It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A scream in the night and a weird coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am in my early twenties and live in an apartment with my father. Last night I experience something that has never and I hope will never happen again. So here’s what happened…

Last night I was sleeping and had not woken up once in the course of the night (kind of unusual for me sometimes I wake up 3 or 4 times). I was suddenly woken up by what can only be described as an ear-piercing scream in my right ear. Anyway…I was so scared I did not even want to open my eyes to see who or what had screamed! My natural reaction to noises or feelings of unease while sleeping is to sit up and look around. I could not make myself do it. So, I started praying out loud and fell asleep sometime later.

When I woke up for the day I went into the living room to tell my dad what happened. I first asked him where he slept, he replied the couch. He fell asleep reading. I then asked if he heard anything weird last night. He said no. Then I told him what happened and he kind of laughed and said I was probably dreaming and I adamantly told him I was not. He just told me that he was sure it was nothing. So I went on with my morning routine.
While I was getting dressed I heard a noise coming from the kitchen/living room. I thought my dad had taken the coffee pot off too soon and some water spilled on the heating element. That’s when I heard him shouting obscenities and I peeked out the bathroom to see what was going on. The lamp he turned on had shorted and began smoking and making a popping sound. He quickly unplugged it. At first he was freaking out because it could have easily caused a fire. He said it must have shorted. Then shook his head and said well that’s two weird things that have happened today.

I could tell my dad was in deep thought about any possible connection between the lamp and the scream. Any thoughts…

Side note: I am Catholic; although not practicing I still pray and have religious items around the apartment.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunQueen

This happened to me once. When I woke up I started to hear noises in another unoccupied room.
i thought a ghost was messing with me.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

I heard no other noises that I think might have been the weirdest part. It was just the scream then nothing...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is beyond my realm. Too spooky.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Maybe a ghost.
Maybe a hallucination.
Buy a quiji board.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg

Maybe a ghost.
Maybe a hallucination.
Buy a quiji board.

Ghost..maybe.
Hallucination...I don't think so, too real.
As for the quiji board I think I'll pass...I don't want to encourage something that could mean harm.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Here in the Colorado Rocky Mountain foot hills where I live, we share our land with many animals. During the winter months or at times when food is scarce, the normally solitary coyote form pack's of 20 or more. And each night the first howl made by the coyote packs alpha male is indistinguishable from the sound of a young woman's scream. Red fox never form packs but they do wander for miles each night, stopping every few minutes to warn rivals and attract mates with a most particular howl. Either of these howls can wake me from a sound sleep when they are outside my bedroom window.

Considering that these animals can live anywhere, perhaps it was a howl and not a scream you heard?

Best regards,
DrZrD

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

Thanks DrZrD for the response.
I would like to think it was an animal but I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building. Unless it were some sort of bird I would rule out animals.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It sounds to me that you possibly had a sleep paralysis attack or maybe a night terror. From experience i usually start hearing loud ringing sounds or shrieking noises right in my ear or in my head (but that sound like its coming from outside not within) when i get those episodes. I will still get those once in a while but now they are becoming more obscure and vivid as ive gotten older. It started with sounds and the last time i had one, i saw a skinny long grey fingers reaching toward me. Scared the heck out of me !!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You should research the residence and see if any crimes have been committed there in the past that involved someone or a person that would fit the characteristics of the scream as in male or female.
Go to the library and check the microfilm records of the newspapers in your city/town if possible looking at obituaries and/or crimes committed in the past. Also, check the location as well. Spirits are tied to the location/land and not necessarily only to the structures. The structures could be brand new but build on land that holds spirit energy and you have a haunting just as well.

The electrical anomaly with the lamp is also text book spirit activity. Disembodied Spirits are themselves electrical in nature.

There is such a thing as residual hauntings and ghosts repeat how they died unexpectedly in an attempt to draw attention from others leading to closure. Closure in providing information to someone who could potentially resolve their untimely death.

