It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigger Than Three Mile Island - Covered Up for 45 years. LA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Why would we believe them now?

Flashback: A Nuclear Incident “Worse Than Three Mile Island,” Covered Up For Forty Five Years
The Intel Hub
If anyone still thinks we are being told the truth they are fooling themselves - they didn't tell the truth then 1959 so they're certainly not going to be open now.

"This is further proof that nuclear disasters and radiation releases have happened in America and have been covered up each and every time. This disaster that happened in 1959 was covered up for over forty five years!

Before the Fukushima nuclear disaster, this partial meltdown caused the third largest release of radioactive iodine in history, yet Boeing and our government openly covered up the scale of the disaster for decades.

“In 1959 a partial meltdown occurred at the Boeing-Rocketdyne nuclear testing facility, about 30 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. The incident released the third greatest amount of radioactive iodine in nuclear history. But no one really heard about it until Boeing recently settled a class-action suit filed by local residents,” reported Living On Earth in 2006

www.activistpost.com...

Imagine how many people would have developed cancer but denied the right to claim compensation for their families who are probably still struggling to survive without a breadwinner.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
but how is it possible to cover it up at a massive scale? surely this info could have been leaked

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

“In 1959 a partial meltdown occurred at the Boeing-Rocketdyne nuclear testing facility, about 30 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. The incident released the third greatest amount of radioactive iodine in nuclear history. But no one really heard about it until Boeing recently settled a class-action suit filed by local residents,” reported Living On Earth in 2006

I KNEW there had to be a good explanation for all those wacky people in California. Now i know. There are all Mutants!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
How many houses have been built on contaminated land. I think if I lived anywhere near this place I'd be checking it out.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Wow!

I was reading this Wiki article the other day:

Criticality incidents

They list 10 of them, and 3 of them are in 1958, but I don't see any in 1959 so maybe someone needs to update the Wiki with this information.

If you play with fire, don't be surprised if you get burned.

Isn't that how the saying goes?

Who knows how many more incidents happened we aren't aware of?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I guess it's the ones that we don't know about that we should worry about. It makes you wonder.

This one (or should I say these) in Japan they haven't been able to pretend never happened but they're sure lying about the impact they are having on our world.

I read somewhere (will take another look) just yesterday about a mass Salmon die off in the Pacific.

The News has gone very quiet!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I only heard about the Mayak incident not too long ago. Of course it is probably to be expected being that it was during the cold war. More than that though I think it points out how squirrely people in (any) government will get over this type of disaster.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
wow..that really sucks..

I grew up in Simi Valley in the 60's thru the 80's..

I remember listening to Rocketdyne fire up those big engines all the time..

I never heard of any nuclear anything up there on the hill..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Take a look also at the information on my other thread re Dr. Michio Kaku who tells it as it is. One of the few who does.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join