It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Things The Rich Don't Want You To Know About Taxes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Agreed.

Maybe it would help your point if you weren't so snide, however.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Everyone should be rich by this definition. We should enable more people to become rich. I submit to you that the current corprate rulership of America is not enabling that.

That's what I'm sayin!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Yet the guy who invented the Super Soaker squirt gun is worth tens of millions of dollars for inventing, marketing, and selling his idea.

The guy who invented the Pet Rock became a millionaire 6 months after selling his first rock.

Think about that. The guy became a millionaire many times over by selling people a stupid rock.

Thats called ingenuity.

Later this year I will be launching a new line of hot sauces. Only I know the recipe. If it fails, oh well lesson learned. It's not a full time gig, but simply a hobby that will hopefully turn profitable since my idea is somewhat unique. Point is countless people venture out for themselves every year without the fear of a big bad corporation stealing their idea.
edit on 14-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

The point the other guy was making is that, most that do venture out fail. They don't fail because they provided a lackluster product/service/support, but that they indeed fail for not obtaining market awareness.

If you don't know a product exists, how can you buy it?

This takes us back to the sliced bread argument. See, Had he had the money for "marketing" and "brand awareness" he wouldn't have failed. This is evident by the amount of sliced bread sitting on shelves right now. Have you ever seen that business show called "Sharks"? If you have, you'd notice the trend goes like this...

Person A comes up with a great idea, realizes he needs lots of money to raise product awareness, seeks investor.

Person A ---> Great Idea ---> No Product Awareness ---> Seek funds for marketing campaign to raise awareness

This leads us to the next phase of the flow chart.

Potential Investors.

The problem is the people with the money, want all the product. Watch sharks, 99% of the "Sharks" which they so call themselves, wish to own 51% of the business including 100% of the patent. So in other words, they say, we will make you "rich" but we will make more money than you, off of your idea.

So this is your flow chart.

PA ---> GI ---> No PI ---> Need Marketing ---> Need Investors to foot the bill to obtain product awareness ---> Find investor that steals your products and fist rapes your wallet for his own personal gain...

Granted, some people get lucky and pioneer, but most fall victim to this scheme of corpratocracy.......

This is the point you miss.

The world isn't as black and white as

"Make a great Idea, Bring it to Market, Profit."

This just ins't how it works.

In reality, most products that succeed were invented by people who could pay for it themselves already, or B, sold out to a corporation that is just going to virtually "pimp" their product.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Sharks is one of the very few TV shows I watch, its awesome to see the process at work.

With the internet available to just about everybody, achieving market awareness has never been easier. There is no need to spend tons of money on advertising if you know how to market online properly.

People don't need money ONLY for marketing, they also need the manufacturing and distribution capabilities large companies can provide.

lets use myself as an example for hypothetical purposes:

I make a hot sauce that becomes wildly popular nationwide. Walmart decides they want to order 100,000 bottles for their shelves. Being that I can't produce nor distribute 100,000 bottles, I am left with 3 choices:

a) Sell a portion of the company to an investor with the ability to provide the services I need. That in turn, would make me wealthy and it would also provide the investor with a very healthy return.

b) Work out a deal with Walmart for an upfront deposit for use in obtaining what I need in order to fulfill the order (not likely at all)

or c) Tell Walmart I can't provide what they want, and thanks but no thanks.

Obviously option A is the best choice, both personally and business wise. It would make me wealthy personally, and also make the business a success.

The problem is people let pride and emotion get in the way of their business decision. Take for example the Sharks episode where the quasi gay guy had the edible, organic odor remover. The fact he couldnt stand to not be involved got in the way of earning him a very nice chunk of change for his efforts. (If I remember correctly, it was $150,000 cash plus a 7% royalty with the only condition was that he was immediately fired since he was a horrible salesman with a great product)

If someone offered me 150k plus a 7% royalty with the only condition being that I was no longer involved, I would grab that check and run before they changed their minds.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

There are between 70 and 80 thousand pages of tax codes.

And not one of them states that it is law that the US citizens have to pay taxes...aint that a bitch?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join