It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nanny State Can't Last

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The Nanny State Can't Last

www.infowars.com

Ron Paul
Last week, Congress and the administration refused to seriously consider the problem of government spending. Despite the fear-mongering, a government shutdown would not have been as bad as claimed.
It is encouraging that some in Washington seem to be insisting on reduced spending, which is definitely a step in the right direction, but only one step. We have miles to go before we can even come close to a solution, and it will involve completely redefining the role of government in our liUnfortunately, the compromises always seem to be just the opposite. Instead of the left agreeing t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Of course, an actual government collapse would create serious problems for many people who have come to depend on government payments for healthcare, retirement income, their children’s education, and even food and housing. However, these so-called entitlement programs are unconstitutional to begin with and have engendered a culture of dependence on wealth transfer payments that is out of control.

Atleast Ron isn't afraid to call it as it is. Social welfare is Unconstitutional and many within in both parties need to realize that spending on the war " machine " and spending more on social programs, negates the main points of interest.

We need a sound reform on the monetary policy. We need sound reform on foreign policy. Just those 2 alone, would be massive steps in the right direction. 2012 can't get here soon enough!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The US Budget could be balanced at any time, but no-one wants the political fallout. Evey politicians should just put it through and not care if they don't get re-electd.

The Hightlights:

Cut All Foreign Aid. Force Israel to learn to live in peace,
Cut defence spending by 75%. Close all those useless bases. Halve the current standing army, have everyone in reserves.
End the Fed, confiscate all its assets, end fiat money by basing it on a gold/silver mix standard.
Tax the Rich. Tax the Rich Corporations.
Huge incentives to new business startups designed to kickstart manaufacturing back in the US.
Cut unemployment benefits based on circumstance (single, married, kids). Pay out benefits on a dwndling scale so your money gets worse every month until it becomes a pittance. Will motivate people to find work.
Opting Out. I think Rom Paul's idea of opting out of all social servives. You pay 15% but get nothing. You then get your own medical insurance and have the extra incentive to keeo a job or accept any job when times are rough. Problem in the US is why would someone want to work in MacDonalds when they can earn $500/week on welfare, that is plain wrong.

A civilised country needs to proivide certain services to the masses but it only works when there is a collective good and not a "I'll take what I can get for as long as I can get" mentality.

But no politician would ever conceive of such a real budget because the system is bought, by the lobbyists, and poloiticians want to stay in power more than they want to serve their constituents. If the lobbyists can be banned, and a real budget be passed, America could rule this world once more. Instead they'll just destroy it via Syria > Iran-Israel > Russia/China. And the plan is not to fix America. The plan is to lead America into confrontation with China and Russia and scrch the earth with madness. And from the ashes with arise the Final Solution. One World, One Government, One Bank, One Currency. End Game.

Shame, because America really could lead the world into a new dawn of awakening and prosperity. Just a shame the government has been completely and utterly infested with Zionist cockroaches.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

They don't have miles to go, they have light years to go before fixing that budget!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the way i see it is before anyone can even think about balancing the budget

1.end the federal reserve end the printing of dollars to the point where it has become worthless and end the endless borrowing.
2. end globalization such as outsourcing and a world economy the reasons we are out in the world is because business and industry and oil has left this country and we go elsewhere to keep the standard of living americans have become so accustomed.
3. how much wealth and how many jobs would that create give people the alternative and make it more attractive to getting on any government assistance program.
4. a flat or consumption taxes where it doesn't matter no matter how much you make EVERYONE PAYS no more tax breaks for anyone A TRUE FAIR TAX YOU MAKE MONEY YOU PAY.
5. make going on welfare and any government program so hard and get the over 60 million people in this country on it hate the ever living hell out of it.

as long as america continually depends on business and oil abroad dont even think about cutting defense until you end globalization which will never happen which is why a balanced budget will never happen and which is why a nanny state will never last.

everytime congress creates a new regulation a business leaves this country a person becomes out of work and a person is forced onto a entitlement program and of course this has been happening for decades and today is the result of it.

there is nothing and noone who can stop any of it there is too much greed in this country and its not the greed who people normally blame.

the nannystate is nothing but total control over peoples lives and the idiotic americans welcome it because it has become so easy to have someone else do everything for them.

why o why america have you become a sad pathetic former existence of yourself.

think about it this way the more jobs people have the more they are paying into social security the more people are making and the less government has to pay for welfare and entitlement programs.
edit on 12-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Getting off heroin is not easy or nice. (As I understand it) But in order to be healthy, people who are addicted to the drug need to go through withdrawl before they get better.
The American public is HOOKED. And no matter how you're feeling now, no matter how much you try to rationalize it, we, as a country, need to get off the government drug.

