It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when the radiation cloud comes..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If, or should I say, when the Fukushima plant (six reactors) finally do the worst and blow, creating a non stop flow of radioactive pollution that will sweep across the globe. What do we do ?

How do we get ready ?

I suggest duct tap and plastic for windows and doors.

A stockpile of food stuff.

Basic medicines, antibiotics, kits etc.

Bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and rubbing alcohol for sanitation.

Potassium iodine tablets.

Vitamin and protein nutrients.

Water stored in glass containers.

Lots of 5 gallon buckets with lids to safely store waste and human waste as well when the power goes out.

Useful weaponry.

What else do you think people should do ?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Some sushi imported from Japan its high in protein and can double as a light when power goes out

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The same thing they told us back in the '50s in grade school.....put your head between your legs and kiss your a@@ goodbye !!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well you could avoid the worst plumes when they come over I guess - IF you know they are there at the time. You can try to avoid hotspots IF you know where they are. Two big 'IF's
But hey let's hazard a guess here. Radioactivity will saturate the northern hermisphere at the very least. It will be a constant in your air, your water, your food. Most of it will remain for your lifetime AND some.
You can't hermetically seal yourself up with duct tape for the rest of your life. There are some dietary measures you can take (just google it) and one might be a little cautious about going out in the rain - then it's a lottery as to whether you are one of those who comes down with cancer etc some years down the line.
TPTB like to talk about 'normal background radiation'. Do you know what's in that? The results of years of weapons testing, wars and nuclear accidents. It's why the cancer rate is going up. Now we get a little (or a lot) more added to the mix. Not good.
www.idealist.ws...

edit on 16-4-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

A shortwave radio and a meaningful longwire antenna would be nice, too. The antenna is probably more important than having an expensive radio.

I have a Grundig radio and a crummy antenna and can hardly get anything. Need an antenna upgrade.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

If, or should I say, when the Fukushima plant (six reactors) finally do the worst and blow, creating a non stop flow of radioactive pollution that will sweep across the glob

The most important thing they could do is just ignore "advice" from people who make up silly stories

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

If, or should I say, when the Fukushima plant (six reactors) finally do the worst and blow, creating a non stop flow of radioactive pollution that will sweep across the glob

The most important thing they could do is just ignore "advice" from people who make up silly stories

Massive radiation release is anything but a silly story. Google "Chernobyl" for facts about the square-mileage of geography affected, wide-ranging effects and subsequent dead zones.

From my perspective, radiation from Fukishima is second on my prep list. It's an immediate and far-ranging threat. The first threat on my prep list is our completely out-of-control federal government. Is it possible for a government to go insane? I can't help but wonder if fedgov has contracted rabies?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
IMO we have already been exposed to a significant amount of radioactive particles. The problem is that the MSM and government didn't inform us. The bad news is that more will be on its way as it may take months to contain the plant in Japan. If the reactors blow which is likely, we will be getting a HUGE amount more.

I decided that it's pointless to lock myself up indoors or underground. Our food supply has already been contaminated. Now since the MSM and government hides vital info from us, I can't be sure to what extent....

1. I have given up dairy foods and big leafy greens.
2. I drink a couple of shots of wheatgrass juice everyday.
3. I keep water intake down to a minimum. Have replaced a few glasses with Italian beer at night.

4. If I do drink water, I send love and prayer to my water pitcher like experiments done by Masaru Emoto to energize and change water chemistry.
5. I take 3 Kyolic Garlic capsules every day.
6. I try not to go out in the rain. When I do, and if water droplets fall on me, I try to get into the shower as soon as possible.
7. I remove my shoes before entering my house.
8. I am ordering French Green Clay to use for extra detox.
9. I pray every day now.
10. I am trying to save up to buy emergency supplies of food and learning how to store it for long periods of time. I do believe food shortages are coming.
11. I don't eat any seafood!!!!

I hope that helps....
edit on 16-4-2011 by TETRA.X because: Added #11

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Let me 1st comment ..I AM NOT AN EXPERT yet alone very literate about this subject...but....

When and if there are "radioactive clouds" which would/are invisible, you may seal your house off for particulate matter...with some success.
But the problem arises "depending on concentration" of radiation, it will be in your water and food sources, unless you have a large enough lead bunker to store 2+ years "and thats being opptimistic" worth of food and water...theres not much else that can be done, presuming it comes in high levels...lower level rad can be dealt with, my family is from just east of Los Alamos from the 40's through the 70's radiation has very few barriers that can block it.
Many/most of them have cancer of some sort, and got a settlement from the gov't back in the 1990's for being directly in the tradewind path of the fallout....if someone would research that lawsuit/settlement/payment by the USA gov't many would be very suprised..how/far and wide spread the payouts went, and everyone knows the gov't...they only went to the very minimum boundry of radiated/damaged families.....not all of them got compensation!!!!
It was one of them programs that unless the victim knew about the gov't payoff, and specifically filed...otherwise, there are many 100's and thousands that just did not know about the compensation offered..it was not freely offered info...or on any local news at the time.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What to do?

