It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pick Your Own Strawberries!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, first off a redneck wouldn't have enough money to keep anyone as a slave, those would be bigot rednecks.

I used to hang gutter, and one day we pulled up to a house that we had a job for. The entire front of the house was covered with Confederate Flags (heritage not racist mind you). There were 2 mud covered pick up trucks in the short driveway which led to a large wooden shed (large enough to be a garage but made like a shed). There was a chicken wire pen in the back yard for the goats. So I'm think that this person is going to be a huge redneck...

...to my surprise, out walks a black man wearing skin tight blue jeans, a shirt straight from the Al Borland collection (sidekick from Home Improvement), and a faded cowboy hat. But I was right about him being a huge redneck. It was nice to see some "diversity" that day. And boy was he proud of those Confederate Flags...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
IMHO - proudly displaying a confederate flag is the same as proudly displaying a Nazi flag - I understand that a symbol can carry different meanings to different people, but the values of the flag remain the same regardless of who hangs it or puts it on their truck....the history of the flag starts with racism and still lives today with it - I'll never understand the motivation behind someone who displays it in public

In fact - my Uncle lives out in the middle of nowhere, but of course there are a few people who live around him - and after living their for about 30 years you get to know them....and this one war vet has this neat little set-up with thre mannequins all dressed up in the three branches of service uniforms and their all saluting the American flag - until last year they were saluting the confederate flag....my Uncle finally got so frustrated at this that he asked the guy if he knew what that flag truly stood for - he took it down that very day and said he was embarassed it was there for so long - Don't ask me how the guy didn't know - I find it incredible myself - but I think seeing as how he he assumed his little set-up was so patriotic, his immediate reaction to take his confederate flag down is quite a statement....

new topics

<< 1   >>

join