It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

You Tube Aiding the Ruin of Genuine UFO Research

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Many people consider You Tube a wonderful thing. In many cases I feel the same way, however, like anything else in this world a tool can be both beneficial as well as damaging, depending on who's holding it in their hands.

You Tube is full of videos of "evidence" of UFOs, aliens, alien bodies, and the like. We see new videos posted on ATS from You Tube almost on a daily basis, always hoping to see something 'genuine'. At this point I click on such threads and videos only to see how good the hoaxers have gotten since the last time I clicked on one of those videos. Even if real evidence is out there, it's going to be very difficult to pick it out from the heaps of garbage uploaded to You Tube every week.

Though unintentionally, unfortunately You Tube has dramatically lessened the possibility of finding real video evidence of UFOs by offering cash to anyone who's video reaches and exceeds 100,000 views. Admittedly it is difficult to get that many views from your original videos unless you know how to market them, but the point is that it is possible, and hundreds of people try to do so every day.

You Tube Videos Pull In Real Money

YouTube declined to comment on how much money partners earned on average, partly because advertiser demand varies for different kinds of videos. But a spokesman, Aaron Zamost, said “hundreds of YouTube partners are making thousands of dollars a month.” At least a few are making a full-time living: Mr. Buckley said he was earning over $100,000 from YouTube advertisements.


It can be a great way to make money as long as the video is viewed enough times. While there may be a few genuine videos uploaded to You Tube, there are dozens if not hundreds of fake videos drowning out the hope of being able to identify the real thing. Those who upload these videos purposely refuse to reveal whether it is real or a hoax, because none of us would spare the moment to click and pass on something that is clearly fake. This works against the person who uploaded the video, and that person will most likely do whatever it takes to convince people that their video is the genuine article. It must be exhausting for UFO researchers to have to go through so many intentional hoaxes, which takes time and attention away from the real thing (if that real thing exists).

I can't solely blame You Tube for this. After all, it's the users who upload these videos that should be to blame. Their moral compass points away from what's 'right', and steers them toward anything that might generate some revenue. There are other ways to attain the same goal. Instead of creating hoaxed UFOs and alien autopsies, why not create videos with some comedic, ingenious, informative or entertaining qualities? Hundreds of people do it every day, so why do disservice to a subject so difficult to get a firm grip on? This, of course, also applies to paranormal research. With all the ghost videos and stories going around, it's hard to say what's real and what isn't. These people exploit our curiosity and the need to 'know'.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that You Tube should always be taken with an EXTRA grain of salt due to the way it rewards it's members for the content they upload. While I distrust most videos online, I am especially careful about You Tube videos, and maybe so should you.
edit on 18-4-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions
 


business, business all is business



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So many people on here and elsewhere compliment hoaxers on the quality of their hoax. People all seem to think it is funny.
As I keep saying... if people were honest we could know everything, there would be no need to wonder what is true and what is really going on.
All of the liars out there, and a hoaxer whatever the reason is just a liar, you ruin everything for everyone.
At least half are so called Christians believing the ten commandments how laughable!
What part of Thou shalt not lie do you not understand?



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee
 


I agree. Lies hinder our progress in so many ways. I don't mind people recreating UFO videos if they are honest about it. As long as it is mentioned somewhere that the video is not genuine, I have no problem with these videos being posted.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Many people consider You Tube a wonderful thing. In many cases I feel the same way, however, like anything else in this world a tool can be both beneficial as well as damaging, depending on who's holding it in their hands.

You Tube is full of videos of "evidence" of UFOs, aliens, alien bodies, and the like. We see new videos posted on ATS from You Tube almost on a daily basis, always hoping to see something 'genuine'. At this point I click on such threads and videos only to see how good the hoaxers have gotten since the last time I clicked on one of those videos. Even if real evidence is out there, it's going to be very difficult to pick it out from the heaps of garbage uploaded to You Tube every week.

Though unintentionally, unfortunately You Tube has dramatically lessened the possibility of finding real video evidence of UFOs by offering cash to anyone who's video reaches and exceeds 100,000 views. Admittedly it is difficult to get that many views from your original videos unless you know how to market them, but the point is that it is possible, and hundreds of people try to do so every day.

You Tube Videos Pull In Real Money

YouTube declined to comment on how much money partners earned on average, partly because advertiser demand varies for different kinds of videos. But a spokesman, Aaron Zamost, said “hundreds of YouTube partners are making thousands of dollars a month.” At least a few are making a full-time living: Mr. Buckley said he was earning over $100,000 from YouTube advertisements.


It can be a great way to make money as long as the video is viewed enough times. While there may be a few genuine videos uploaded to You Tube, there are dozens if not hundreds of fake videos drowning out the hope of being able to identify the real thing. Those who upload these videos purposely refuse to reveal whether it is real or a hoax, because none of us would spare the moment to click and pass on something that is clearly fake. This works against the person who uploaded the video, and that person will most likely do whatever it takes to convince people that their video is the genuine article. It must be exhausting for UFO researchers to have to go through so many intentional hoaxes, which takes time and attention away from the real thing (if that real thing exists).

