It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Vote in the Canadian Election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This current Canadian election is a complete bore. Nobody is really campaigning seriously. It looks like that dopey egghead from Harvard is going to blow it.

I was just watching a clip from a Norm MacDonald interview on the Tom Green show on YouTube and it made me want to start a thread on the election. I wan't going to bother until Norm got me going.

Anyway, I hadn't intended to do threads about the Canadian election, because the Canadian election is a complete and total irrelevancy to everyone but a few lobbyists, pals of pals and construction contractors.

However since Norm was asked a question by a Hunter S. Thompson impersonator who called into the Tom Green Show and wanted to know about Lady Gaga's cock (I didn't realize she raised poultry), I decided to do a thread telling people why they should not vote for Michael Ignatieff, or that jackass, Jack Layton.

You should not vote for Michael Ignatieff or Jack Layton in this election because despite the fact that Prime Minister Peter Harper's government spent 1.1 BILLION dollars for security at the G8/G20 conference last summer, an amount roughly 100 times more than such services really cost, neither Ignatieff nor Layton has called for a criminal investigation into the way contracts were assessed and awarded at that time.

I'm not even going to throw in the legal and police conduct issues that arose out of that summer in TO, and neither is anyone else, apparently.

The reason that Layton and Ignatieff are not going after Paul Harper for corruption in awarding contracts related to the G8/G20 is that if they are ever elected to office in this country, they intend to award contracts in precisely the same crooked, dishonest and thieving way that Pierre Harper does.

That's how politics works in Canada and that's why you shouldn't vote for Ignatieff, Layton or Harkins.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

are peter and paul short forms for steven... or am i missing some inside joke?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

are peter and paul short forms for steven... or am i missing some inside joke?

You're missing the joke. By using several names for the Prime Minister I am attempting to indicate that as an individual with a personal character that a human being could relate to, he is a failure to all but his immediate family.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I think the Pierre / Paul play on words was in reference to Pierre Trudeau and Paul Martin.

But the OP is right, there is no one worth voting for. So I will vote, but I intend to spoil it to send a message that no one on the ballot is good enough for me.

I want election reform where I can vote on the issues, not for a party. I want to know HOW the issues are to be dealt with not the generalization that seems to be going on. This is why they can lie and get away with it. They don't actually promise anything specific.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

I like your thinking on this. It has a flavor of the Swiss practice of referendums on all sorts of issues or that thing they do in California where citizens can have issues put on the ballot. These things are a step in the right direction.

I really cannot stand the theft of taxpayer money to pay off corporate sponsors of the major political parties. Every time I see a homeless person in the street or some mentally ill person who can't get care or hear talk of Canada Pension shortfalls expected when the wave of boomers hits 65, my blood boils at the thought of the thieving scum, in their fancy suits and styled hair and glib patter who are the enablers of all that trouble and suffering.

I realize it is tough to be a Canadian politician. It's walking the razor's edge. Only one other country in the world shares a border with the world's leading sociopathic nation. And that country, Mexico, is a basket case hit by a train.

I do know that Canadian politicians on the federal level are largely playing parts in an opera written south of the border. They do their best. But are we slipping on the Harper watch? Harper is certainly no Jean Chretien in the international arena. Ignatieff needs a kick in the pants or maybe it's all just a waste of time.

He's probably just another Tweedledum anyway. He's looking like one.

edit on 18-4-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
that's funny how you bring the USA into this.

can you poor bastersd do a write in vote?

write in for ron paul!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
that's funny how you bring the USA into this.

can you poor bastersd do a write in vote?

write in for ron paul!

I wish we could vote in US elections. They are more of a determing factor on issues up here than our own elections are, a lot of the time.

As a matter of fact, the whole world should be able to vote in US elections. It's obvious that Americans are not up to the job of running their own country.

It's just like Parisians shouldn't be in charge of running Paris. That job should be left strictly to tourists who have spent time there and now consider it their second home town.

The idiots have gotten rid of the pissoirs. I'm told there is only one remaining pissoir . . . ,er, vespasienne in Paris. Here it is.

en.wikipedia.org...:VespasienneLarge.jpg

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3062acd89ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyway, merde alors!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

naw, you can have ron paul,

what you said seems like a flaw in respective governments.

don't count on the USA, do your own thing, refuse the money.

rattle some cages, but don't vote?

that is a sweet deal for the population to be able to vote.

we just need better choices. all of us.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
rattle some cages, but don't vote?

that is a sweet deal for the population to be able to vote.

we just need better choices. all of us.

You are correct of course, but this is Canada (not Sparta), the nicy nicest of all the nicey, nice places on earth and simply even thinking of doing something like not voting is . . . . gasp, gasp, my heart is beating (not at an elevated rate, mind you . . . simply beating) . . . gasp, not nice.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I'm definitely voting...

