Sometimes they get bogged down if you don't dump them every once and a while. Good luck! Also, make sure you don't have any downloads going on. People could also be leeching off of your WIFI connection too. (If you have it!) You can check by viewing the "Connected devices" in your router settings.

Click Wireless Settings, then click set password. Select WPA2-PSK and create an easy to remember paraphrase. It is also a good idea to re-name the SSID (Your network name). FIOS and Comcast WEP keys are simple to crack. They all have SSID's associated with the key, directly. EASY, to crack, so change it!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have checked my internet speed and its between 26/29 kbps ( whatever that means) I have 30mgb broad band so streaming vids should be easy

Agreed, but if you'd got a 30m connection and are only getting 26-29k transmission, it sounds like you've got something else eating up your bandwidth - I only have a 10meg package and usually get up to 1.5m actual download, etc.. A kilobyte being 1000 less than a megabyte, something's wrong with your connection or you're getting pirated.

Can you run a few more internet speed tests and post the results? Just do a web search on internet speed and you'll find plenty, I usually use CNet, speakeasy, and a few others.

If you're still getting low speed and your 30meg internet package wasn't a typo - do you have a wireless network that might have been compromised, or do you share your internet at home with some bandwidth hogs (online gamers, etc.)? Having low available bandwidth could cause issues.
edit on 4/18/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You could get Real Player and down load them to your computer to watch later.

Also,when you click on a video and it starts streaming, pause it and do something else for a miniute this will allow enough of the video to load that when you start it again it should stream continually.

top topics

join