It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you stop eating fast food?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
Earlier today since I was out I purchased some Burger King. My, oh my the food is kicking me in the stomach now. Who knew three cheap hamburgers can hurt you this badly? Really, I'm done with the garbage. You have a better chance in buying scratch offs. Fast food and me have a love hate relationship that has gone sour! I need to divorce my ugly wife and find a new, healthier one!

Well the key is being able to cook better then you can get it! I ALWAYS try to out do the restaurants. I even made a McRib better than McDonalds........it was a big hit! So I definetly feel that knowing how to cook is key if you want to give up fast food! I love a good challenge!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can't even eat fast food anymore, unless i've been drinking all night.

That seems to be the only way my stomach can handle it. Probably because i've already numbed my stomach with beer so a little extra junk to avoid a hangover is fine.

One thing for sure though, if i eat McD sober... My gut b!tches... and i feel like crap afterwards.

I'd rather just eat real food.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If you think fruits taste good enough, you could try cutting down by eating that. When feeling like eating a burger eat an apple or coconut etc...
Maybe one of the sweeter tasting fruits would help. Then hopefully later after some time passes the urges would subside.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Go to the library...and check out some healthy cook books of some of your favorite foods....look through the books...mark your favorite recipes......make a grocery list....go to the store....bring the food home...and cook!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Here's what i do...I don't carry any momey, or any extra money.

Secondly, I eat for lunch what I had for breakfast... fix them both at same time. Egg sandwiches...or suasage and egg sandwiches.

Lastly, take the money you would spend on lunch...about 5 dollars and invest it. Really... For the price of a 5.00 lunch and a morning coffee every working day of a month...I bought 3 acres back in 1998...2 more years and it will be paid off. I have been carrying my lunch everysince.

Just think...5 bucks a day at on avg..22 working days a month equals 110 bucks...over 12 months equals 1320 dollarsa year...over 10 years is 13,200 dollars... and that doesn't include interest. Now take that same money each month and contribute it to a mutual fund...choose wisely...and probably double that to 26,000 bucks.

Not bad for brown baggin' it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

When I used to work full time I eat out often but now that I am home all the time I found new hobby - cooking! I no longer eat out ever because I can cook meals way better than any I could go out and buy. So how do you stop eating fast food? First do so research on how bad the stuff is for you - I can't even stand the idea of eating food someone else has cooked and gotten their germs all over! Next learn how to cook and you will see that home cooked beats fast food everytime!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Before you go to buy it just think how ill you will feel after it. Works for me.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
When I joined a martial art, I really started to eat healthier. The reason being, if I ate greasy food, and then went to my martial art class, I would feel sick, like I was going to throw up. You are what you eat. It's really true.

So maybe you should start doing sports. You'll feel healthier!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

I know it tastes good, and America has a way of making this garbage easily accessible by creating drive throughs, my question is way don't they make subway have drive throughs? And have more healthy fresh places with drive throughs.

The only way to stop eating fast food is if you have a goal of becoming thinner. Many people have that goal, but if they don't fail to see the reason behind the goal they will succeed. I have always cared about my figure, but I have not always eaten healthy. It tooks years of not succeeding my goal and the only thing that made me succeed is the pain of time going by, losing time. It frustrates me and the realization of that provides me to make those decisions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join