Raising the debt ceiling is like raising the blood alcohol limit. It does nothing for the people, and encourages just more "abuse".

*golly, am I on a drug/alcohol kick or what!?!?!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
i agree with all the posters thus far. Cut needless spending, bring our focus back here at home, and reorganize. But the only way we can do that, is by voting some one in that is outside the normal realm.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
One thing shuts down this entire thread in one phrase and one phrase alone is really all that has to be said and that is the following :

The fact that sites like this with US based entities continue to exist and run efficiently is testament to the fact that in reality we have not lost one freedom, one right.

We were under a Defacto Dictatorship from Sept 01 - Dec 08 and was restored back to the nation we all love this is where we want to take this nation, forward towards harmony instead of backwards into deciet and dictatorial policies.

Every order/decree issued by 43 that was detrimental or harmful to the nation has since been destroyed and overturned by Obama as what one Pres does today another can undo given new evidence to the contrary tommorrow
edit on 12-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
One thing shuts down this entire thread in one phrase and one phrase alone is really all that has to be said and that is the following :

The fact that sites like this with US based entities continue to exist and run efficiently is testament to the fact that in reality we have not lost one freedom, one right.

We were under a Defacto Dictatorship from Sept 01 - Dec 08 and was restored back to the nation we all love this is where we want to take this nation, forward towards harmony instead of backwards into deciet and dictatorial policies.

Every order/decree issued by 43 that was detrimental or harmful to the nation has since been destroyed and overturned by Obama as what one Pres does today another can undo given new evidence to the contrary tommorrow

Then you arent up to date with facts. The current administration Im sorry to inform you, has not overturned anything from 43. Instead, just expanded on what 43 implemented.

Bush expanded more than LBj ever did, and now, Obama has only expanded from that. Obamas agenda has not been a reversal of bush, but rather, an extension. Obama, became more reckless in spending, extended the Patriot Act that he so adamantly argued, prolonged the wars in ME, and now involved with yet another war, without congressional approval. Obama has maintained the same policies as his predecessor. Sorry, but with those known facts, i adamantly disagree.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Then you arent up to date with facts. The current administration Im sorry to inform you, has not overturned anything from 43. Instead, just expanded on what 43 implemented.

Bush expanded more than LBj ever did, and now, Obama has only expanded from that. Obamas agenda has not been a reversal of bush, but rather, an extension. Obama, became more reckless in spending, extended the Patriot Act that he so adamantly argued, prolonged the wars in ME, and now involved with yet another war, without congressional approval. Obama has maintained the same policies as his predecessor. Sorry, but with those known facts, i adamantly disagree.

Obama ordered all 43 era policies suspended and under something called "In Retainership Pending Further Review" meaning that all draconian policies have been ended for now until they can be re-examined.

Find me one darn thing that says Obama has killed The Constitution as he clearly has not. The Constitution was ordered reinstated in full in 2009 and do not care if anyone likes it or does not.

The Dictatorship is over and is not ever going to happen again. You are misinformed my friend and do not care if you disagree or not as this is the current policy and that is all that matters. Stop playing the "Left-v-Right" card please.

PATRIOT is a tool of TPTB and has absolutely nothing to do with us.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Obama ordered all 43 era policies suspended and under something called "In Retainership Pending Further Review" meaning that all draconian policies have been ended for now until they can be re-examined.

Find me one darn thing that says Obama has killed The Constitution as he clearly has not. The Constitution was ordered reinstated in full in 2009 and do not care if anyone likes it or does not.

The Dictatorship is over and is not ever going to happen again. You are misinformed my friend and do not care if you disagree or not as this is the current policy and that is all that matters. Stop playing the "Left-v-Right" card please.

I in no way have played the left vs right card on this thread. After researching, I was unable to find anything that suggests Obama ordered all 43 era policies suspended and under something called "In Retainership Pending Further Review" meaning that all draconian policies have been ended for now until they can be re-examined. The only EO's implemented have been Gitmo issue, stem cells, interrogation tactics, and social services.

