It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pareidolia, Matrixing, Simulacrum and the Paranormal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I completely understand the simulacrum principle - because reality is non-psysical, as it
needs physical organs to decode the information, pass to the brain, the brain gives away
its natural drives (face recognition) or what I understand to be the "automation of the
vessel" by fear, strong emotions (first reactions!) - conscience then encodes everything
with the current ego and cultural/traditions/beliefs information..... FINALLY: we have a
simulacrum of reality, understood by a non-physical being (us) where we can infer over
the validity of the object and act upon the physical reality with our bodies.

That rock (OP image) was a great find... thanks! (not the dog jesus.... ILL (funny thought!))

-Robert

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by uk today

Mmmmm, well nothing is real anyway !!

Eh, Yes it is.

xx

I for one, believe that "nothing" exists (as a concept at least).

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
NO.... Don't say that you will hurt my avatars feelings. He is a 700 lb. ET turned to stone in a Paleozoic alien battle over the Northwest. My wife and I dug and pulled him out of a local river. Don't let him hear you talk like that. We are currently experimenting with certain substances hoping to unstone him and then we'll just see. Yeah and so will you. We have several other faces in wonderful faces in our rock collection.

Oh I also found Albert Einstein in a friends floral print bathroom wall paper. Yeah, I was bored.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hi, Rising Against

I'm just breezing through and saw your thread and wondered if you'd had a look at the photos from the Scole Experiments and seen what appear to be unambiguous images of people in the 'bubble' photos ?

In that case, the images are very obviously those of a man, in one instance. His features are clearly defined and he's wearing spectacles

Now, whether or not the Scole photos are themselves fakes, is open to conjecture. If real, they truly are phenomenal. The book came out several years ago and I don't have my copy to hand, but as you have an interest in the subject, you might have it

The photos, it is claimed, were created by discarnate entities with whom the Scole experimenters had established communication. According to their claims, the entities instructed them to place unopened reels of film in a container. Afterwards, the photos allegedly were developed commercially, at which time the images revealed themselves

With regard to Pareidolia, have you had a look at a few of Stanley/Paul's videos on Youtube and other ? For those not familiar with the situation, Stanley (aka Paul) is a 30-something man from the Perth region in Australia who claims for the past 14 or so years, he's been plagued by entities which present themselves in the form of orbs in staggering numbers and it's these to which his videos are devoted

According to Paul, the orb entities drove him almost to suicide until he went online a couple of years ago, approx. and found support from members of a paranormal site. None, however, were prepared or able to accept Paul's invitation to stay with him and witness the phenomena for themselves. One person said they'd like to help but were too afraid that if they did so, the orbs may follow them home

Paul is certainly unique in style and delivery. If you've watched his videos, you'll be aware of that. If not, please don't let it turn you off. He claims he hears the orb entities' voices - that they speak to him and that the majority are benign with only a few being hostile and troublesome. People online have slowed down the videos and enlarged individual orbs and claim to see 'faces' within them which are human-appearing. It's also believed by those who view the enlarged orbs, that some are animals

Certainly, pareidolia might be considered to be coming into effect in some of the claims, but by the same token, some do appear to be recognisably human faces. I'm on the fence, because I'm on the receiving, viewer's position and have no idea what process the photos are subjected to before they're presented to the public. Interesting though

naturalplane.blogspot.com... (this is the site which originally put the material up for mass consumption after responding to Paul's requests for help)

www.youtube.com... (and this is a link to some of Paul's videos. You can access the rest by going to his channel. He's not conventional but does seem very genuine, once you become accustomed to his style )

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

That's all anecdotal Dock9 and immediately raises suspicion. I simply see another case of people colouring that which they do not understand with their own superstition as far as the images are concerned. I'm not saying I do not believe all paranormal activity is fake but a large portion of it is certainly embellished.

IRM

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
ok this isnt so much paranormal but it is on the same topic as your brain recognising something innocent and natural as something else enjoy - you dirty minded people

When plants turn bad - these were all natural occurring in nature.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Shame on you!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by johngtr

Shame on you!

Those carrots are rather naughty

xx

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So much for keeping this a serious, educational thread It seems.

Rather hilarious video still..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The latest in pareidolia and it doesn't include a dogs posterior:

link

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yeah, I saw this in the newspaper a few days ago as well. I think I immediately threw it away too, lol.

Here's a link to a bunch of other "celebrities" btw. Reading this link It appears something called "Jackodolia" seems to be growing in popularity too.

edit on 16-4-2011 by Rising Against because: Because I pressed enter before I was finished..

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I just KNEW it !!

Jacko is alive....

Mmmm, wonder where he'll appear next ???

xx

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

lol, could be anywhere..

As long as people are constantly being mistaken, Jacko will show up.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I don't see faces in clouds but i do see them in clear skies, some i can recognize, some i can even communicate with. I have no faith in a word or a physical or mental condition created by people who have no real experience to draw upon.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It is my opinion that this thread is an attempt to explain away a real event captured by a camera, either digital or on film, as a mental delusion. I keep thinking, how can a camera be deluded into taking a photograph of something that isn't there. There seems to be something wrong with that concept that i just can't get a handle on.
edit on 073030p://pm3021 by debris765nju because: photo will not post

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

No... it's an attempt to explain pareidolia and how the brain tries to make order out of chaos.

At least, that's how I read the OP.
edit on 19/4/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

What chaos? The ones i know are a very close-knit community, in fact they are interconnrcted. I am in this photograph, i have a real close-up view. They are heads with faces front, rear and both sides, just like mentioned in the bible.. Their facial features provide their mobility within the group, sort of like cogs in a machine.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Well, Ok then... I guess you're right.

There is no such thing as pareidolia when it comes to photographs (if you say so).

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I'm not saying that at all, i am just defending the other side of the question. Most threads like this, IMO, are a group of people expressing their OPINIONS as if it were factual evidence. This happens time and again, and if unchallenged, is accepted as truth.

This is why i challenged you on the CHAOS claim. I have photographic evidence of the framework that supports the community. The good thing about living with these guys is that you pick up on these little known details. This photo is taken in my room I know it resembles strung but look closer. It defies gravity, no sag., you can walk through it without touching it. If you look carefully you might even see several of them looking back at you,
edit on 103030p://pm3017 by debris765nju because: photo will not post

edit on 103030p://pm3006 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The CHAOS claim must have been a brain fart of mine.

Sorry I thought of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join