If people are tired of the same politics then the least they can do is to vote for something different. Even if it doesn't represent 100% of their interests and values, it's at least somewhat closer. No one representative will ever have the exact value system as any 'true' individual.

At least we have choice, A lot more choice than in the US.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
I'm definitely voting...

If people are tired of the same politics then the least they can do is to vote for something different. Even if it doesn't represent 100% of their interests and values, it's at least somewhat closer. No one representative will ever have the exact value system as any 'true' individual.

At least we have choice, A lot more choice than in the US.

I really don't think so. I wish I could say different, but I think that more and more we are becoming a mini-me to the United States. Harper is our "republican" yes man and Ignatieff will be our Canadian "Obama-style" yes man.

We are going down the drain with the Americans. We are handcuffed to them, like it or lump it. When the going gets tough, as it may, eventually, you will see American armor rolling into Canada. I don't doubt it for a minute. It is the elephant in the room of US/Canadian relations, the retarded relative that no one ever mentions.

That's the price of living next door to a psychopath.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Don Cherry for Prime Minister !!!

You kids out there,,,, keep yer sticks on da hice, eh.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

The only person from the hockey zoo that I might consider for Prime Minister is Bobby Orr. He knows what it is like to be stolen from by the suits and to be mad enough and strong enough to do something about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Far as I know we are slated for assimilation into the collective NAU
the paper work has been signed by the corporate types...
look for a bilderberger harper government "majority"...

anesthetic

nighty night Canada

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I will vote for Harper for the simple fact CANADA IS LEADING THE WORLD ECONOMICALLY. I don't want another election in 6 months and we're doing too good now to administer a shuffle in the House.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm voting for any oddball party i see on the ballot.

Here's hoping to the success of the Marijuana Party!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I will vote for Harper for the simple fact CANADA IS LEADING THE WORLD ECONOMICALLY. I don't want another election in 6 months and we're doing too good now to administer a shuffle in the House.

You make a very good point and it is not lost on me. I do respect Harper and Flaherty and Paul Martin on that score. People can laugh about the "stewards" of the economy and how they are not really responsible for anything, but all one has to do is look south of the border where right wing ideologues put a simpleton into the White House and proceeded to deregulate the entire financial services industry.

The resulting sub-prime mortgage chaos was like the scene in Catch 22 where the financial black market genius bought up all the surplus US military cotton swabs, had them dipped in chocolate and started selling them as food.

Down in the States, I have reason to believe that Canadian leaders are regarded somewhat dismissively as mere "managers" as opposed to their own homegrown brilliant, visionary, delusional, world shaking psychopaths.

I'll take a "manager" any day. Despite my jibes, I do like the way that Harper refuses to sing arias for the press.

But . . . every Canadian should be reading Stevie Cameron's On the Take and demanding that something be done about the looting of the treasury by cronies of the party in power. So far nobody has taken that bull by the horns.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I never vote. i am 42 years old and nothing ever changed, be it liberal, or any one else for that matter.
For me to vote would be wrong because i don't know any thing about politics. How could i juge...

Second: i do not participate in organised crime.
It is a crime just to want me.. to vote.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I for one will not be voting. There is no need to vote in an election for the corrupt governances of Canada. They are all corrupt; since the G20 i will never vote again, until we can be gone with corruption in parliament. Since they took away the hospitals emergency rooms in our local town. Because Mc Guinty lost billions of Dollars trying to digitalise the Medical records of Canadians which never even happened so where did the money go?

Mc Guinty also payed 100,000+ dollar salaries to all his close friend and they never even were assigned a job.

My cousin passed away because they had a 30 min ride to the hospital when they got in a car accident instead of a 10 min ride because they removed our hospitals emergency rooms. in town because of Mc Guinty the man should be tried for Murder.

There was 10,000 of the towns population of 30,000 that showed up to the local hockey rink for a rally and also to sign a petition against this fraudulent action of the government.

There was tens of millions of dollars in equipment donated over the 80 years the hospital has been there.

The Equipment was donated by towns folks and local businesses

When the government came in they confiscated all the emergency equipment to be sent to other hospitals. No-one even knows where. So the Corrupt Government are robbers they stole the equipment from our hospital.

My family doctor was arrested and several other people when the police and authorities came to try and take the hospital equipment because they were standing near the equipment not allowing them to take the equipment.

I think some of them were arrested outside as well. Good job Local police defending the corrupt government PIG THUGS
`1984 COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Video of Arrest
www.youtube.com...

BTW the first arrest was illegal he was burning a big H sign he made on PUBLIC sidewalk

I can embed the video how do you embed anyone care to help?

Its time FOR A $&%#@*ing REVOLUTION
edit on 18-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'll vote for whoever will legalize marijuana. Other than that every party is the same crap.

Or for anyone that wants B.C. And Alberta to separate.

Pred...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join