Nothing at all. There is nothing that you can do if the cloud comes.

Radiation dust / particulates don't just simply come and go. They can settle and stay active for many years.

Just like Chernobyl, do you think half of Europe holed themselves up in houses with taped windows. The fallout in that case was extensive to say the least.

Live your life to the full and value every day as it comes. That's the best thing to do IMO

edit on 16-4-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Bravo Doc Holiday and Studio500!
Excellent responses!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Being in my old age I am thankful that I have lived a good life and am not worried about death.

My concern is for my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

If the worst happens in the nuclear plants in Japan it is my opinion that there is nothing you can do to help stop any damage the radiation may cause.

Unless you go to another planet you will be effected in some way. Even if you go underground you will run out of food eventually and the food above ground will be contaminated.

This situation in Japan has already changed the world as we know it.
We just haven't realized and/or admitted it yet.

Countries close to Japan are in a world of doo doo. That would include Russia and the Koreas also.

I am personally going to enjoy life to the fullest with the time I have left.

Not a doomsayer just a realist.

By the way, not one soul on this earth has now or ever has had a promise of tomorrow. We have now......make the most of it.

Love and peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Your post (and your character) is amazing. Your words give me calm.
Thank you... you are absolutely right. The fact that we have had a relative peaceful existence the past several decades, is rare. We forget that all throughout history we've had disasters after disaster, war after war, ice ages, food shortages, diseases...etc. etc.

This quote comes to mind:

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”
-Teilhard de Chardin

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
April 6th - 7th it came. Our cowardly Gov moved their radiation testers to Kamploops, semi desert interior.

vimeo.com...
Leuren Moret - Coverup - California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

edit on 16-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The only *real* thing you can do to avert the crisis is the following:

1) Buy/build a huge underground bunker with massive generators to survive for year[s] off of
2) Bring down life (ex: chickens to procreate)
3) Have bulbs that simulate the sun/give off rays of light essential to living (and stockpile millions of them)
4) Build this base somewhere in the southern hemisphere where radiation hopefully will be the least
5) Buy a million oxygen tanks
6) Move everything that you will need to live down there
7) Have a door that you can seal shut... should be a blast door or something huge and it can be covered up also so no one can find you
8) You now live in a super undercover base with no connection to the outside world, so no radioactive isotopes can get in. You have water [hopefully], a source of light, food...etc, and hopefully a bike that can charge your generators when you exercise.

So, in reality there's nothing you can do.
Welcome to the game

edit on 4/16/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
what to do:

1 wait for fema to come save you
2. find your nearest bank and jump in its vault
3. grab some things and jump in your car in a panic which is what alot of people will be doing at the same time and you'll end up sitting in a traffic jam.
4, duct tape and plastic which is what everyone is told to do in case of a dirty bomb attack or chem bio attack.
but dont forget the cbrn air filtration unit or you will suffocate.
5. if your rich build a fallout shelter.
6. duck and cover and pray for a change in winds.

since radiation is colorless odorless and invisible like someone said you will never know its headed your way until its too late.

really unless you have radiation detection equipment and a fallout shelter your chances of survival are pretty non existent.

by the time it makes it to tv and radio you already taken a lethal dose.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

my thoughts exactly.. unless you are Richard Branson you're screwed!!!

is it any wonder the govt which is ran by the industries which Profit and Benefit from the effects of things like radiation haven't stopped it yet?

big pharma is celebrating with glee over the fact that this nuke disaster is gonna at least quadruple profits in the next 10-20 years..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Whatever you do, be really careful with the duct tape and plastic thing; suffocation is a real risk then.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

What to do when the radiation cloud comes..,

Get my radiationbrella for the radiationrain, and break out the lead galoshes.

I'll do what nearly everyone else will be doing... Going on obliviously because I can't see said "radiation cloud", (and they sure won't warn us), and then struggle briefly for survival when it becomes obvious (yes, this will probably involve duct tape, because duct tape and survival seem to be inexplicably linked somehow... but I digress...), and then most likely die.

Lotta doom-mongering going on today. More than usual. At any rate...

Nobody gets outta this life alive... All bleeding stops eventually.... etc...
edit on 17-4-2011 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Does anyone have any information on groundwater and radiation? From what I understand of natural springs the water that comes out of it today could be hundreds of years old. Does anyone know if natural spring water will be tainted with radio-active isotopes from supposed fall out from Japan? I am having trouble A) finding information and B) Understanding the information I come across. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join