It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How NOT to react when you suddenly confront something that shouldn't be there..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This short video is an example of how not to react when you suddenly find yourself face to face with something that you were not expecting to be there.
As much as people are having a bit of a chuckle with this, it does help to show how, as a paranormal investigator, you've got to be ready and prepared for any situation..

I was doing one of my normal solo vigils (which everyone knows I tend to do) at Kelvedon nuclear bunker, when one of our groups investigators was leading around two members of the public..
Unknown to any of them, we were not too far apart.. seperated by a wall and a door.. much to the surprise of everyone but myself..

Be warned, there are a few swear words that tend to slip out due to the events at the time

Hence just a link to the youtube vid..
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That is pretty hilarious - I watched the video before reading your comment and I kept expecting something in the room in front of you to jump up - the thing against the back wall looked like a woman sitting in a chair. Still quite funny, seems like they must have been on your back the whole time and not known it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

It's in a nuclear bunker and it's a bit of a maze.. They were in a room that was part of the room I was in, so a room within a room.. yet both rooms have two doors.. All designed to confuse anyone who ever manage to invade.

I was walking in the main room, whilst they had entered into the smaller room.. and our paths crossed eventually..

I'm glad you liked it

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I dont get you paranormal investigators, your looking for something but when you find it you all shriek hahha. Im not saying I wouldnt have the same reaction haha.

I also thought it looked like someone was sitting in the chair and expected it to move.

edit on 17-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE
I also thought it looked like someone was sitting in the chair and expected it to move.

Yeah, that creepy girl from the movie The Ring. I was creeped out by the wall so I can understand how they might have been freaked out by an actual person.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Bunch of fats...

The video wasn't colourful.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

The video is not colourful due to the fact we were in total darkness.. what lights you can see are from Infra Red cameras and normal digital camera flashes.

Otherwise you can't see anything else.. What scared Toni so much was all she could see was my face lit up by my video cameras screen..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I knew that...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thats classic. Im surprised the seriouse investigator in you did'nt relagate this vid in to the void of never to be shown.

Im pleased to see you can have a laugh at yourself.

I wish more people were like that.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

You know what they say...all work and no play makes jack a dull boy..

Gotta take the rough with the smooth..

Yes we do take investigations seriously, but we're just like everyone else and do have a bit of giggle from time to time..

This time, though, I felt i just had to share it for good reason
The laugh and the 'what not to do'

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
All I could think about when reading this thread title is the movie "ET" where the find the alien and start screaming and it sets off a chain reaction of horrifying screams.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I dont get you paranormal investigators, your looking for something but when you find it you all shriek hahha. Im not saying I wouldnt have the same reaction haha.

Same here!! lol
By doing this type of investigation, you have to prepare mentally and have nerves of steel.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Haha, quite funny.

But definitely not what your reaction should be. Imagine if they were truly absolutely scared! Any negative entity would be feasting!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I would actually be interested in something they've found lol..pretty weak on anything regarding proof if you ask me for as much investigation has been done into this field.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

We did have a rather busy night, so to speak.
Parts of the video footage and EVP captures that I had personally recorded have been uploaded and/or submitted to the team as part of the evidence for the investigation.

One video, which is currently live already I've posted in another thread HERE

Further collected data is still being poured over but some other evp's have been posted on our evidence page HERE

The reason I've posted this video of Toni getting the shivers sent directly up her spine to her brain in a massive and sudden overdose is to show not only the lighter side of investigating, which we don't really ever get to see as most people throw this kind of thing out, and to also show how you've got to be prepared and ready for almost anything.

You don't want this to happen when you could have captured the best evidence ever

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

LMAO
That gave me a really good giggle! S&F just for that! =D
(Hard to come by these days unfortunately!)

And I TOTALLY thought that was a woman sitting in the chair in that room until the cameraman (woman?) actually got to the doorway!!!
And was that a manikin or something? to the right, over the op table?

great stuff
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Yes they are manikins.. there is several of them all over the place.
The general public can visit this place so it's a bit of a 'show piece' but could be called back into active duty at any time.

top topics

join