It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC films man killing himself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Source

Although it could be s sensitive subject for most I do believe that if people are of sane mind and suffering terribly they should have a choice to end their own life.

BBC accused of being 'cheerleader for assisted suicide' after filming man killing himself in Terry Pratchett documentary

Sir Terry Pratchett, presents the documentary detailing a man's visit to the Swiss clinic where he is filmed taking a cocktail of drugs which end's his life.

The doc isn't to be shown until the summer but there is a lot of media attention about it over here, until I see it I'm not sure.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I really don't know people even bother to complain about stuff like this, we'r not forced to watch the documentary so if you don't like the suject then don't watch it, don't bitch and complain about it so nobody can watch it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Got one thing to say on this and its the only time ill ever even type about this topic that I know will become a big huge stinking annoyance for a good while before it becomes law.

Turn your tv off and then you will see the insanity before you instead of being a part of it.

edit on 15-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Im a conspiracy theorist. If the MSM suddenly becomes sympathetic to the whole idea of assisted suicide, I personally am going to suspect that governments are starting to realize that people dying is a good thing for their budgets.

Im just saying.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If the person who committed suicide gave permission for his death to be filmed and made public, I don't see any problem. If you don't want to watch it (I sure wouldn't watch it, even though I love Terry Pratchett's work) then nobody will force you to do so. If the deceased did not give permission, then it is a serious problem and the film should be destroyed, out of respect for the deceased. Basically, whatever that person wanted, is what should be done.

join