It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs on this Day.....a great 'click on' calendar with 100s of cases...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is a great idea and I have had heaps of fun checking out special dates on this calendar and reading about all the UFO/Alien sightings reported from early 1900's onwards.
Has sent me a googlin' many times too as most I have read I have never heard of!

So this is some light stuff after a lot of the heavier kind we are seeing here lately. Something to put in your favourites and look at now and again maybe?

UFOs on this Day

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Wow. That makes a lot of reading and possible research!

Some cases are really old! It will be interesting to see what will come out of them. It will be helpful, thanks!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Annella, many thanks for sharing the link and there's certainly a lot of very intriguing sightings listed on there -glad to see the Portage County incident was included -that's a freaky UFO case if ever there was one.

April 17th:

1966 - Police officer Dale Spaur and three other officers chased a 40-foot diameter glowing disc or football shaped object from Ravenna, Ohio to Atwater, Pennsylvania in the pre-dawn hours of this morning. The UFO played cat-and-mouse with them in the pursuit: approaching, waiting for them to catch up, then moving away. It beamed an intense light onto the road. It was last seen shooting straight up into the sky and out of sight. At about the same time and in roughly the same vicinity, a man named George Buchert took a photograph of a double-saucer shaped object in Mantua, Ohio.

(Sources: J. Allen Hynek, UNICAT, case # 383; J. Allen Hynek, The UFO Experience, p. 100; Richard H. Hall, The UFO Evidence Volume II: A Thirty Year Report, pp. 172 & 320; Columbus Dispatch, April 19, 1966).

Thread

Also, I would imagine you've seen them already but for those that haven't, the 'NICAP Chronologies' are well worth a look and also cover some very bizarre and unexplained UFO incidents.

Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I haven't gotten to April 17th yet...lol...man this is gonna be a looooong trip as I cant help myself googling the interesting cases! I sure will check that case out over the weekend though.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
At first I thought this was a cool sight but then I went into the "UFO Hot Spots for North America" Link. On this there are quite a few hot spots in Illinois. Being from Illinois I was curious as I do not hear alot about sightings in the state. Upon closer inspection there were a good number in Southern Illinois and that I happened to know well because they were about 20-30 minutes away from me. As I was looking into these "Hot Spots" in my area I noticed that the populations were not close to being correct.

Example: Beckemeyer, Illinois in Clinton County
UFO Reports- 50
UFO reports / 100,000 pop.- 147.3
Close Encounters- 10
CE reports per 100,000 pop.- 29.5
Population- 33,944

The truth is that Beckemeyer has a population of around 1,043. So if only the population is incorrect that means out of 1,000 people 50 have seen UFOs and 10 have had close encounters. I can drive to Beckemeyer in about 15-20 minutes and know some people that live over in that area and I have never heard of anyone having any type of sightings. Plus I would think that I would of seen or heard of something as I live really close to some of these "Hot Spots". I'm not saying that this stuff is totally bogus but I think all of the stuff about Illinois is incorrect as they have the populations for some of the places wrong.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

Yea I have looked into a few 'high ratio' towns like that on websites such as topix.com and facebook to see if anyone is talking on the web, I have never seen anyone talking about it online in any particular town. My best guess is its just a group of people or one person in that town hoaxing for fun.

Would be interesting to maybe find something like this and then some long conversations on the internet about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

My whole thing is if you were going to make a chart and everything wouldn't you maybe want to look into sightings reported to MUFON insted of using this UFOCAT database. It just seems like it would be more credible. this sight is a great idea I just don't think it is very well put together.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

MUFON is used as a source in many of the cases I looked at, and it seems there are a huge variety of other sources. Good rainy day stuff like today! Now all I need is to get my laptop fixed and I can stay in bed and read read read.

new topics

top topics

join