It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally thought i would say Hi.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hi i have been lurking for a few months now and i finally thought i would take the plunge and join. I have shouted at the screen long enough.
I am amazed it took me so long to find so many people that arent afraid of saying what they think even though they might be shouted down for it.
I realised something wasnt right when i was quite young... i was looking at an old encyclopedia and it had a picture of a big pink flower and a very tiny frog. I realised then that that small frog lived its whole life not knowing what was outside that flower that was his whole world. I think i must have been about five. I had no idea what the flower was or how big the frog was. But i knew that if it was possible for a frog to be so duped about the world he lived it then it wouldnt be hard to dupe my parents.. because hey.. i could fool them a lot and i was five. And so i went forth into the world. Never believing a thing anyone told me because maybe they couldnt see any further than the leaves of the flower they were living in and i wanted to see the whole rain forest. And what was living in the trees next door.

You can probably tell i was a horrible child

So anyway years later i found out the flower was a bromeliad and i tried to convince people about the frog but no one would listen. Then i found that goats could climb trees.. well you wouldnt believe that even as late as last year i actually had to prove to someone one with a video that goats climb trees..

So it just goes to prove there really are some very small minded people out there.
Sometimes i feel like that frog. i feel like im being pulled back down into my bromeliad by frogs that are not only telling me that there is nothing outside the petals but that there are no petals and there is no flower. Not only that they tell me that the water that im swimming in is still the same temperature it was last week even though im pretty sure its somewhere near boiling point.

Now when im climbing out of my bromeliad and running for the hills all i hear is Stop that Frog

well you get a sense of my sense of humour and a sense that i know the water has been heating for a long time and that i know its very near boiling.

What am i gonna do about it.. well after reading ATS and seeing there are more people that can see the goats in the tree next door i think there is still hope..

hope my post doesnt offend anyones sensibilities.. although i dont hold out much hope i normally manage offend someone

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Welcome!
Wonderful post with great imagery.

Seriously the frog and the flower is an amazing way of looking at life, I commend you for being such a genius : )
Also to learn that lesson at such a young age and even more to begin applying it to your everyday life!

Enjoy your time at ATS and try not to yell at the computer too much it hurts her feelings!
..Peace..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stopthatfrog

Be careful with sarcasm and obscure references on ATS. Most on here haven't developed the proper appreciation and will label you a "people like you" in short order.

edit on 17-4-2011 by whaaa because: ivy and chains, big code

join