If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If it was in defence in the people of my countries (dual-nationality) I would fight to the death.

If it for a morally wrong war I would so go but I do everything I could to undermine my own side.

I struggle to know what I'd do if it was a morally amigous war, I guess I would'nt know till I was in that situation.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Seeing as America hasn't openly declared war since the Department of War was renamed the Department of Defence, I find this highly unlikely.

But,

In the event that open war is actually declared by congress,
I will volunteer, so being drafted isn't an issue for me.

Reasons?

Well,
In my study of the history of warfare
it is my studied opinion that the safest place to be
during a war
is in the military.
Particularly with asymetrical modern warfare.

The military has the best protective gear,
the best medicine,
and the best intel.

Civilians on the other hand...

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
probably, hell, why not! gimme a BIG gun.

it's a world war!

where would you go?

if you couldn't walk into another country that's neutral, (if there is one) i don't think you could get anywhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
If i was drafted for WW3, i would fight, but it would be for AUSTRALIA and AUSTRALIA alone. I would do anything for my AUSSIE brothers and sisters.
My fellow AUSSIES are worth my life, but what i have seen from this ugly world, Well.............. I would not fight for the rest of you................. Well not until can prove yourself.

So Draft me into WW3 fight for OZ and Oz alone.
You can all fight for your own land.

Sorry to be selfish, But

I don't know you, but i would fight for you. Its us regulars, against 'them'

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I find it hard to answer this question.
We know things now after the fact that people then never knew.
I'd get drafted and dessert to join the partisans and resistance, although they did terrible things too to fight occupation. They were "terrorists" to the occupiers, just like today.
However, I'd be in a concentration camp then in any case.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Why would I fight for fools in suits, when I do not have the right to fight for myself against what I would consider an enemy, after all they want us largely to be victims in our own lkives. I am against sanctioned murder on behalf of corrupt governments, we all know how they have treated returning soldiers.

So NO, I have no interest in being cannon fodder for some lying corrupt official, however if it was in defense or for the protection of another or if I considered it worthy of what a good human should do, I would be very good at spilling their blood, and would happily eat dinner afterwards, as long as it sat well with my conscience

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Originally posted by meathed
If i was drafted for WW3, i would fight, but it would be for AUSTRALIA and AUSTRALIA alone. I would do anything for my AUSSIE brothers and sisters.
My fellow AUSSIES are worth my life, but what i have seen from this ugly world, Well.............. I would not fight for the rest of you................. Well not until can prove yourself.

So Draft me into WW3 fight for OZ and Oz alone.
You can all fight for your own land.

Sorry to be selfish, But

I don't know you, but i would fight for you. Its us regulars, against 'them'

I stand corrected my friend. I apoligise.
You are CORRECT.
I dont know you either, but if i seen you in need...............well yes i would run to your aid.
It does seem like they are against us, so YES i WOULD stand up for you.
Thank for showing meathed he is wrong and that i do have alot to learn about being a human still.

Thank you again friend.
Peace, and take care

Meathed
edit on 13-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Hey you are me. So

But your wrong moment, gave an insight. So it was very right.

Peace and all the best.
edit on 13-4-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Depends on who I will be fighting against. If they are against my version of a New World Order, then I will fight them, this includes the elite. When it comes to dodging, it will be difficult. After all, they have your details and will just contact your family members and friends and ask them. In the UK, everyone over 16 has a national insurance card, they will just look up all men over 16 and expect them to arrive at the nearest place to sign up. And if you don't, run away and get caught? Let's not go there.

Our friend from GTAIV, Niko Bellic said it best "War is when the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other."

-Naeem
edit on 13/4/2011 by naeem11111 because: Added quote

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
reply to post by meathed

Hey you are me. So

But your wrong moment, gave an insight. So it was very right.

Peace and all the best.
edit on 13-4-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

We may just be like my friend.
Thanks for your correction again.
My wrong moment was also so right.
You were right and that did give me an insight not only of myself but also of the world around me. With your words you showed me that there are some good people left in the the world, that there are still kind souls worth fighting for.
You showed me the wrong in me that i still have to change, and for that i thank you for.

