It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbering posts in threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Would it be possible to number each post in a thread? It would be so much easier to find a post in a thread that is several pages long that you would want clarification/referencing etc, on. Thanks for your time.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dowser

Actually, if you press "this post" above every post, you will see that your URL will change, that's a direct link to that particular post.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dowser

As "Keeper" said....for instance this is the unique number for your opening post:

#pid11064520

"#" sign for "number" (??). "pid" for "Post ID". And, yeah....unwieldy number, for sure. It's a big place, now. Lots of posts ot catalog. Putting commas in it makes 11,064,520. Eleven million +....

(You will see, also, the thread itself has a unique number too...)
edit on 13 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the information. I kept hitting 'this post' but nothing shows up. Where is this number suppose to shows up at when I click it? I belong to other fourms and they just number the post in that thread alone from number 1 to whatever. It does not link to anywhere else just within that thread. I does make it easier to search. I did not know about the "this post" because nothing has ever shown up when I have used it (and still does not).
Thanks for your time.

Never mind you just told me the URL changes. Sorry. Thanks
edit on 4/14/2011 by dowser because: Found the answer to my last question. Deleted it

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
how about using JUMPS - list the usernames and when you click on them their threads are sorted.
so we can jump through pages and pages to read from one poster. plus not hunting for my responses
to see if I have comments or not... just make it full featured and mail me a check if you like my idea
I dont work for free. thinking costs sucrose and have you noted the price of sugar>?

new topics

top topics

join