It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really strange contrail?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Saw this on the way home, what sort of our aircraft can cause such a angle in the sky?

Any ideas? I cant think of anything at the moment.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I have no idea, nice snowman though! S&F for the picture it does seem very un-natural for any planes I know of, but I'm sure there are planes/aircrafts that I don't know about as well.
edit on 12-4-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It might be an airplane making a fast turn in combination with some air currents. Although, it is a steep angle.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I will admit, I was going to give you a flag before I even opened this thread. Based only by the use of that almost obsolete word in the title. Now I am more intrigued though. I have no clue what type of aircraft caused this, but I will embed it here for you. I didn't alter anything, but I did crop a little off of the top and the bottom.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4bf3a9235f8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Not sure what that is, but I've also seen the exact
same thing in Virginia! Where was this? I thought I was nuts. Alas I had no camera and I was driving, so even if my phone-camera could catch it, I probably would've wrecked my car.

Great catch! I am glad someone else has seen this!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Heres a theory. They are not planes, the chem-trail producing planes, they are holographic images placed around, what could either be new military flight vessels or ET in nature.

This is FakePlane's youtube page. He captures the chem planes to the best of his ability and they do seem odd, disfigured in some cases. The planes usually have no windows, uneven wing spans and/or construction, and sometimes they do not reflect any light.

www.youtube.com...

The last time I checked, a plane of that nature would have the engines under the wing. Near the end of the video, the plane begins to light up, but no big deal, the sun is going down, that's what they do, but the lights continue to grow brighter until it almost looks like it is on fire.

edit on 12-4-2011 by AOA2012 because: woops..

He seems to catch UFO's attacking chem planes.

This could be completely false and nothing but some cheap CGI, but it's a theory, and to see that kind of design in the clouds is quite intriguing.

edit on 12-4-2011 by AOA2012 because: Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

loool pilots are really crazy or they drunk red bull

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

I live in England, it just stuck out in the sky, i was trying to imagine the plane making that sort of manouvure in the sky, kinda looks like its breaking the laws of physics at such a steep angle. It doesnt even look as if it banked, its like it went straight, stopped dead, then went up

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eboydens

It might be an airplane making a fast turn in combination with some air currents. Although, it is a steep angle.

The angle actually doesn't have to be steep. It's all a matter of perspective. If you make an extremely obtuse angle (like 165 degrees) out of something, maybe a couple of sticks, you can manipulate them to make them look like the angle in the picture (almost 90 degrees). Not to say that this is the case, but it's a perfectly plausible explantation though. I do agree that it is still a very abrupt turn.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Saw this on the way home, what sort of our aircraft can cause such a angle in the sky?

Simply a case of an airliner changing direction.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3adf41d4bd6.jpg[/atsimg]

If you look at www.flightradar24.com... and click on some of the aircraft you'll find quite a few that follow non direct flight paths over Britain.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
what this have to do with ufos?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Evidence to back up the plane changing direction

I do admit, this was the first contrail i saw of this type i was a little suprised to see it

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
what this have to do with ufos?

Everything.

Originally i thought aircraft we know of couldnt create such an angle.

So an Unidentified Sort of Aircraft must have.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It seem quites plain and Z shaped but It might be "deeper" than it seems, so it could be a regular change of path from a regular airplane. Leaving a regular contrail.

Interesting catch.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

Honestly, that first video is the worst attempt I've ever seen to try and prove the hologram theory. All three "planes" were actually planes. Unless I am missing something, but that the problem when you try to prove a point with no narration.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It's not that common - though I have seen the change depicted in the photo I posted a few times, so I guess in that particular case it's a regular change in direction of a flight path over Wales.

The wierdest one I've seen is this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/961d6a3a22dd.jpg[/atsimg]

I think what has happened is an aircraft has flown into an area of drier air and stopped producing a contrail, and that just before the change in humidity, there are some stronger winds blowing, to disperse the end of the contrail and create a 'hockey stick'.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by scojak
reply to post by AOA2012

Honestly, that first video is the worst attempt I've ever seen to try and prove the hologram theory. All three "planes" were actually planes. Unless I am missing something, but that the problem when you try to prove a point with no narration.

My bad homie, chill

Gave it my best shot.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

No worries. Nothing against you, unless you are Rod Hilderman
I just amazes me what some people are able to see when they so badly want to believe they caught something interesting on film.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Evidence to back up the plane changing direction.

The contrail itself is the evidence. It depicts the path of the jet.

And, as noted already: It is the angle you are seeing it from. The actual turn, the actual shape (if you looked directly from above or below) would be a smooth arc. By sighting along the oblique, you can achieve that effect. Try it yourself.....use something that has straight segments on each end, and a curve (bend) in the middle, and just move it around to look from all perspectives.......

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by scojak

Rod Hilderman...

"Hilderman's" videos are complete rubbish. I find it hard to believe he actually believes his own tripe, the things he says. Is it possible there can exist people who still don't understand home video camera (cheap, consumer-grade) technology and limitations???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join