It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Game On: Trump: I'll Run Indy if I'm Not the GOP Nominee!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Donald Trump says he will probably run for president as an independent in 2012 if he fails to secure the Republican Party’s nomination.

Trump had previously told Newsmax that he was intent on running as a Republican if he decides to seek the White House. But he announced his possible change of strategy in an interview with the Wall Street Journal on Monday.

“I think the Republicans are very concerned that I [may] run as an independent,” Trump said.“The concern is if I don’t win [the Republican primary] I will run as an independent, and I think the answer is probably yes.”

A recent Wall Street Journal/NBC poll found Trump tied for second place with Mike Huckabee among potential GOP cnadidates, behind only Mitt Romney.

But an ongoing Newsmax poll shows Trump overwhelming all other potential GOP candidates in the primary. Trump received 57 percent of the vote, with Romney in second at 9 percent, Huckabee at 8 percent, Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich at 6 percent, and the others at 4 percent or less.

The poll also found that if the election were held today, 68 percent of respondents would vote for Trump, 13 percent would choose Obama, and 17 percent would opt for another candidate

TRUMP:

“This is too important. Our country is in trouble. Our country is not being properly led. It needs help.”

Source: www.newsmax.com...

Well, things are definitely getting more interesting for this upcoming POTUS election. Trump is a game changer. If you like him or not, it's reality.

He will be the type the gets up in Obama's face and make him show his true colors.

Time will tell.

I find it interesting, the rest of the poll numbers. Palin 6%? I find that hard to beleive. IMO-of course.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I hope Donald Trump becomes president and fixes everything so I can come back on here and apologize for LMAO every time I think of him in the position.
There I go again.

I have a question, though. Is there just one Independent candidate (like Dems and GOP) or can there be like 4-5 Independent candidates in a presidential election? (I should know this, but I don't.)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
dude,
IMHO, I don't think The Donald will ever
become president. Maybe it's got something
to do with the hair. Or is that really hair or
Alien feces?

But one thing I am so glad of.
At least Palin has STFU since
Netanyahu told her she would
never be president.

So now the Donald tries to
fill the media gap left by Palin's
exit.

To be honest, I haven't seen anyone
yet running for president thus far that
has earned my trust for that position
and that includes Ron Paul.

edit on 4/12/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Independent (as I understand it) just means no party affiliation, so really you could have many candidates running as such.

Regards.

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I have a question, though. Is there just one Independent candidate (like Dems and GOP) or can there be like 4-5 Independent candidates in a presidential election? (I should know this, but I don't.)

There could be many as 'Independent' is not a party per se. 'Independents' historically have acted as foils and managed to throw elections the opposite of what they say they intended. For example Ralph Nader had more votes than the difference between Bush and Kerry. Nader traditionally brought in left wing votes. Had he not won, Kerry would have become President. Same thing happened with Ross Perot. If he had not run, Clinton would have lost. Happens on both sides of the political spectrum.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks for that answer. that makes sense.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
To be honest, I haven't seen anyone
yet running for president thus far that
has earned my trust for that position
and that includes Ron Paul.

I'd have to agree with you on that. And no, I'm still not voting for you!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Dude!!! You don't even trust yourself for pres? Well at least you are honest!

Another Perot in the making, is my guess. We've been that way before and the wheels always seem to come off when the subject turns to anything other than money.

Money is important, but it's not the only priority. Not even the most important priority. Donny will have to work for my vote.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
donald trump is playing chess right now. calling out obama and threatening the republican party. the only sad thing is that he is taking attention away from the ron paul movement. ron paul is great but he doesnt seem to have that edge or a strong enough character to battle it out with these cutthroats.

i would love to see any of these people run..

1.ron paul
2.donald trump
3.jesse ventura!! lol. im not sure if hes qualified but he is an awesome american and a true patriot that has faught for this country and our freedom and continues to fight the media.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
An independent Trump candidacy is the best possible thing that can happen for the Obama administration.

If I was them, I would be pushing hard for a moderate GOP nomination like Mike Huckabee or Mitt Romney.

If Trump runs as an Independent, he will take the entire Tea Party vote with him, and will split the Republican vote in two.

Obama will get a landslide that will make Reagan's win in 1984 look like they weren't really trying.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegasface
donald trump is playing chess right now. calling out obama and threatening the republican party. the only sad thing is that he is taking attention away from the ron paul movement. ron paul is great but he doesnt seem to have that edge or a strong enough character to battle it out with these cutthroats.

i would love to see any of these people run..

1.ron paul
2.donald trump
3.jesse ventura!! lol. im not sure if hes qualified but he is an awesome american and a true patriot that has faught for this country and our freedom and continues to fight the media.

Actually, Jesse Ventura has NOT fought for the USA.

In Vietnam, he didn't even receive his combat ribbon. He was NOT part of a NAVY SEAL team, they were formed 8 years after he left the Navy and the unit he was part of was simply integrated into the SEALS>

Look it up, it's public record.

I'm actually quite surprised that he was allowed to be Minnesota Governor under "Jesse Ventura" as this isn't even his real name.
edit on 12-4-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by babybunnies
I'm actually quite surprised that he was allowed to be Minnesota Governor under "Jesse Ventura" as this isn't even his real name.

