It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95%,oppose-dividing-jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

[04.08.2011] 95% Oppose Dividing Jerusalem A new poll of members of the governing Likud Party shows that 95% oppose the division of Jerusalem. We ask Barak Obama and Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice to respect the will of the people of the only functioning Democracy in the Middle East. Given the 95% number there is no debate as to where they stand. But in case there are questions, let us make these points. The Prime Minister of Israel does not have the political power to impose a division of Jerusalem (should he want to) when 95% of his people oppose it. The poll also showed that 78% of Likud voters oppose the creation of a Palestinian State.
...I,agree they shouldn't divide Jerusalem. That is GODS HOLY CITY.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yor right in the intersts of peace the city should become a UN mandate. That will make it a true international city open to all 3 major religions. Problem solved peace will ring eternal in the holy land yay.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite
I,agree they shouldn't divide Jerusalem. That is GODS HOLY CITY.

Disregarding whether you want to call it God's Holy City or just a city, our experience of dividing cities between conflicting ideologies (Berlin) or religions (Nicosia) is negative in all aspects. It is a mistake that has been made before and that we must learn from.

Originally posted by lokdog
Yor right in the intersts of peace the city should become a UN mandate. That will make it a true international city open to all 3 major religions. Problem solved peace will ring eternal in the holy land yay.

The city is open to all three religions today. It is presently guarded by the only democratic state in the region that has religious freedom in its Declaration of Independence. Dividing the city would of course end that.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

I agree with your post...
DO NOT DIVIDE JERUSALEM!

top topics

join