Apparently the residence where Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson gang is long gone but people in the area still hear and receive screams related to her murder and subsequent haunting.

People forget that ghosts are often times only seeking resolution in their untimely death.

Time is irrelevant in the spirit realm so hauntings go on for eons.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
It sounds to me that you possibly had a sleep paralysis attack or maybe a night terror. From experience i usually start hearing loud ringing sounds or shrieking noises right in my ear or in my head (but that sound like its coming from outside not within) when i get those episodes. I will still get those once in a while but now they are becoming more obscure and vivid as ive gotten older. It started with sounds and the last time i had one, i saw a skinny long grey fingers reaching toward me. Scared the heck out of me !!

You generally dont remember Night Terrors. So if you are remembering something and they feel real...good chance its real (Meaning your hallucinating and blaming them on Night Terrors). Psychology.

How do i know about Night Terrors? Use to have them , i remember a wild hog and a blue background , thats about it from about a year of it then it suddenly went as fast as it came. Now days i probably remember 3 or 4 dreams a year. All quiet in the ole' knoggin.

(Schizophrenia) , over 83% of the worlds population by the age of 50 has a mental disorder. So its nothing to be ashamed of. Psychology.

Or...it maybe may not be Schizophrenia , could be something else. (Demonic?) i can tell your not religious however , so good luck with your ordeal.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You're very welcome !

The reason as to why I mention that is where I live in New Hampshire, we had had numerous Indian wars and massacres resulting in many deaths in the past.

One of the apparitions I have seen in my home appears to be of an Indian woman wearing a Blanket over her as a shaw.

The first time I witnessed it I thought it might have been my Wife going into the Kitchen but when I didn't hear anything afterwards as in the Fridge opening or anything I went into the Kitchen to look, and there was absolutely nothing there.

Native Americans haven't lived here for quite sometime leading me to believe that whoever this woman is, she must've inhabited what is now my property long long ago.

I don't show any fear to these entities....I've had a few try to scare me. Specifically a tall shadow person and/or his buddy a hooded entity who would appear at the foot of my bed. In fact I kicked one, one that had awakened me it startled me.

I was unsure as to whether it was real or simply an apparition at the time and my martial arts training instinctively told me to attack.

I do keep a Bible on my nightstand that seems to help with the nighttime visits....perhaps you can try this as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

It is very possible that it could be a Native American spirit. Up until the last hundred or so years they had a pretty big population in this area.

My apartment complex is relatively new and there are a few wooded areas and fields near it. It may be possible that a death has occurred there.

Thanks agian and I will keep a rosary and bible around for the time being.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunQueen
...Last night I was sleeping and had not woken up once in the course of the night (kind of unusual for me sometimes I wake up 3 or 4 times)....

CQ - You mention you usually wake up 3-4 times per night. That means your are not getting ANY REM sleep in a standard 8 hour sleep cycle. The reason I am pointing this out is because I use to suffer from sleep apnea and at the worse point I was having very lucid dreams like you describe, hearing things and a general sense of paranoia. I went through a full sleep study (expensive but worth it) and ended up having to sleep with a CPAP machine. I honestly did not know what a good night sleep was like until I fell asleep using that machine, I mean a solid 7 hours of deep sleep does wonders and a lot of the physical things like like of energy and restless sleep went away. Subsequently I got off the CPAP machine by losing 15lbs although I did not look overweight apparently it was just enough extra pounds to restrict my breathing at night.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you are really really tired and/or drinking over 4 cups of coffee a day to stay awake and/or find yourself dozing off during the day and/or can not sleep in the same position for more than 1 hour and/or hear strange things (the things I heard were really scary almost certifiable) you may need to get a sleep study to see if there is not an underlying physical issue that may be causing this.

I hope this helps.
M

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

When I was a little kid I once heard a loud scream in my ear to, maybe a lucid dream or something? What I remembered of it was that I was scared as hell haha !

new topics

top topics

join