It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Price Of War.(Warning Graphic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The Price Of War. (Warning Graphic)

According to the Center for Defense Information, the estimated cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will reach $1.29 trillion by the end of fiscal year 2011.
U.S. SPENDING IN IRAQ.

Spent & Approved War-Spending - About $900 billion of US taxpayers' funds spent or approved for spending through November 2010.

Lost & Unaccounted for in Iraq - $9 billion of US taxpayers' money and $549.7 milion in spare parts shipped in 2004 to US contractors. Also, 190,000 guns, including 110,000 AK-47 rifles.

Missing - $1 billion in tractor trailers, tank recovery vehicles, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and other equipment and services provided to the Iraqi security forces.
Mismanaged & Wasted in Iraq - $10 billion, per Feb 2007 Congressional hearings

Halliburton Overcharges Classified by the Pentagon as Unreasonable and Unsupported - $1.4 billion
Amount paid to KBR, a former Halliburton division, to supply U.S. military in Iraq with food, fuel, housing and other items - $20 billion

Portion of the $20 billion paid to KBR that Pentagon auditors deem "questionable or supportable" - $3.2 billion

U.S. 2009 Monthly Spending in Iraq - $7.3 billion as of Oct 2009

U.S. 2008 Monthly Spending in Iraq - $12 billion

U.S. Spending per Second - $5,000 in 2008 (per Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on May 5, 2008)

Cost of deploying one U.S. soldier for one year in Iraq - $390,000
U.S. Troop Casualties - 4,444 US troops; 98% male. 91% non-officers; 82% active duty, 11% National Guard; 74% Caucasian, 9% African-American, 11% Latino. 19% killed by non-hostile causes. 54% of US casualties were under 25 years old. 72% were from the US Army

Non-U.S. Troop Casualties - Total 316, with 179 from the UK
US Troops Wounded - 32,051, 20% of which are serious brain or spinal injuries. (Total excludes psychological injuries.)

US Troops with Serious Mental Health Problems - 30% of US troops develop serious mental health problems within 3 to 4 months of returning home

US Military Helicopters Downed in Iraq - 75 total, at least 36 by enemy fire
Journalists killed - 146, 97 by murder and 49 by acts of war

Journalists killed by US Forces - 14

Iraqi Police and Soldiers Killed - 9,889 as of Jan 31, 2011
Iraqi Civilians Killed, Estimated - On October 22, 2010, ABC News reported "a secret U.S. government tally that puts the Iraqi (civilian) death toll over 100,000," information that was included in more than 400,000 military documents released by Wikileaks.com.

A UN issued report dated Sept 20, 2006 stating that Iraqi civilian casualties have been significantly under-reported. Casualties are reported at 50,000 to over 100,000, but may be much higher. Some informed estimates place Iraqi civilian casualities at over 600,000.

Iraqi Insurgents Killed, Roughly Estimated - 55,000

Non-Iraqi Contractors and Civilian Workers Killed - 572

Non-Iraqi Kidnapped - 306, including 57 killed, 147 released, 4 escaped, 6 rescued and 89 status unknown.

Iraqis "strongly opposed to presence of coalition troops - 82%

Iraqis who believe Coalition forces are responsible for any improvement in security - less than 1%

Iraqis who feel less ecure because of the occupation - 67%

Iraqis who do not have confidence in multi-national forces - 72%

So before you all scream we need to be liberating libya ..think about these stats and the video i posted.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
could you imagine if they only gave a fraction of what they spend on war to the people instead of wasting it on their quest for global oil domination? they could give every man,woman ad child a million dollars and it still woulfnt scrath the surface of what they spend...there wouldnt have to be the poor class..everyone would be able to live comfortably...but no,they spend billions and trillions of dollars for their quest for oil,power and more money for the rich...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It makes me ashamed to see this. My taxes fuel this, so I can't help but feel responsible.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
it's these factors that disturb me.
were all told we did the right thing in iraq we liberated them...clearly not true...we destoryed a nation of innocent people ...

Iraqis "strongly opposed to presence of coalition troops - 82% Iraqis who believe Coalition forces are responsible for any improvement in security - less than 1%

and now we prepare to invade libya once again in the name of democracy and liberation,and all those fundamentalist rebels in libya calling for the west to liberate them..don't know what they're letting themselves in-for..(personally i think its all staged)

when the beast hears the cries of the wounded,it doesnt come to save them it comes to eat them.

its madness...total madness.

you only have to look at the sums of money involved..and then look in your own pockets,as were told we have to have cut backs we have to bail out banks who messed up...and we have to have higher tax's to fund elitists wars for the benefit of no one other than corporations that would sell there soul for a dollar.

were all living in a televised illusion of freedom.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
could you imagine if they only gave a fraction of what they spend on war to the people instead of wasting it on their quest for global oil domination? they could give every man,woman ad child a million dollars and it still woulfnt scrath the surface of what they spend...there wouldnt have to be the poor class..everyone would be able to live comfortably...but no,they spend billions and trillions of dollars for their quest for oil,power and more money for the rich...

I'd vote for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Nice post. Makes me hate the war even more.

Do you have sources though?

I'd like something to back up your claims so people can't throw the "SHOW ME PROVEZORS I LOVE MY COUNTRY" bomb on me.

Haha not that I hate my country. Just hate the war and how broken my country is.

new topics

top topics

join