If you would, please submit viable evidence to validate your claim. Im interested in reading what you may have to provide. Currently your arguments are based off of emotion, rather than facts.

Please try again~

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I in no way have played the left vs right card on this thread. After researching, I was unable to find anything that suggests Obama ordered all 43 era policies suspended and under something called "In Retainership Pending Further Review" meaning that all draconian policies have been ended for now until they can be re-examined. The only EO's implemented have been Gitmo issue, stem cells, interrogation tactics, and social services.

If you would, please submit viable evidence to validate your claim. Im interested in reading what you may have to provide. Currently your arguments are based off of emotion, rather than facts.

Please try again~

I cannot provide links or sources but do trust this is real. What freedoms or rights have you yourself specificially lost in the last 27 months exactly? None, how many did we all almost lose between that period between 01 - 08? Nearly all.

I care not nor do I employ emotion while on this site hence how I structure every single post here. I use fact based upon both reality and the law. I use facts and do not beleive in theories as that is just someone else's opnion which is claimless in most cases. The fact we still hold elections should be testament to the fact that The Constitution has successfully survived for yet another decade and will be law from now on out.

Something called "Executive Privleage" allows Obama to overturn and undo any policy of any previous administration and does not need nor is required to seek the permission of either The Congress, The Supreme Court before acting.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Please try again~

I cannot provide links or sources but do trust this is real. What freedoms or rights have you yourself specificially lost in the last 27 months exactly? None, how many did we all almost lose between that period between 01 - 08? Nearly all.

To answer your above question:

What freedoms or rights have you yourself specificially lost in the last 27 months exactly?

Have you flown in last two and half years? Did you enjoy the ongoing infringement of the 4th Amendment right? Did you enjoy the molestation you received in public, which btw, was in full view of the public?

You claim that you and others haven't had any dramatic effect on your rights, only because you may not have experienced anything directly personal in your life. Open your eyes man, surely you cant be that naive?

Kinda blows your statement about having " none " of my rights impacted huh?

ETA: not being able to provide links nor sources, basically makes your argument have little to no merit.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

someone has seemed to have forgotten obamacare and the clean air act not to mention gas prices and food prices have continued to rise nonstop for the past two years,

but your rights have not been impacted eh

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

someone has seemed to have forgotten obamacare and the clean air act not to mention gas prices and food prices have continued to rise nonstop for the past two years,

but your rights have not been impacted eh

The list is long that is true. Some folks just can't see past the media hype? For someone to suggest that the Constitution is " back " in place is mind boggling? And to further suggest that our rights and liberties have not been impacted....its like gessh, what rock have you been living under?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

indeed man indeed.

only going to get worse tho when that is what they all believe

no no your life is better under obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its as if, without someone approaching them with documented facts, that may effect their personal lives, they go about business oblivious.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
CNN
articles.cnn.com...
OLITICS

World Socialist Web Site :
www.wsws.org...

MSNBC's "Countdown With Keith Olbermann" from Mar 04 2009 -
www.youtube.com...

This is proof.

Nine Bush memos confirm that the US was a "Defacto Dictatorship" from about Sept 01 - Dec 08.!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

CNN
articles.cnn.com...
OLITICS

World Socialist Web Site :
www.wsws.org...

MSNBC's "Countdown With Keith Olbermann" from Mar 04 2009 -
www.youtube.com...

This is proof.

Nine Bush memos confirm that the US was a "Defacto Dictatorship" from about Sept 01 - Dec 08.!

Take a moment, and breathe. No one is denying that under 43rd we lived in a dictatorship. We still are under the rule of thumb. But using liberally biased sources, as your only and main basis of argument is clearly closed minded.

I mean really? World Socialist Web Site?
That sounds real lucrative to the discussion. Do you even know what socialist is?

I highly recommend reading Ludwig von Mises, and you may learn something?

CNN and MSNBC?
BWAHAHA! Surely you can't be that naive into believing that those 2 sources are oh so fair and balanced? Your funny! gave me a good laugh thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Also, heres a thread I think you will find as a viable source to educate yourself. Go ahead, give it a try! Learning something new is always stimulating!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join