It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger is a Gift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
To who? This is a line from the popular rock group, Rage Against the Machine. But I ask the question, who is this gift to? Sometimes I feel like for all the injustices I see in the world, the anger I feel is a gift to me, from me. As if I feel somewhat comforted by it. I see people on welfare and think, "Why should I work to "get ahead""? I see war and think "At least I'm not that evil".

So, if anger is a gift, who is it to and how do we present this gift?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Anger is a byproduct of our reptile brain. The same brain that controls all the things that keep us alive. At one point, anger was a useful emotion to have, as you can probably imagine. The most important of all is adrenaline production. Its so hard wired in our brains we all feel anger, it just depends on what "brain" is in control, for you.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
Anger is a byproduct of our reptile brain.
Yeah, it is quite obvious that this song is definitely about lizard-people.
[/end-Sarcasm]

I think that what Zack means, is that anger is not always a bad emotion.
At times, anger can be used as a method that can lead to positive results.
Without anger, there would be no protesting.
Anger can allow people to fight against oppression and stand up for what they believe in.
Obviously, anger is not always a good emotion, but it can be in certain circumstances, if it is used correctly.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Anger is a gift to none other than the Incredible Hulk

But anger is what makes you human it's an emotion that helps you interact and understand your surroundings. If nobody got angry once in a while people wouldn't fight back, my anger lets people know when they have crossed the line.
edit on 13-4-2011 by RayTheWizardLiotta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yea, I believe you can`t/won`t effectively oppose evil/injustice if you don`t get angry first. Our world is totally insane right now and we NEED to be angry. If not, then we agree with most of what is happening.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
To quote Yoda

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering"

top topics

join