Peace mate

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
No not a chance, there is no way I would be fighting someone elses war. Im a peaceful guy. Talking things through is the way to go. I'll be outta here so fast

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I would volunteer. I wouldn't need to be drafted. For all those draft dodgers. Given the threads scenario it being world war 3. Really? Many of you wouldn't fight for your countries ability to govern it's self? I too am not happy with the current situation our governments have put us in. Politicians serving their self's and their interests that got them elected. But how would you be able to face your loved ones? When you got back from running from the draft? Who would say you had to fight? You can still serve your country and not fight. There are cook's and mechanics and all sort's of thing's like that are non violent.

If someone was mugging you or was about to murder you or rape your wife are you telling me you wouldn't fight back? You would tell them your a pacifist and let them do whatever they wanted to do?

I ready do respect most peoples different opinions and I never worry what a persons beliefs are and when it comes to religion I can't stand when people try to push their religion down my throat. I will never understand war over religion. It's absurd. But If your country was invaded and/or they needed to draft you. Would you really bolt? That is incomprehensible to me. I admit I am biased as my family's military history dates back to before the french and Indian war. But still I'm really surprised.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Well said my friend. I've met a lot of people who claim they won't fight, but as soon as they recieve the "dirties" from some stranger walking by, they get all hyped up.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would defend my home soil, my property, my family, etc. But there is no way in hell that I am going overseas to fight a corporate/government created war. The only freedoms we need to protect are our own freedoms here at home.

To answer the OP question, NO I would not fight if I were drafted. If I want to fight, then it will be because I believe in the cause, not because the military has a shortage of willing participants.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am not subject to conscription, being female.

Would I fight for my country? I would do so, honorably, but only for the people and for a proper cause. I expect I would perform quite well. I doubt they'd want me as an infanteer regardless of combat restrictions on females. I could do desk work if anything went to the point where I could agree to join. I could not, in good conscience, at present.

I am a US citizen and a college-educated civilian.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks to a loophole in the UK legal system, there is legal allowance for conscientious objection but only on religious grounds. I was lucky enough to go to a quaker school and i am therefore covered by this loophole. Therefore, i guess it depends on who we are fighting! My obvious answer would be no i wouldn't fight but then again, if its Colonial Blackadder style (guns against sharpened mangoes) then maybe i would!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Nope, I would not. I won't fight a war I dont agree with.

If they want to fight then let them take their asses to the front line and fight since they want it. Instead they sit in their cush homes far from it all and give orders...Yeah so no I would not.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think this 60 year old female is fairly safe from a draft

Whatever - I would refuse unless absolutely certain that my country was threatened. It would have to be pretty obvious - I don't buy any of the current 'defence' excuses for overseas incursions.
It's probably immaterial anyway. I think the next war will be largely fought by button pushers - ie scalar weapons and the like.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

When the United States kept Australian people from having to learn Japanese and stopped them from being enslaved by the Japanese Empire during World War 2? (an indisputable fact ) I guess that wasn't enough of the US proving it's self to you? Maybe you should brush up on your Chinese. lol
edit on 4/13/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
As a veteran-I feel like I've done my time.
So, if there was a draft: I'm all set. I'd have to say thanks but no thanks. Come, take me to jail.

Now, if the SHTF & WW3 was effecting *my area*: pass the ammo.
You mess with my loved ones - I'm a good shot.
If it came to it - I'd gladly die protecting my family/friends.

Also, being in the military, on deployments, is NO vacation.

& just going by what I observed when I was in: being
college educated does nothing for you in the military-unless you
wish to go to OCS. (Officer Candidate School).
Either way - letting others know you're college educated (While in the military)
does nothing but make you the pun of jokes. Seriously.

When I was in there wasn't much respect for officers - unless they earned it.

I dare any officer (except maybe a CWO {Chief Warrant Officer}) to take on a "Master Chief". (Enlisted)
They are like "gods".

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join