It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite genres of music?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Everyone I know likes either rock music or hip hop. This is not a debate or a contest. I'm interested in seeing what music do you like the best? What songs make you sing along or you enjoy to dance to? Post multiple genres if you love music!
Opera
Opera Wikipedia

Opera is an art form in which singers and musicians perform a dramatic work combining text (called a libretto) and musical score. Opera is part of the Western classical music tradition. Opera incorporates many of the elements of spoken theatre, such as acting, scenery, and costumes and sometimes includes dance. The performance is typically given in an opera house, accompanied by an orchestra or smaller musical ensemble.

String QuartetSQ Wiki

A string quartet is a musical ensemble of four string players — usually two violin players, a violist and a cellist — or a piece written to be performed by such a group. The string quartet is one of the most prominent chamber ensembles in classical music. The string quartet is widely seen as one of the most important forms in chamber music, with most major composers, from the late 18th century onwards, writing string quartets.

edit on 15-4-2011 by FeraVerto because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by FeraVerto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
bagpipe music....i dont know what genre they falls under but whatever it is would be my favorite

edit on 15-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I enjoy all kinds of music, but mainly Indie Rock, and a lot of the "hippie" rock from the 60's, because 99% of the crap you hear on the radio and see on MTV is complete garbage. BTW, really digging those string examples above. Beautiful.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Blues...

Reggie.. (just started listening to it yesterday)

I could post for days on the subject, really. Always looking for new music, though.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I live for music. I like a lot of stuff that defies genre such as: VAST, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Puscifer, etc.

My favorite genres have to be rock, punk, metal and industrial.. but I like a little bit of everything essentially.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Man, have I been waiting for THIS thread. Thanx

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH Why can't I embed????

edit on 15-4-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: I can't figure out how to embed

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Diggin' the tracks you posted.

Uh... after clicking share on youtube, you come across something like this... yout.ube/dlagjodad. Just copy everything after "/" that. lol Paste that and post it.

I'm not good at explaining things, sorry, hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Vast - Touched

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I like just about all kinds, from classical... opera, to some extreme metal.

Melodic Death Metal:

JPop (this one almost makes me cry when I think about what's happening in Japan):

Progressive Metal:

HipHop w/ some Funk (I'll admit I only like a few hip hop songs, definitely not the typical kinds you see all over TV):

Electronica:

Classical:

Yup.
Not too surprising that I like nearly all music (although I have preferences and dislikes, even contempt for some), because I listen to the stuff 24/7.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
oops, double post
edit on 15/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: dbl

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i have a soft spot for this bulgarian wedding music, these guys are completely insane and will probably just confuse most people, some pretty out there stuff

Ivo Papazov & his wedding band

www.youtube.com...

also i like black metal

Nokturnal Mortum

www.youtube.com...

and the avant garde

Arcturus

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I love Metal,almost every subgenre of it.But i also listen to rock,rock 'n' roll,swing,country and classic music.
I can't imagine my life without music.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I guess you would call mine " electronic rock". I don't know I hate labels especially considering I listen to everything from Little Richard and the Beach Boys to Slayer and Chthonic and just about everything in between. My main stuff though would be bands such as Blaqk Audio, Innerpartysystem, Shiny toy guns, The Faint, She wants Revenge, Phantogram and the sorts.

Trowa

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I like lots, but I guess Classic Rock is my favorite. My top two favorite bands are ACDC and Van Halen. I also like Bluegrass and Country and vintage country like Hank Williams, Sr. and Loretta Lynn.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm into goth, post/punk, industrial, anything darkwave.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A wide variety

Old school rap (Geto Boys, Rakim)
Indie (Artctic monkeys, Cornershop)
Ambient (Alexander Brandon)
Experimental (Animal collective, MGMT)
Disco (Van McCoy, Barry White)
Synth/Electro ( Depeche mode, Pet shop boys)

I like 90's music better than any other era.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
I guess you would call mine " electronic rock". I don't know I hate labels especially considering I listen to everything from Little Richard and the Beach Boys to Slayer and Chthonic and just about everything in between. My main stuff though would be bands such as Blaqk Audio, Innerpartysystem, Shiny toy guns, The Faint, She wants Revenge, Phantogram and the sorts.

Trowa

Good bands, especially Pendulum and Blaqk Audio! The first time I heard Immersion by Pendulum I was blown away.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If this works, Amerikaz 3 gets a star.

width="960" height="750"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/dDLiVwpv89s?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="750" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
edit on 8-5-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well my favorite genre is metal (death/thrash) also grindcore/goregrind/deathgrind. But aside from that I love jazz and some electronic music.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
TRANCE!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join