It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junk DNA = possibility of Ascension?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ok, I can't remember where I heard the theory, I heard that on the alignment with the center of the galaxy; the radiation or energy radiating from the center would activate our junk DNA and cause us to have more active DNA sequences I guess and cause us to evolve into higher beings?

so this theory was fun and I hope evolution happens on a broad scale in such a way because we would be able to see it right before our eyes.... so I was watching nat geo... and on the show it was talking about how viruses get integrated into our DNA and on the rare occasion the changes are passed on from mother to child....

When viruses attach themselves to our DNA they cause "side effects" such as eye color or what ever other trait they might change... The new DNA is then forever passed on from generation to generation... new viruses shut down older retro viruses in a continuos battle for dominating the sequence....

.... so this scientist in france saw that junk DNA was nothing more than dormant retro viruses that could also be reactivated under the right conditions....?

So MY question is this... can radiation from the center of the galaxy, or if there even is a bunch of energy coming at us during that alignment... . could that energy cause viruses to reactivate and mutate or DNA once again to our next evolutionary step?

I couldn't find the nat geo article but I found this article for credibility

reuters

and this link to explain more in depth
dailygalaxy

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
We will forever change after 2012 as we align with the galactic center, an infinite source of energy. Our junk DNA as they say will be awakened and we will achieve full power. Practice now to enjoy later. You will find inner energy is stronger than human strength in muscles.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ReaPErofSIN

what do you mean practice now? like meditating and stuff? for some reason it gives me anxiety before i start... once i start i'm good but it's the getting started... i dont know why? maybe fear? not really sure

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

I don't see how or why we would have "junk dna"
I bet if you took this "junk" dna out of a person they would cease to live.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterl1fe

yeah apparently some of these junk DNA still produce proteins... they call them "junk" because they are simply dormant or they said more like "fossilized" viruses with a change of reactivation

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The only reason I can think of would be if aliens 'neutered' us thousands of years ago, but yeah, good luck proving that.. speculation is all we've got.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I think the attitude of the mainstream scientists is that if they can't find its purpose then it has no purpose and therefore it is just junk, despite the fact that ninety-something percent of our DNA is supposed "junk".

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Generally, radiation produces ions that punch holes in our DNA at a molecular level. Mostly, we recover because life is like that but sometimes the damage is permanent. We tend to call this cancer or apoptosis (cell death).

Some radiation that alters our DNA in the same way for most people in a positive way, is like expecting an atomic bomb blast to construct a fully functional high rise apartment block with air-conditioning.

Unpossible!

... and they just call it junk DNA because they don't know what it is there for (most of it is leftovers from the attempts of virii to rewrite such a heavily encrypted, autocorrecting & safeguarded code base. The virii aren't fully successful and the preservation systems of our biology won't throw it away because they have no way of knowing if it is "ours" or foreign. This doesn't imply that it is viable as genetic trait code).

edit on 14/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
totally imposiable, for starters the only thing escaping from the center of our glaixy is some light (mainly infared) because everything else is being sucked into a black hole. yes we are bombarded by background radation everyday (maybe more these days because of japan leaking more!!) but it is not harmfull and will not change us in anyway and if you do believe that there is lots of radation wating to hit us in 2012 from the center of the galixy then were would it come from?? and as for the galixy haveing a infinite source of energy yes kinda true but its all going into the black hole, simple phisics people

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

according to that scientist the junk DNA's already served its purpose by helping the DNA mutate and could also be reactivated under different situations such as environmental changes and possibly cause another mutation
... so your saying that they have another purpose that we are not aware of? he does admit some of the junk DNA is still producing protein and he does not know why....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by djpigz

I think that it's suppose to come from the center of the galaxy.... I'm not sure what their explanation or the "science" behind their reasoning.... it just seems like today there is just so much information to sift through... and information is tweaked, manipulated, or a flat out lie.... this was just the first article that i found on this subject with some real science behind it, that showed the junk DNA could be reactivated...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

mainstream media loves our paradigm and pick and choose where to go next.... our paradigm is like the technological progress chart on that game civilization and the media is just kicking us along one branch... is that a stretch? haha

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Hello,

When one ascends he aligns himself with the truth. When one is aligned with the truth he is able to consciously co-create his life experience in each and every moment. He is able to choose (in each moment) from the pool of infinite possibility that exists within each and every single one of us.