I can't solely blame You Tube for this. After all, it's the users who upload these videos that should be to blame. Their moral compass points away from what's 'right', and steers them toward anything that might generate some revenue. There are other ways to attain the same goal. Instead of creating hoaxed UFOs and alien autopsies, why not create videos with some comedic, ingenious, informative or entertaining qualities? Hundreds of people do it every day, so why do disservice to a subject so difficult to get a firm grip on? This, of course, also applies to paranormal research. With all the ghost videos and stories going around, it's hard to say what's real and what isn't. These people exploit our curiosity and the need to 'know'.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that You Tube should always be taken with an EXTRA grain of salt due to the way it rewards it's members for the content they upload. While I distrust most videos online, I am especially careful about You Tube videos, and maybe so should you.
edit on 18-4-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)
i think you tube need a ats mod to debunk the fake ufo footage and ban them for life, or to make them show they are fake @ the end of clip..i find it so frustrating that people use their talents to disinform and trick people in to believing there bs vids..what they get out of it is anyones guess



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin
 


Well, what they potentially get out of it is money. The more views, the more likely it is that You Tube will partner with and pay them. You Tube already has moderators who make sure that copyrighted, highly violent or sexualized content is removed. I don't know if they'll ever make it a point to remove content which purposely intends to mislead. When you think about it, it's nearly impossible to enforce something like that. If they started removing content which You Tube deemed a "hoax", people would scream that You Tube is covering up and removing UFO evidence.

I think the only solution to the problem is to either A.) stop paying people for number of views, B.) Create a place where people upload content with the understanding that anything posted in that particular forum will NOT be considered for profit, or C.) people who upload videos grow a conscience.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well said...

And one other thing to note is that they seem to have cracked down on videos they deem "inappropriate" where folks are sharing whistleblowing info or information contrary to their higher ups' agendas.....China-Like censorship....which makes me think they'd do the same to "real" UFO videos if they came to light....



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
One of us ATS users needs to set up a website called genuine-ufo-vids where a video wont be posted until it has been judged and confirmed as a real sighting. Any takers?

I would but i have no experience in website design.



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pctoolbin
Well said...

And one other thing to note is that they seem to have cracked down on videos they deem "inappropriate" where folks are sharing whistleblowing info or information contrary to their higher ups' agendas.....China-Like censorship....which makes me think they'd do the same to "real" UFO videos if they came to light....




Oh I can go on and on about YT agendas, don't get me started


Basically YES! I noticed this too...

Youtube supports and enables disinformation & hoax videos. Has partnered with many notorious and obvious hoaxers. I have seen the debunking videos view count tampered with and somehow they will not show up in a search in association with the hoax videos. Basically covering up the truth to some degree. I can only guess they do not want any of us honest folk interfering with the legitimacy of partners. YT has no moral fabric when it comes down to it. I am a partner myself but i have yet to see a penny from my video traffic.


At the end of the day YT would sell you a sugar coated turd as long as there is a profit margin in it for them. They may or may not be working with the PTB to discredit the subject. However they do their dirty work regardless with all of the hoax material afloat on yt being pr0m0ted. But really ufology does not rest on yt, or even MUFON any more since they sold out. If you want to see classic UFO footage there is plenty of videos supported by ufo casebook. You can do a forum search here if you are starting out. But if you are looking for something recent that may be credible it is almost impossible anymore given the age of CGI and multitude of hoaxes. Greed is at the core of it all, people seeking attention and some that just do half ass research and post anything they can upload. And i cant keep up with debunking every weekly fraud coming from sleaze balls like Micheal Cohen and Sorcha Faal.

Really the best thing to do is pick and choose serious people in this subject. Collaborate and organize your own circles like grass roots. People on ATS that do a hell of a lot of foot work. The UFO community really needs to stop depending on yt and video footage and stick to basics imo. Psy Ops have been the game these days. But if I said YT is controlled by certain governmental alphabet agencies would you call me a conspiracy theorist?


edit on 20-5-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
One of us ATS users needs to set up a website called genuine-ufo-vids where a video wont be posted until it has been judged and confirmed as a real sighting. Any takers?

I would but i have no experience in website design.


I tried that with one of my YT channels.Problem is the majority of people that sub cant tell the difference between genuine and fake. Where do we draw the line too? Everyone that has a yt channel in 2011 is also a "video expert" or "UFO Hunter"


See what I mean?



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics


Calling ATS members names is not civility and decorum.
edit on May 20th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think its to easy to put all the blame on youtube , people interested in this subject need to look at all the possibilities and ask more questions of the footage presented.
Too many people on this and other forums are far too willing to accept the often posted footage of planes or lanterns as evidence and don't even seem to want to know the truth .

CGI is more of a problem these days , but they never seem to pass the scrutiny of members here , so apart from the initial ripple of excitement they are always [ to the best of my knowledge ] proved fraudulent .



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics


Calling ATS members names is not civility and decorum.
edit on May 20th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)


I don't recall calling anyone names. All I said was that some who call themselves UFO researchers are ignorant and disinfo agents. I've seen a lot worse written on these forums and they still exist.

In future, I will do my best not to upset any disinfo agents!



new topics

top topics



 
6

log in

join