It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antigravity Could Replace Dark Energy as Cause of Universe’s Expansion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a theory about the expansion of the universe is that it was because of matter and anti matter creating anti gravity. there is alot of theories so there is no wrong answer?
www.universetoday.com...
Massimo Villata, a scientist from the Observatory of Turin in Italy, claims that the universe is expanding because of this powerful repulsion between matter and antimatter. he posited that both matter and antimatter have positive mass and energy density. so particles attract other particles and antiparticles attract other antiparticles which means the universe is being expand into space?
edit on 18-4-2011 by alex1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I was under the assumption that dark matter and dark energy were just words we use to describe a state of matter or energy that we do not fully understand. If so, how could anti-gravity replace dark energy? Wouldnt we say rather that dark energy is anti-gravity? I know its symantics, but I hate it when our illustrious scientific community cant distinguish place holder words for descriptive names with intrinsic value.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Gravity is a force.
Anti matter is very brief.
So why are science writers looking for anti force that is so brief.
There are greater forces than mass forces.

Primary Solar Radiation
www.google.com...
have such great energy the source can not even be guessed at in one link that
they suggest shock waves.
But space is empty. What waves.

The universe is filled with charged matter and I'd suggest working in that direction.

new topics

join