Currently most of us are karma bound. Which means that we are unconsciously co-creating our life experience. We are actually even worse off than that; we are unaware that we are unconsciously co-creating our life experience, which means that we are moving throughout our life experience in a very (very) blind way.

So consider this: from the moment you wake up til the moment you go to sleep you are choosing what you are creating as your life experience. But because we are karma bound (operating from the perspective of the fragmented self) we are directed by the illusion of duality, attachment, separation. We repeat the same patterns or possibilities over and over and over again. So we are not really choosing our life experience, because we are so "blind", it is more like we are being directed by the illusion of these patterns (of the ego).

so... forget meditation.. Work on breaking down these patterns or illusions that drive, motivate and influence our lives. The patterns of good/ bad, right/wrong, better/worse, have/have not.

I have been going through the ascension process since 1999. It has been one helluva ride. And although I haven't yet reached what is on the other side I have had glimpses of it and I can tell you that it is absolutely amazing.

You can check out my journey here if you'd like. I have been able to write every single thing that I have come to experience, see, feel and come to know down.

Absolutely amazing times that we are living in.

www.theheartfeltself.com

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Here is a link to "humans are free" about changing dna.

/johta

humansarefree.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by djpigz
totally imposiable, for starters the only thing escaping from the center of our glaixy is some light (mainly infared) because everything else is being sucked into a black hole. yes we are bombarded by background radation everyday (maybe more these days because of japan leaking more!!) but it is not harmfull and will not change us in anyway and if you do believe that there is lots of radation wating to hit us in 2012 from the center of the galixy then were would it come from?? and as for the galixy haveing a infinite source of energy yes kinda true but its all going into the black hole, simple phisics people

Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree,

In countless Astronomy books, it has diagrams about the different types of radiation coming out of the center of the Milky Way. It's mostly Gamma rays, and the band were approaching has the highest concentration of Gamma Rays anywhere in the galaxy.

Here is a picture of Gamma Rays in the Milky Way

Our galaxy has a galactic plane, which our system wobbles on. Imagine looking at the Galaxy from the angle shown above. Our solar system weaves up and down, and passes through the band of Gamma waves every 5,000- 6,000 years. This would explain why our whole solar system is going through a 'Global Warming' type effect.

As far as radiation changing our DNA/Consciousness, I don't know. I sure hope it does.

I am tired of this system.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Actually scientists refer to it as noncoding DNA. The term junk DNA comes from popular science books and articles. It's much the same way the media refers to the Higgs Boson as the God Particle. It's not an official name in any capacity, it just sounds catchy.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11
reply to post by chr0naut

according to that scientist the junk DNA's already served its purpose by helping the DNA mutate and could also be reactivated under different situations such as environmental changes and possibly cause another mutation
... so your saying that they have another purpose that we are not aware of? he does admit some of the junk DNA is still producing protein and he does not know why....

No, the "junk DNA" usually doesn't map to the proteome. The strands, if they do produce anything, probably produce non-functional molecules that break back up again and are re-used by the cell, or are excreted.

This doesn't mean that some of what we now believe is non-functional and junk, is actually non functional. There may be functions that may not even relate to protein or structural information that we just have not even imagined.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

so how did you go about and break away from your responsibilities... i am aware of being able to change my frame of mind... but the responsibilities of a family keep me focused and i'm stuck in a cycle that seems to get worse and worse with each passing.... how do you change your paradigm with out meditating?.... hmm i'll check on your page and get back to u.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by johta

i got through most of that i'll go back and finish it... but all the symptoms that little boy was experiencing does not seem to be a good thing, but the rest of the article talks about it being a good thing so is alfie going to have "powers"?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

i hope so too... it would make everything so much more meaningful i think, knowing that the meaning of life is to get to the next step... make it to the next alignment for an evolutionary leap... it would make this mundane existence exciting to see us change right before our own eyes.... but who knows

top topics

<<   2 >>

join