It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS isn't about truth anymore...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
hahaha...well said. I don't think I like the generalization that we are ALL close minded sheeple though. If someone gives me enough evidence to the contrary I would be willing to look at it. That being said, if it something that I have researched and come to my own conclusion rather than listening to someone else, I readily admit someone would be hard pressed to convince me otherwise...sometimes gov't documents are just as bad as Sorcha Faal.

I agree.. I need evidence for me to accept an extraordinary claim .. and when I ask for evidence, or I provide a more plausible solution for something I'm accused of being close minded or spreading disinformation.. no, sorry, I just choose not to believe the most extreme answer without some serious evidence to support it.. the thread posted about a silver orb for example.. a lot of people are going to want to see a ufo in that video and therefore will .. even though the most likely answer is that it's simple silver balloon let go over an amusement park..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think too many people need absolute proof to be swayed from what they believe already. How can forums on the internet give you absolute proof? Videos, pictures, when soo many of them can be fake, its hard for someone to change your mind over the internet. But by the same thinking a lot of people hope for things like UFO's, etc when most of the population haven't seen them. I come on here to get different views from my own. A lot of things I don't have a view on so I make my own from all the information I read and peoples views I read. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more Chadwickus star and flag!

I have been coming here less and less recently, and I found myself drawn into yet another argument about religious intolerance yesterday, only to find out I was arguing with some kid.

I think it definitely put things in perspective for me and I certainly don't want to spend my free time arguing with folks, and especially not children (BTW I wonder do their parents know they are writing about online?).

I think most threads about sensitive topics inevitably descend into garbage, equivalent of YouTube's comment section. Therefore perfect examples of futility which only serves to cause great fatigue to anyone else taking part in the thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I miss the times when the trolls would actually put some time and effort into their posts. Sure it was still BS but at least it showed their commitment to the job at hand. Creating well thought out threads with dubious links and unrelated pictures. It was fun.
They desreved the attention they got for nothing else than the effort they put in. And they absolutely deserved to have shreds torn out of their convoluted arguments until they left in a hissy fit.
What I would give to have them back and show these noobs how to troll properly.

Moral of the story, BS mentalists need to up their game.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Because I think most of us ( not me ) has been treated by TV. on TV we can see that how some body is playing to look like the only smart and all knowing man.

it is only one view point of mine.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

I should hope that many of the "Old Guard" would stick it out. We've lost too many from both sides of every coin.

For honest and true debate, one needs a Friedman as well as a Sagan.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thank You OP! Respect Brotha!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You seem disappointed that your views are not the majority. You have decided certain articles are not worthy of stars and are upset to see others interested.
I myself star and flag those stories I have an interest in.
I do not necessarily believe them but I do wish to see continued discussion on the subject even if it involves speculation !!! Insanity? Yes, I know but I am one of those madmen who actually enjoys being introduced to new ideas even if I disagree with them. I know, there is no hope for me.
So you are leaving us?
Deep sigh
We will try to struggle along without you. It will be difficult, I admit, but I'm guessing most will make the attempt. Wish us luck

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Your time here is limited sir. Look at all the intelligent folks who have come to the same conclusion as you over and over again.....where have they gone? Many left, many were banned, and yet many more were "ghost banned" (a truly coward method aimed to hide the fact that they banned someone so there is no backlash).

But, sir, you need to remember something. This website, this place we all visit so often is a business, plain and simple. It makes money of a majority of a certain type of customer, and that customer doesn't happen to be someone who thinks logically. Go to any board that talks about these subjects like educated adults and you will see they are dead, only a few posts a day. No way to run a business if profit is your goal.

I don't fault the owners here at trying to run a profitable business, I fault those that don't understand that basic concept and think this place is some sort bastion of free speech.

The only gripe I have, is that there are real conspiracies, and they are easier to hide thanks to the ignorance that the internet has developed. While I defend to my death the right for the owners here to make a buck, it doesn't mean I have to like the damage that sites like this due to the truth.

If anything, ATS is making people more ignorant. If anyone can't understand how and why I say that.....guess what.....yup.....I went there.......

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

not you too.

i've seen a lot of the old guard turn cynical and it really bothers me. especially when it seems that they are allowing themselves to be trolled by kids.

soon there will only be bleating idiots and disinfo agents left here at this rate.

oh well i'll give it the old college try:

Dammit man snap out of it!!!
instead of she-dogging about threads,
show us how its done!!!!

and start by changing that horrid avy, the one you were using after the weapon x [wolverine] one was more you IMO.

you are allowing the overlords of entropy free reign here.
that is not denying ignorance, but validating it, by default.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join