It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Allies Raise Ante on Ouster of Gadhafi .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Not sure that this is the correct forum, but IMO we are witnessing the opening salvos of WW III so I will place it here.

The leaders of the U.S., France and the U.K. said the North Atlantic Treaty Organization must continue operations in Libya until Col. Moammar Gadhafi leaves power, raising the stakes in the showdown with the Libyan ruler.

online.wsj.com...

So, the truth is finally revealed and as it turns out, contradicting all prior statements, this really is about regime change. Or is it.

Libya: Nato appeals for more planes

Nato Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has told a foreign ministers' summit the alliance needs "a few more" aircraft for its mission in Libya.

Mr Rasmussen said he had received no offers from any ally at the meeting in Berlin to supply the extra warplanes, but he remained hopeful.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So, as it turns out, NATO is "short on warplanes" and unable to offer as much support to the rebels as they had initially planned. NATO is short of warplanes? Even if other NATO allies don't want to step up to the plate, do they truly expect us to believe that the U.S., Britain, and France don't have the available hardware to beat back the Libyan military. And then we have this:

U.S., allies see Libyan rebels in hopeless disarray

U.S. and allied intelligence agencies believe NATO's no-fly zone and air strikes will be effective in stopping Muammar Gaddafi's forces from killing civilians and dislodging rebels from strongholds like Benghazi, the officials say.

But the more the intelligence agencies learn about rebel forces, the more they appear to be hopelessly disorganized and incapable of coalescing in the foreseeable future.

U.S. government experts believe the state of the opposition is so grave that it could take years to organize, arm and train them into a fighting force strong enough to drive Gaddafi from power and set up a working government.

www.reuters.com...

Now, I'm no genius, but I find it a little odd that these rebels are suddenly in a state of "disarray". Given this and the fact that NATO claims that they are somehow short of warplanes, sounds to me like the allies are playing both sides to the middle, in essence allowing Gadhafi's forces to defeat the rebels.

IMO, it is all nothing more than NATO laying the groundwork for the announcement that in order for Gadhafi to be removed from power, ground forces will have to be used.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Agreed.....Ground pounders will be on the way shortly imho.
This" revolution" was shakey right from the start.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I have posted in other threads that I felt this would be a full-blown war within 90 days. The "end of combat operations" in Iraq was nothing more than a way of saying it's time to regroup for the next front. Seems we won't be satisfied until we have secured the resources of all of these nations.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
America will be broke in 90 day, Rome Falls

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Dear NATO, TPTB, the NWO, the UN or whatever your name is, GO HOME! Leave Libya and the rest of the world alone, your lies, greed, death and destruction is really redundant.

top topics

join