It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Tornado Outbreak: 3 Days, 241 Tornadoes, 14 States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

From Thursday, April 14, 2011 to Saturday, April, 16, 2011, devastating tornadoes rampaged across communities of the southern United States. Cities and towns from Oklahoma to North Carolina were assaulted by the deadly twisters.

The tornado outbreak led to a total of 241 tornado reports in 14 states over the three-day period. This will likely rank this tornado outbreak among the largest in history.

Source

(below is an image of reported tornadoes)

241 reported tornadoes?! This is pretty surreal! I've noticed the growing severity of storms over the past decade and have been in some pretty nasty storms but I would NEVER want to be in the middle of this! For myself to say that speaks volumes because I love to watch and experience storms (and I've have been in the middle of an outbreak of tornadoes and was pumped up!)

This definitely makes me wonder what's on the horizon in regards to weather. There seems to be more and more severe weather going on lately.

All my best to those who lost loved ones in this outbreak.

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 17-4-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It's crazy, isn't it? And people say everything we see is totally normal. Ugh

Want to know something even stranger?

Call it BS if you want, but I've seen enough proof. This guy alone has been right at least 15 times, and I've watched em all as they happened.

Interesting, eh?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

the last ice age took hold within 10 years.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I have to say I have never seen that, but it cant be normal weather patterns.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

Just imagine what they can do. if they can cause hundreds of tornadoes within 24-48 hours, I wonder what they could form over the ocean? Especially in the spring season, where more people are at a risk for storms..

I don't know what it is, it is definitely interesting.

But I don't think this is natural, not with the radar images of the second poster. That video is nuts, thanks for sharing

There is just too much going on right now to dismiss things..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

It definitely has been crazy - but normal crazy for a solar maximum. More to come, unfortunately.

Reminds me of this thread, Extreme weather is moving tectonic plates, scientists claim.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm in AR and it says we have thunderstorms for 8 straight days, starting Tuesday I think. Let's watch the severity.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a month or so ago i posted a thread called understanding tornados if you could be so kind as to post in that thread as well i would greatly appreciate it . thanks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A friend of mine just received a notice about his homeowners insurance. He must either pay a premium or take a higher deductible on his hail insurance. The reason given was that storms in the Midwest are becoming more violent. It could of course be an excuse but if insurance companies are seeing weather changes in their numbers...maybe it's time more people pay attention.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Remember back in what was it, 1993 with the insane storms and flooding. You could probably cut and paste this post back to then and it would be just as relevant.

Or go back to the 1930's when the dust bowl was going on and look at some of the blizzards they had during winter and the comments about how the weather had never been that bad before that anyone could remember.

Point is that there have always been times of increased weather and theres nothing special going on today leading up to something else.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Remember back in what was it, 1993 with the insane storms and flooding. You could probably cut and paste this post back to then and it would be just as relevant.

Or go back to the 1930's when the dust bowl was going on and look at some of the blizzards they had during winter and the comments about how the weather had never been that bad before that anyone could remember.

Point is that there have always been times of increased weather and theres nothing special going on today leading up to something else.

Hmm, both years with Moon Perigee events....
Makes you wonder.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Nothing at all? Are you sure?

www.weathermodification.com...

la de da.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

I agree, but the problem they would have with that is getting the stations with enough power to produce it out in the ocean.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Here's some videos of what was captured on radar

Lots o red in those storms!

AS

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Thought this was interesting......and obviously rare

nwahomepage.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Dutch has one of the most informative youtube channels out there!! Its just straight hard facts and data, no fear mongering, none of that!! Just straight proof in your face of whats really going on. As far as the predicting 24-48 hrs thing I think he is just seeing patterns so i don't think he is really bogus as some of you may think I have talked with the guy and he has some credentials and seems very intelligent so just sayin.

I am pretty sure these storms are something els though, I have people all around me going well, they have storms every year around this time *face palm* Are you freakin kidding me!? 0.o Anyways this is definitely out of the norm. I will keep my eyes peeled on this thread, I have seen a few other ones posted as well with some horrifying stories.
Sarah
edit on 18-4-2011 by Sarahraeann because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Tornado activity also cut off the outside electricity to the Surry Nuke Plant in Virginia. Luckily the generators kicked on. There certainly isn't much if anything on the MSM about it (of course).

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

I am near the Missouri River in St. Louis and the storms tend to skirt my area as they travel East. This past storm (the one that eventually got to NC) was different than most others I have seen in 20 years. Little warning, then a small storm that grew in intensity over 15 minutes. We had pea sized hail that grew to quarter size in 15 mins. Let me tell you, 15 mins of rain and hail is something to experience.

The lightning was strange, too. It came out of nowhere and was very spotty and loud. I am accustomed to gradually increasing then decreasing lightning. This one did not do that.

Our local weather man is calling these storms "bowling ball storms" since they roll through and gather intensity as they go. In St. Louis we are looking at a week of storms as well. I am hunkering down after a grocery trip today. St. Louis is well-known for very spotty storms that you cannot anticipate. Last summer I headed into the next city in blazing sunshine. 10 mins later the tornado sirens went off, and cops had stopped traffic due to a tornado touching down a few miles away.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ask yourself this . Is it Raining ?

Remember Fukushinma ? Radioactive Fallout ? Does that ring a Bell ?

Where is the Fallout Falling? MEXICO

Mexico Huge Rain Storm

My 2 Cents ........

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

241 reported tornadoes?! This is pretty surreal!

Please just keep in mind that that doesn't necessarily mean 241 completely different tornadoes. Many are repeat reports. For example, a tornado touches down in "area x" and gets spotted by someone and reported. Now that tornado lifts, but does not dissipate, and touches down again five miles away in "area y". That is reported by a different person. Same tornado, but counted twice.

I'm not arguing that there were a whole lot of tornadoes in that system, but the total number is always much higher than the actual amount due to the above scenario.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join