It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out of the nest for 3 week - and see how the world is NOT changing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I used to follow stories and news about ufos and alien. I used to dig and find infos about aliens and stuff. Until, I got fed up.

I stopped around feburary this year.

And I'm disguested. By both sides!

How we are not changing, while a reality is being block and how we so much don't care about it. Weeks go by, it's friday night - super let's go out.. or it's monday morning damn I hate work but still go etc etc.

maybe these events - aka tsunami, aka world war are made to wake us and changes!

I don't pray for those, it's horribles. But we are so much comfty.

Stop following your normal channels website or eles for 3 weeks. And tell me I'm wrong!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Humans are adaptive creatures...meaning people won't adapt to the things happening until it directly affects them. Until them, it'll be burrito night and watching American Idol like usual.

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'll agree that having time away from 'researching' can help restore a little inner peace and put things into perspective.

On return, the current topics will have changed but sadly, what remains but needs to change is our belief that we can do no nothing about them.

The media has a knack of presenting information in a way that dissolves any real belief in the ability to help.

What is to be missed with this site is the occasional showing of genuine compassion from real people, for it's worth putting up with the trolls and lack of composure from some.

We can do something if we only believe.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have a feeling things are going to shake up quite a lot these next few years....

Already happening.

PS I look forward to major, natural disasters. They excite me. The other day 100 tornadoes passed here (South East US). Very exciting.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by korats
I used to follow stories and news about ufos and alien. I used to dig and find infos about aliens and stuff. Until, I got fed up.

I stopped around feburary this year.

Good for you. One would assume you have shed your blind believer tenancies that we all had when first getting into this subject and realized it was populated by ignorant fools that made us all look like idiots. Good on you.

And I'm disguested. By both sides!

Uh oh, getting the open minded hippie vibe here. You mean your disgusted by the side that ignores many probable explanations for something people think may be abnormal and your also disgusted by the side that looks at all the variables and wants to consider something called "proof" Something is starting to smell funny with your post now...

maybe these events - aka tsunami, aka world war are made to wake us and changes!

Um, yeah. Sure. A lack of basic scientific understanding, plate tectonics and such.....the reality of the real world political climate can cause people to fill in the blanks based on their ignorance of certain things. It appears you are doing that now, and choose to possibly think thinks you don't understand must be some sort of sign or something. Post getting worse as I read.....

I don't know what else to say, as your post doesn't really come to a clear point. Are you telling me to turn off the internet or not visit my usual sites and the world will go on without me? Of course it will, what kind of idiotic, self centered fool would I be if I thought otherwise? I could not come to this aliens forum for 20 years and guess what, the day I get back and check the front forum page it would be filled with the exact same ridiculous crap from the same type of ignorant people that mostly make it up now. Nothing will have changed.

Gee, I guess I miss the point of your thread, maybe someone can clue me in (please, no hippie bs)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
I have a feeling things are going to shake up quite a lot these next few years....

Already happening.

PS I look forward to major, natural disasters. They excite me. The other day 100 tornadoes passed here (South East US). Very exciting.

Oddly enough I am the same way... have been since a child. There's just something about the thrill of it that makes you feel more alive than you ever have. To feel the awesome power of nature and to humble you in knowing that you are but a miniscule insect on the grand scale of things.

I love it... bring it on, says I. Maybe we need a 'natural' cleansing of sorts.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Great Flood...round 2.

*ding ding*

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by darius2025

Okay... not much longer to wait till Nibiru comes a visiting
only about 20 months to go

Here is a sneak preview of that 'cleansing' you want

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

Already happening.

I have a feeling they are gonna die down quite a bit.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by darius2025

Okay... not much longer to wait till Nibiru comes a visiting
only about 20 months to go

Here is a sneak preview of that 'cleansing' you want

I've seen this one as well, awesome video!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by korats

Fact is you don't need to follow it. If something happens you will know about it. Like playing video games or anything obsessively takes you away from the true beauty and joy of life.
I remember when 9/11 happened my mother was in the hospital recovering from an operation. The doctors warned my sister and I NOT to tell her about it and said the depression might slow down her healing! That was a real eye opener for me and now I take regular news breaks. They are often disguised as 3 day fishing trips but who cares, its my own free time.

new topics

top topics

join