It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Nanny State Can't Last

page: 4
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
post by TheImmaculateD1[/url]

No it is not, you want to see an unregulated Government, go to China!


Where they sentence CEO's to death for causing harm?
edit on 14-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
post by TheImmaculateD1[/url]

No it is not, you want to see an unregulated Government, go to China!


Where they sentence CEO's to death for causing harm?
edit on 14-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)


Yup, the plant owner in China who Mattel leased from in 2008 that was the centre of the lead paint disaster was put to death. If you willingly put a product on market that killed someone and you covered it up guess what, off with your .. Plain and simple.
edit on 14-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Several have been over the past 5 years.

And that represents a lack of regulation to you?



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Several have been over the past 5 years.

And that represents a lack of regulation to you?


This is what regulation should be about, keeping Govt empowered to serve as a watchdog over those with the money to cause harm. Deregulation means you'd be literately playing Russian Roulette everytime you bought something.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1



Under Lincoln the nation did not become tyrannical and to sit there and defend racists and slavery makes you racist,


Evidently it is you who needs an education.




If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it


Guess who said that. Abrahm Freaking Lincoln.




"I am not now, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social or political equality of the white and black races


Guess who said that little gem. Yup, once again Abe Lincoln.

Lincoln raped the Constitution, and you claim that wasn't tyranny?

He confiscated private property, threw due process out the window and imprisoned countless people (including journalists who opposed the war) and simply raped the entire process known as states rights.

Should I link the definition of tyranny for you?

Using your own comments, you are a racist for supporting Lincoln, since he was a proven racist.
edit on 14-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Okay, so the government should be killing people who participate in bad business.

Just so we know where you stand.

Now what about those wonderful EPA and FDA officials who consistently give these businesses a pass on a fine? Death as well? Just checking consistency.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Okay, so the government should be killing people who participate in bad business.

Just so we know where you stand.

Now what about those wonderful EPA and FDA officials who consistently give these businesses a pass on a fine? Death as well? Just checking consistency.


Death to them as well.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1



Under Lincoln the nation did not become tyrannical and to sit there and defend racists and slavery makes you racist,


Evidently it is you who needs an education.




If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it


Guess who said that. Abrahm Freaking Lincoln.




"I am not now, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social or political equality of the white and black races


Guess who said that little gem. Yup, once again Abe Lincoln.

Lincoln raped the Constitution, and you claim that wasn't tyranny?

He confiscated private property, threw due process out the window and imprisoned countless people (including journalists who opposed the war) and simply raped the entire process known as states rights.

Should I link the definition of tyranny for you?

Using your own comments, you are a racist for supporting Lincoln, since he was a proven racist.
edit on 14-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)


It may not've been his intention to free the slaves but he did do it.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Death to them as well.


Okay. I think that's about all I needed. Folks can read it for themselves.

Thanks for playing.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Lol you are hilarious.


And you are a racist.




posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Death to them as well.


Okay. I think that's about all I needed. Folks can read it for themselves.

Thanks for playing.


The consumer requires protection from entities who want to destroy and harm them.

To leave the consumer high and dry all while milking the yap out of them to get every last dollar they have is atrocious.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


What part of dead customers are not good customers do you not understand?

Or is it simply a lack of experience in the real world and you just cannot comprehend it?



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Lol you are hilarious.


And you are a racist.



I am from the homecity of The Statue Of Liberty and see people of more faiths and ethnicities in a day then most see in a year. Do not dare to say I am a racist as I hate and despise racists.
edit on 14-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Using your own comments, you are a racist for supporting Lincoln, since he was a proven racist.


And the confederacy was a force of anti racist goodness and tolerance




Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.

That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove.

The hostility to this institution commenced before the adoption of the Constitution, and was manifested in the well-known Ordinance of 1787, in regard to the Northwestern Territory.

The feeling increased, until, in 1819-20, it deprived the South of more than half the vast territory acquired from France.

The same hostility dismembered Texas and seized upon all the territory acquired from Mexico.

It has grown until it denies the right of property in slaves, and refuses protection to that right on the high seas, in the Territories, and wherever the government of the United States had jurisdiction.

It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.

It tramples the original equality of the South under foot.

It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union, and has utterly broken the compact which our fathers pledged their faith to maintain.

It advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst.


sunsite.utk.edu...



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Your words:



sit there and defend racists and slavery makes you racist,


You are defending a proven racist. Using your logic in your comments above, that makes you one as well.

Enjoy your racism?



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


What part of dead customers are not good customers do you not understand?

Or is it simply a lack of experience in the real world and you just cannot comprehend it?


Oh yes, the Machine of Chinese production and exportation cares about the well being of the recipients of
their garbage

That process works REAL well


Real world



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red
 


Not sure what that has to do with my comments to another poster, but uh thanks for posting that I guess.

I never claimed, nor implied the south didnt support racism or slavery, I was simply proving another fool wrong.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


From page 3, you stated and I quote:



Under Lincoln the nation did not become tyrannical and to sit there and defend racists and slavery makes you racist


You cry foul, and call people racists, and yet you have no knowledge of Lincoln, and defend Lincolns stance, and yet have the audacity to argue the very thing you wish to decry? BWAHAHAH!!!


Then you suggest Government should be empowered to serve as a " watchdog'? Not much for free enterprise are ya?

Never mind, you answered my question with this quote:




you want to see an unregulated Government, go to China!


You obviously have no education on regulation or the lack there of!


Then to top it all off?!! After calling people racists, your suggested corrective actions is to kill off everyone who may have a bad business owner ship sense?

And then to make matters worse, you defend Lincoln, argue those things you wish to decry, then turn around and question the freeing of slaves?



It may not've been his intention to free the slaves but he did do it.


Are you seriously suggesting that Lincoln should not have freed the slaves? You above comment suggests that you question that act?

Wow, I think re-runs of Sesame street would do you loads of good!



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Your words:



sit there and defend racists and slavery makes you racist,


You are defending a proven racist. Using your logic in your comments above, that makes you one as well.

Enjoy your racism?


What I defended is the fact Lincoln was a major supporter of The Emanicipation Procolomation which started the framework to end slavery. Why would a racist support a measure like that?



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Not a fan of history are you?

Lincoln believed freeing the slaves would keep the union intact, it had nothing to do with the blacks themselves.

As the comments I posted show, he cared nothing for the negro.

He admitted that.

You support him, and by your own admission, anyone who defends a racist is a racist himself.

Lincoln was a tyrant, too bad Booth didn't get the job done earlier.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join