posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:45 PM
I just started making my own dog food for my dachshund. After researching online I came up with this recipe:
1. 30 ziploc bags - fold the tops inside-out and you can set them all in rows like bowls
2. 1 bag of chicken breasts - thawed and either boiled in water for 15mins. or slightly broiled - cut into small pieces
3. 1 bag of frozen spinach - helps provide calcium
4. 1 bag of frozen broccoli
5. 1 bag of frozen carrots
6. 1 large can of pumpkin puree -NOT the ones labeled "filling"
7. 6 sweet potatoes (optional) - softened in microwave
For my 25lb. dachshund I only fill 1/4 of the ziploc bag with 1/3 meat & 2/3 veggies. Adjust your portion sizes to accommodate your dog's size.
Roll up each baggie, getting as much air out as you can, and zip closed. Place the ready-to-go meals in your freezer and simply thaw for 35 sec.
(depending on your microwave AND please make sure it's not hot!) and serve.
For snacks or treats I use baby carrots or frozen blueberries.
2X a week he gets a small can of sardines or an egg (yolk raw and whites nuked- serve whites warm or cold) instead of his pre-made meals for
edit on 27/1/13 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)