It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I know every country doesn't have the draft system, but let's say WWIII starts and your country starts up a draft, forcing you to go fight. Would you serve your country, or would you draft dodge?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'd do. Draft dodging sounds better than serving the corporate elite and murdering my fellow man, but I don't have much knowledge of places I could hide until I sneak into another country, so I might be one of those people who would go to war just to die.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
"What if there was a war,
and nobody came."

Would be one way to completely defuse any situation, ya think?

Not a guy...but if I was, well, you have my answer.

link   
It really depends on if I would fight or not. I might go into it depending on the situation and the reason behind the war. But then again, I probably wouldn't fight for TPTB's agenda. I would love to get out of this life for a while and just take a vacation, but if that vacation includes invading some county that i have nothing against then, no, i would not fight. I have always considered joining the military. I might use that as an excuse to get away, or i might use my depression as an excuse to get out of it. Who knows

link   
if i believed in the war yes, if i thought it was total crap no.....depends on what the fight was for....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Honestly, it would have to depend on why the war began in the first place. I wanted to join the military a few years ago but because of the likelihood of ending up in Iraq or Afghanistan in conflicts that I am morally against I chose not to enlist. It really would depend on the circumstances of the war and maybe even the side I am on. What if it is your country that is committing atrocious acts that is the catalyst for WWIII? It is a curious thing to ponder on.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

The simple fact of the matter is that people are too brain dead and will fight for anybody if it means keeping their comforts and security. I mean, "Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris" is the most watched YouTube video for crying out loud and has half a billion views!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
To keep myself alive, yes.

This is if I was drafted.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
They couldn't draft would they would be fighting.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Dodge, would not kill / be killed for a political agenda.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

The simple fact of the matter is that people are too brain dead and will fight for anybody if it means keeping their comforts and security. I mean, "Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris" is the most watched YouTube video for crying out loud and has half a billion views!

war isnt comfortable or very secure.

i dont really understand how bieber fits into ur statement either.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If I was drafted I would fight for my country, It's we the peoples choice that we are in wars if the people of my country are to lazy to vote or protest for what is right then we all have to suffer the consequences

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Depends. If its for a just cause that I truly believe, sure. Or if my family or kids' lives were at stake, you bet your a## I would.

But, if its blatantly another lie to get more resources from another country or to oppress another culture...I'm changing my name and dodging that like the clap.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I hear ya there, my friend...

sadly your question sorta answers its self.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Honestly the idea of the draft scares me! I have four boys who of course will have to register for the draft and I can't even fathom the idea of the govt having the power to force my boys to go fight in a war. They still don't allow for women in the draft as far as I know, but I can't imagine they would even want a 36 year old mother of four.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
depends on drafted by WHOM !!!!
even if I was ....
I do not meet the criteria anymore.
I am over the 45 limit and even if I wasn't,
I am disabled so that pretty much keeps me
from doing what soldiers are required to do.
So I am unqualified.

ETA: weird you should ask that question.
I did have a dream a few months back
about an obstacle course with live fire
ammunition.
edit on 4/13/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I know every country doesn't have the draft system, but let's say WWIII starts and your country starts up a draft, forcing you to go fight. Would you serve your country, or would you draft dodge?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'd do. Draft dodging sounds better than serving the corporate elite and murdering my fellow man, but I don't have much knowledge of places I could hide until I sneak into another country, so I might be one of those people who would go to war just to die.

you had me at fellow man.....i happen to to take care of a 90 y.o. veteran that preaches "respect thy fellow man"

I dont feel as if i can answer honestly not starring at the situation at which caused the draft to take place to begin with....if it were a life or death situation, u damn right id fight.....for some senseless joker in a suit wanting more power or oil.......no thanks

just my two cents i guess

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I would never shy from an opportunity to defend my country. However, prior to waging war against my oppressors I would darn sure need some proof that we were actually being attacked!

Put it this way, I will happily shoot at anyone (individual, terrorist faction OR invading army) who is in my house, yard, city, state or country trying to take from me that which rightfully belongs to me, whether it be freedom, property or person. I would NOT go charging into ANOTHER person's house/city/country to preemptively attack them. I think what we need is bigger defense...NOT more offense.

Fortunately, I'm not subject to being drafted, but you could count on me to do my part at home should the need arise, though I doubt it ever will. There isn't an army in the world powerful enough to take on the US on US soil. We just have WAAAAAAY too many guns in this country (civilian AND military forces alike).

Bring the troops home!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm fighting to survive in this economy,isn't that enough?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am very much not a pacifist, but I do not believe any state has the right to wage war, and I would die rather than fight in one.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm over the age
but fit and able
I say fight for peace with peace

The prophesy i follow says not to FIGHT in this coming WAR.
the battle is with the shadow masters
not with each other.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join