What's a "real name"?

Trivia question - What was Gerald Ford's (38th president) "real name"?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well no wonder jesse can run around talking about conspiracies all over national tv. hes a fake! lol

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

A lot of folks don't like Trump for a lot of reasons and he certainly has enough about him that is easy to dislike.

I think what he is doing right now is heroic and ultimately will be considered so.

He is working the system, spending money and getting media attention by focusing on things that will get attention. Why?

Because he wants enough of a following to be able to qualify for the national debates. He does not think he'll win and frankly I don't think he even seriously wants the job.

What he wants to do is get on a stage and ask the "legitimate candidates" . For grins we'll say its Obama and Romney. He wants to questions and make statements that put them in positions that they would never be put into by the political and media elite. If given a chance he will blow this one party sham apart.

Why do we continue to prop up middle eastern dictators? Why do we not demand compensation for doing so? Do you think thats OK and if so, why and if not, what are you going to do about it if elected?

Why do we allow China to push us around and push the world around with currency manipulation? Why do we pound the table on human rights everywhere but when it happens in China?

What are your plans to reform entitlements in a bullet based, substantive manner?

Why is everyone so afraid to secure our southern border?

Why is everyone so afraid to move to a place where candidates must prove eligiblity to hold the office of the Presidency?

He is cares about the country, whether or not you like him. He has the stones to ask questions and will ask them with a level of common sense candor that will rip the facade off of the candidates of the major parties. That can potentially have a serious impact on the country.

Of course, if he can tear them apart enough, he has a chance of getting elected. If he can expose them for the frauds and empty suits they are and get in the mid 30s he could take a three way race. Again, I don't think thats what he's doing. He is doing what he can to come into the debates with significant approval which earns him a seat at the debates.

With nothing what so ever to lose, he will tear the bark of the other folks.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Trivia question - What was Gerald Ford's (38th president) "real name"?

I know...I know...

Leslie King Jr.

No, I didn't Google it

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
donald trump is the only "celebrity" that is questioning obamas authenticity. it feels great to know that not everyone is a follower. i wont judge trump by his past or business affairs. in my eyes hes doing good by calling out the president and demanding answers. another thing is that he is not just against democrats as he also called out bush, so obviously hes not biased which is another plus.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Donald Trump would be a perfect candidate for the US.

How can anyone take American politics seriously now that it has become just a surrealistic sideshow owned and operated by big business and their lobbyist and money.

What the hell, go all the way and bring in all the super rich GOP candidates. Why keep up a pointless charade that the American voter has any influence at all. Get it over with, enslave the American workers to be good little corporate drones, pay their taxes for corporate sponsored wars and we can sit and watch the blood and guts of our children on corporate sponsored media.

I'm just glad that I can go watch the decline of a once great nation from some country with a beach, cheap beer, beautiful brown skinned women, great fishing and a realistic focus on what is really important in life.

I used to be proud to cast my vote in America. Not anymore...why even bother to encourage a corrupt and stupid system that only pretends at freedom, justice and equality. We used to make quality products in America now "planned obsolescence" is the operating system; even in our elected officials and our sad, banal, disposable, culture.

edit on 12-4-2011 by whaaa because: ivy and chains

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

exactly. enough with the games, if you rule this country and we are all slaves just come out and admit it. all the lying and pretending just aggravates me.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Here's a good read that made sense to me re ballot access for POTUS

So you want to run for president....

The Donald....from his own list of past quotes...
"Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game."
Donald Trump

and so he wants to play perhaps what he considers "the ultimate game"....POTUS....can that highest political office in America suffer anymore degradation?....oh, wait, yes it can, when it's turned into the nation's highest corporate business office....

"I have made the tough decisions, always with an eye toward the bottom line. Perhaps it's time America was run like a business."
Donald Trump

No, Donald, you can't just say, "You're fired!". Nixon tried it (Saturday Night Massacre), and look where it got him. And, no, Donald, govt should have some respect and shred of decency left, even in foreign affairs; you can't just go around the world "screwing" people.

So, no, corporations have already placed enough of their minions and surrogates in Washington to rule over America...for God's sake, leave the office of POTUS alone! I feel like I've been screwed enough already; I don't need you to screw me, too.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I hope Donald Trump becomes president and fixes everything so I can come back on here and apologize for LMAO every time I think of him in the position. There I go again.

"We got this guy named not sure . And he's gonna fix everything."

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegasface
another thing is that he is not just against democrats as he also called out bush, so obviously hes not biased which is another plus.

Problem is...

Before he was anti-gay marriage, anti-abortion rights, and anti-taxes...he was FOR gay marriage, abortion rights, and said we need to tax the rich more when he "ran" for president the last time. (remember independant candidate Trump for POTUS 2000? Anyone? We have seen this show before. He just retooled it and swapped Omarosa for Starr Jones.) So when Trump fans figure out which side of his face he means to be speaking out of, let me know and we can decide who he is currently actually against or for without having to worry about who he used to be against or for the last time. Thanks!
edit on 12-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join