It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sperm Donor Has To Pay Child Support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Harrisburg, PA -- A state appeals court ruled that a verbal agreement between a woman and her sperm donor was invalid, and ordered the man to pay child support for the woman's twins.

The three-judge panel ruled Thursday that the deal between Joel McKiernan and Ivonne Ferguson � in which McKiernan donated his sperm and would not be obligated to pay any support � was unenforceable because of "legal, equitable and moral principles."

How long before the first woman sues a sperm bank to have the name of a father released? I thought the whole point of being a sperm donor was that you were anonymous...

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040724/ap_on_re_us/sperm_donor

What do you think about this?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think it's terrible. Donors should be anonymous and if they are good enough to allow someone to become a parent who couldn't become one naturally (be it for money maybe), they shouldn't have to pay child support.

This has been posted somewhere else before

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
>> Ferguson's lawyer, Elizabeth Hoffman, said there was never evidence of an agreement between the two

So, the succubus is now denying that there was an agreement? Somebody is lying here. Men, be warned. (unless he's lying then, ladies be warned, of course)

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
So, the succubus is now denying that there was an agreement? Somebody is lying here. Men, be warned. (unless he's lying then, ladies be warned, of course)

Why would the guy have lied? He got nothing out of this arrangement -- not even sex!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
... I thought the whole point of being a sperm donor was that you were anonymous...

I think you do remain anonymous but you can go in to one, just like a blood bank, and donate in someone's name. I'm pretty sure. I'm not 100% sure i've never been to one even though I want to. But i'm only 17 they may not let me. But you can walk in with a woman and be like my name is Bob and this is Sue I want to donate my sperm to her.
I think...but what do i know i'm just a kid

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
According to the article, these two people had a prior sexual realationship.

"According to the trial judge's opinion, Ferguson and McKiernan met while working together and had a two-year affair. The relationship waned by late 1993, when Ferguson convinced McKiernan to act as a sperm donor with no responsibility for any child born as a result, the opinion said".

(Can you imagine the dialog that took place? "Well, gee, the relationship isn't working out, and I don't want to spend my life with you, but would you keep schtupping me so I can get pregnant, then, I swear, I won't go after you for support".....)

The basis of this suit isn't weither they had an "agreement", this suit is really about is the well being of the children.

Both parents are financially responsible for the welfare of the children, the judge ruled correctly.

How can you be "annonymous" when you've been schtupping the same person, a co-worker, for two years?

This has nothing to do with a "sperm bank".

[edit on 27-7-2004 by mako0956]

new topics

top topics

join