It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your belief or faith in life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Tell me about yourself. What do you believe? Do you agree with the relgion you're apart off? Tell me and everyone else. I believe in mythology, science, paganism awesome stuff!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am a Christian and I actually believe in other things, such as the paranormal and life aside from us out there in the universe. When it comes to the bible, I do believe in certain things and at the same time I believe that perhaps the bible might have been tampered with after so many years of translating it into the modern language. I don't know if that's a bad or good thing because I've been brought up to believe that the Bible is the word of God but could it be possible that there's more to God and his will, then the Bible?

Such as Love and seeking the Good in others?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i beleive that our passage here is simply gathering the most experience personnally ,

our existence is based on that , because each soul is a fraction of creation itself ..

god is creation .. and creation is what drives us to learn .. teach , move forward , and evolve ..

thats my theory !

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I believe in the now.. not the past..not the future..the now.. I wake up everyday between a memory and a dream..

This very moment, I am typing this i will never get back, And the very moment you read it, you will never get back.. Thanks for sharing part of your existence with me, And taking the time ( a moment you will never get back) to read my ramblings..

Welcome to the now!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have no beliefs whatsoever. Happy in that. There are a surprising amount of people in the world like this too...usually with less rights than the rest, but that's another story.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

Very true..

My belief is not believing.. I guess i am what you would call.. Anti-Faith..

OH NO! Everyone run.. HERE COMES THE BIG, BAD ATHEIST AGAIN!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
the only one you need to beleive is yourself .. and the choices you make , period

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleLL
Tell me about yourself. What do you believe? Do you agree with the relgion you're apart off? Tell me and everyone else. I believe in mythology, science, paganism awesome stuff!
I believe in God and love, yup, but I don't fully agree with some of the churches (and some other places of holy worship) because some (perhaps almost all) have been corrupted in some way, no doubt. Because of that I can't really find myself going to church, sadly, however: "The kingdom of God is within you", because of that I believe our lives here is the journey to find that "kingdom", a kind of maturing process (the entire universe matures, we are no exception you see) and we're always learning - and in some cases, devolving. A fruit doesn't get eaten if it's rotten and dead, just like a person will not see any of the "light" if his eye remains split in two, nor will he come to fully understand the other sides of life if his entire being is knotted up and willfully surrendered. Now think about that.

Cheers.
edit on 13/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: clarity

edit on 13/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: and more

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

What do you believe?

I am a non denominational Christian. Love Jesus with all my heart and consider Him my savior. Believe the Bible is the inspired word of God.

Do you agree with the religion you're apart off?

Absolutely. There are some things I have difficulty liking (the concept of an eternal Hell being the biggest). But I do believe Hell exists. Can't chuck something from your beliefs just because you don't like or understand it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MWStargazer

You are correct. Unfortunately, the Bible is not the complete "word of God", because it has been written by humans and we are capable of mistakes, and in some cases for their own personal gain. Our biggest holidays are a farce, for one, like Easter and Christmas. Look into them and don't celebrate these pagan holidays if you know what's good for you! He punished Solomon for doing that.
edit on 13/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I only listen to the Jews when they discuss the Bible. Interesting to me. Tradition.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am an agnostic atheist in that I don't believe in the biblical God or any deities, but I don't know this to be true. I don't think anyone CAN know.

I do have beliefs, though. Even beliefs of a spiritual nature.

I believe that there's a lot more to us than the physical.
I believe that this physical being is just a minor aspect or physical representation of who I am.
I believe I will exist after my body dies.
I believe that I am accountable for everything that occurs in my life.
I believe that lying is the greatest 'sin' against myself.
I believe that Love is the single most powerful force in existence.
I believe I have absolutely everything I need.
I believe that if I Love, Love will come to me.
I believe that my purpose here is to contribute to, rather than diminish, the goodwill that exists in the world.
I believe that death is nothing to fear.
I believe that everything is just exactly as it should be.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I believe. I believe in myself. I know my strengths and my weaknesses. As far as "god" is concerned, if he's ever played any part at all in my life he did so incognito. I wasn't aware of it. As such, I've given him back as much as I've received - nothing that I'm aware of.

I believe people should be free to believe what they want as long as it harms no one else. I believe that religion should be a private matter - like underwear. Nobody's business but your own, and shouldn't be displayed in public.
I will argue and bash religion - in the privacy of my own home. I don't take it out into the streets - as I wish other people would KEEP their religion in their home & out of the streets.
I'm annoyed by excessive christmas advertisements - such as billboards, signs....they get plastered EVERYWHERE. But I keep my mouth shut. People sometimes talk to me about religion - I keep my mouth shut. It makes them happy for me to listen. Only when I am pressed on the matter will I speak out.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
People are shock that I explain I believe in a universal G-d. I explain that I define G-d as a supreme deity. Eternal and always there for us. I believe in evolution as well. Crazy? I'm a walking contraindication in the world.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I agree with tonyJ - I have no faith - I "believe in" nothing. Thoughts and ideas are free. Beliefs require an investment. Faith requires a continuing investment in time and energy, among other things. Ethical conduct, self sufficiency and personal responsibility are my principles.

ganjoa
edit on 13-4-2011 by ganjoa because: spellin'

top topics

join