It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Power Without Solar Cells: A Hidden Magnetic Effect of Light

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Have to give you props for posting this. I just came across this while catching up on the news at Fortean.com and it kind of got my attention when they stated that light isn't "supposed" to work this way and that is why it was overlooked for 100 years. Is there something different about how light is working or is there something different about how light is working in free space? One of the things that keeps popping up on my radar as I troll along the interweb is that the "2012" incident might be representative off a new "dimension" being created somewhere in the Universe. This new property of light might possibly be related in some way symptomatically? I don't know but it's strange it just "popped" all of a sudden when the world is struggling with finding new technology for energy, is this just another subtle hint that maybe we don't have to die out on this rinky-dink little planet? If we're just seeing this property of light, isn't it probable that some other entity has been aware of this property of light for hundreds, if not thousands of years, or alternatively, forever? This "new" property of light could be a huge game changer in the space industry as well as the energy industry. Ain't life grand! Ain't the Universe sometimes spooky?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

Hi cosomoskid, thanks for the reply.

It seems more to me that this property was well known but overlooked because it was believed to be to weak to offer any possible use. Here the researches in question have found an unexpected way to enhance this magnetic property possibly allowing it to be utilized for something yet to be determined although electrical generation certainly springs to mind.

I have an article here about the early universe having only one dimension and perhaps this could point to further dimensions unfolding in time as the universe continues to expand? beyond me really

Early Universe

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

In solar cells, the light goes into a material, gets absorbed and creates heat. Here, we expect to have a very low heat load. Instead of the light being absorbed, energy is stored in the magnetic moment. Intense magnetization can be induced by intense light and then it is ultimately capable of providing a capacitive power source

So, are they saying this could be an optical battery also?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GalacticJoe

You know I do think I read something about that, now I cant remember exactly where. It interests me because I have always thought much of our problem was storage not production I will see if I can find the reference I am thinking of... After rereading the source article I believe it was only that I was thinking of...
edit on 4/26/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join