It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you stop eating fast food?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Earlier today since I was out I purchased some Burger King. My, oh my the food is kicking me in the stomach now. Who knew three cheap hamburgers can hurt you this badly? Really, I'm done with the garbage. You have a better chance in buying scratch offs. Fast food and me have a love hate relationship that has gone sour! I need to divorce my ugly wife and find a new, healthier one!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Growth hormones.
Aspartame.
Not 100% meat.
2.bp.blogspot.com...
Spit.

Just think about those things, then learn to cook.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Cheap pasta and homemade sandwiches when you're short on time - can't go wrong there.

And if you've got more time and a grill at home, you're set with meat, vegetables, potatoes, etc etc. Tastes better and is better for you than fast food by far
edit on 16-4-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The first step would be, dont buy it.
The next step would be learning how to cook your own recipes.

Look buy the ingredients in this thread and cook it, just my advice, time for detox.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
it's a shame that it's so easy and convenient

We need a healthy fast food place, and i'm not talkin tofu either

And don't say subway....cause i'm sure they aren't much better with the chemicals

There is so much crap in everything nowadays, and you have to be rich to eat organic etc.

They end up pulling me back in a few times a year, even though i know better....(mmmmm double cheeseburger)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
people in general need to stop being lazy....years ago people had to work for their meals by hunting and fishing or growing crops or even tending to their farms....nowadays people jump in their cars and drive 2 minutes down the road and run into 5 fast food joints in tha time..its pathetic how theres 10 fast food places in town and 2 grocery stores...people need to buy groceries to make meals and instead of driving down the road get off their butts and go to the kitchen and make something that they can actually enjoy...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

you can make healthy food that tastes better anyway fool lol try marinating some meat n veggies n grill em, fast food is garbage,i only eat it when its offered or no choice,i prefer a healthy diet,good luck on affording it lol

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

I can afford fast food. I have the greatest idea now. It is a secret since I want to make it come true. But it involves food and making money!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
How do stop eating fast food you say? thats easy, you stop buying it....Too a fast food junkie though it would be like quitting cigarettes.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Tell me about it! One of the major reasons I started buying fast food is that I hated my mother's cooking. To Southern for my taste. I never liked all that Souther food. Pig, fish, grease, and so forth. Ehhhh! I want a burger!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

lemme guess not fast food but great food served quickly lol

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Real people do not eat fast food..

we cook or steam veggies and try to eat healthy..

I do anyways...

I NEVER eat that crap..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

Well yes and no. I can cook which is a surprise to my friends who have learned nothing from cooking school. Cooking has always been a strong talent I had. Everyone has always like my cooking. I just have limited amount of things to cook.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

How do you cook or steam veggies? If the veggies are frozen I microwave them in water.
Thaws them out and I can put them on the side of the plate with some chicken.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

My sister used to be and maybe still is a McDonalds junkie. It makes me sick. So I try to keep my 2 daughters away from it as much as I can. The one thing I can say about my ex is she is a very good cook, Ive even learnt a few tricks along the way, to the point I enjoy cooking, and it must be perfect everytime lol. In your case, maybe you should try a few recipes and see how they come out. Everyone has to start somewhere, and the fast food is more or less a death sentence to your health.

Some of the tastiest food is the healthiest if you can put the right stuff together.

My favourite are homemade wraps, some lettuce, onion, curried egg, carrot, pineapple, and any meat. Tuna goes well.

enjoy

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

I'm not a big fan of eggs. But I can make desert wraps. I still remember the recipe from school. Yes, more then 10 years ago. I like to have a variety of different food when I eat at home. That is probably way I like meals at fast food joints.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

cooking is one of my strengths too,i can cook anything,learn it love it eat it s-h-i-t it lol

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I do not eat fast food anymore..but there is one exception.. In N Out is awesome! Too bad its in Cali =(

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Do you want to trade places? In and Out burger couldn't be any more cheap in my opinion. I still have nightmares from that place! DMV meets McDonald.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Haha I see what you mean about the DMV.. massive wait times.. in n out food tastes much better than McD's though. The best burgers I have had were always grilled on a bbq.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join