posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:38 PM
Someone said that it doesn't matter if the rapture is pre-trib or post-trib. I wholeheartedly disagree. It's pre-trib and you want to escape the
tribulation period(it will be the worst time the human race has ever known, worse than what Hitler did and worse the the catastrophe of Noah's
flood.) It is going to be hard to be a christian during the tribulation period, it will mean death for some. Plus a strong delusion is going to be
sent during the tribulation period. The Bible tells us a "lie" will be told and many will believe this lie.
Someone also said that christians lower themselves to talk to the unsaved to get points to get into heaven. A real christian knows that he is only
going to heaven because of what Christ has done for us. You can't do anything to get into heaven aside from faith in Christ. We serve God and as
part of our service christians will be rewarded in heaven. The rewards we will receive are for growing in our faith and letting go our our will and
listening for the voice of God to direct us. They rewards are for accepting the responsibilities of being a christian and following through on those
Now for the rapture verses:
1. I believe being taken to heaven before the tribulation is one of those rewards. I believe that this is the crown of righteousness that is talked
about in 2 Timothy 4:8.
2. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 talks about a falling away that will happen. You need to get a concordance for the Bible so you can study seriously. The
word used can mean "departing". This is a verse that could and probably does have a dual application. Departing means going away from true
christianity and departing can also be christians departing for heaven in the rapture.
3. 2 Thess. 2:5-8 Someone is holding back the tribulation period and the appearing of the anti-christ. The only one stronger than satan is God(Holy
Spirit). The Holy Spirit resides in christians right now and so when He is removed we are removed. God has promised that He would never take His
spirit from us, so if He goes we go.
4. Luke 21:36 talks about a way to escape all the things to come(Jesus just talked about the end times before these verses). The word "escape" has
the meaning of vanish which is what will happen in the rapture.
5. Acts 15:14-17 talks about God "taking out" (rapture) a people for His name. Then a "residue" of men will seek after the Lord. Residue means
left down or left behind. The left Behind book series is a Biblical concept and the title has Biblical meaning.
6. Matthew 24:24 talks about that the "very elect" could be deceived during the trib period, and that would be possible except for one fact, we're
7. Jesus in Matthew 16:13 talks about the fact that "the gates of hell shall not PREVAIL against the church" He is building.
7a. Revelation 13:7 says the antichrist will"overcome" the saints during the trib period.
7b. Daniel 7:21 says the saints will be "PREVAILED" against.
7c. Romans 11:25 talks about blindness on Israel's part toward Christ until the "fulness of the gentiles be come in". Fulness here means
completion. Completion of the church.
It appears from these verses in #7 that not all saints will be in the church.
8. Matthew 24:22, Mark 13:20 Jesus tells us the days are shortened for the elect. We don't have as many days as the rest of the world because the
days are shortened(we are raptured out of time into eternity. There are no days in eternity.)
8a. Who are the elect? Colossians 3:12 tells us christians are the elect of God.
9. Revelation 3:6 tells us that God has made christians to be "kings and priests" unto Himself.
9a. Rev. ch. 2&3 talks about the churches.
9b. Rev. 4:1 has a door in heaven opened and a trumpet blast(see 1Corinthians 15:51-54 to see this trumpet blast is associated with the
9c. Rev 4:4 and 4:10 talks about 24 elders(they represent the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 apostles) jewish and gentile believers ie. the
9d. Rev. 5:8-10 tells us who the 24 elders are. They are people redeemed from every kindred tongue people and nation who were redeemed by the
blood of the "lamb"(Jesus). and they have been made kings and priests unto God. Look back at Rev. 3:6. kings and priests again. The kings and
priests(christians) of verse 3:6, talked about in CH. 2&3, raptured in verse 4:1 now seen in verses 4:4 and 4:10 and identified in verses 5:8-10.
9e. These elders are seen again in Rev. 5:14, 7:11, 7:13, 11:16, 14:3, 19:4, and every time they are in heaven. Then later in Rev. ch. 19
a door in heaven is opened and Christ returns with the "armies of heaven".
10. The Old Testament even foretells the rapture in Isaiah 26:20-21 and Isaiah 57:1.
11. Rev. 7:9-17 talks of an uncountable number who come out of "great tribulation". and Rev. 20:4 talks of some who were beheaded for the witness
of Jesus and did not take the mark of the beast. So there will be people who trust Christ in the tribulation period. But there is a difference now
is the time to accept Christ and miss the tribulation horrors.
There is plenty of evidence in the Bible for the pre-trib rapture. There are other verses but these are the ones off the top of my head. Anyone and
I mean ANYONE can become part of the church and miss the tribulation, but it needs to be done NOW. After that the tribulation comes and it may mean
death to be associated with Christ.