It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current radiation levels in New York State??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Does anyone have this info or know how to obtain readings? I searched the internet and everything I found was close to a month old and it was trace amounts. I live in upstate NY and I'm concerned due to the reactor still leaking, the government isn't telling us anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Hi Jeremiah,

I am currently in CNY. There are a couple sites for this but I would trust anything I'm told these days. I wish I had my own counter. Here are the sites.

www.radiationnetwork.com...
www.blackcatsystems.com...

Remember there is all-ways background radiation in our environment. Also I have not noticed any appreciable spikes.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Good question, S and F,
But I think the better question is what are the levels in California.
We are gonna be using a Geiger counter in my physics class in a week or two. I'll check what the levels are then. I live in the Midwest btw. I don't really wanna see what the levels are at if another big one hits. I think it's gonna happen tho. I read in the news today that they're expecting aftershocks for the next 5 years. I kid you not. It was either the USA today or NY times. I read them both today, usually its just one or the other.

Geiger counters are only like 20 bucks.
You're probably safe in NY though. It still wouldn't hurt to have a counter around though. Ya never know.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rreeves5

Thanks for those links, I checked them out and it seems to be okay for now if it can be trusted.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

No Problem, keep watching the levels

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rreeves5

Thanks for the links.

Maybe the two sites are calibrating their readers differently, and that may be why the numbers don't jive from one site to the next?

One says 18 where I am in Oregon. The other says 13.
Both of these numbers are higher than the ones in Japan; according to the data collected upon refreshing the page(s).

Tom Bodett might leave the lights on for ya...While the boogerment will pee down your leg and tell you its raining.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

If they can't fix this thing then I'm definitely going to buy one, I mean a constant release of radiation into the ocean and atmosphere can't be good for anyone no matter where you're living.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I've been using this site to track it
www.woweather.com...
It kinda looks pretty, and I don't know exactly what the levels mean, but that blue layer that just hit California can't be good.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I used a Geiger counter last year. Baseline was like 2-5 if I remember correctly.
Thinking about it more, it was probably only 1-3.
It's gonna be different in different places though. And I'm in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5

Hi Jeremiah,

I am currently in CNY. There are a couple sites for this but I would trust anything I'm told these days. I wish I had my own counter. Here are the sites.

www.blackcatsystems.com...

Remember there is all-ways background radiation in our environment. Also I have not noticed any appreciable spikes.

That first link is BS. Click on the japan link and look at the readings.
Who knows, maybe it is correct?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

blackcat

Are your friends panicked by media coverage of the event? Share this page so they can see things are currently normal. You can scroll and zoom around the map.

How is a reading that is four times above normal considered normal?

This BS is unconscionable.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Did I hear correctly today that yet another reactor in Japan is having problems now??

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Levels seem to vary even in close areas, but findings are consistent all over the US, some being higher on the East Coast.
Twos sites where findings have been posted:
www.epa.gov...

&

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Nice find, thank you for that, the EPA link has my location right on it

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Of course you know that you absorb more radiation walking out to your mailbox in the sun than you will get from anything over in Japan don't you. Of course you do. I'm sure you just want to measure this as part of a school project or something hehe

top topics

join