It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CENCUS part2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
hi,after not filling in my census questionnaire i recieved this letter yesterday....

Dear Householder

We recently sent you a sencus questionnaire and asked you to complete it on 27 march 2011,or as soon as possible afterwards.According to our system,as of the date of this letter,we have not recieved your completed questionnaire.

the quickest way to get it back to us is to complete it online.Go to www.census.gov.uk and use the internet access code on the front of your questionnaire.

Completion and return of the census questionnaire is a legal requirement under the census act 1920, the Census (England and Wales) Order 2009, the Cencus (england) Regulations 2010 and the Census (Wales) regulations 2010. Failure to return a completed questionnaire could lead to prosecution and a fine of up to £1000.

Census information is important and is used to help plan and fund the services that you, your family and your community will need in the years ahead. Census statistics will describe your area and highlight local need for services like schools, public transport and hospitals.

Your personal information is protected by law and is kept confidential for 100 years

If you have already completed and returned your census questionnaire within the last few days, please ignore this letter.

yours faithfully

G Watson
2011 Census Director
Office for national Statitics

Any advice would be great, do i stand my ground and just ignore it because like other people said on my other thread "im not filling it in they have all my info so what more do they want" or do i bow down to them,im only torn because i have my little girl to think about and fines and jail would not be in my best interest...like i said any advice will be taken on board..many thx in advance..dave

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Well, if it's the same info as last time - what's the harm?

edit - tiem for year
edit on 12-4-2011 by hdchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just send it in... Obviously it was made a law for the area you live in. If you "choose" (i know its not all choice) to live there then abide by the law. Or pay the fine and get counted in the other "system".

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Dave if you have a child to think about, then it's probably in your interest to just fill the thing out and send it back....

Me, not having any children to worry about, threw it straight in the bin and will continue to do so until they come round with the police to arrest me.

If you look closely it's an "ACT" of parliament... ACTing is all they're doing.

I personally don't listen to ACTors and will certainly not bow down to any of them.

If you have time and you're interested in the law and how it can work in your favour (not against you like it normally is) take some time to google "John Harris"

The info I got from this guy is invaluable, and will serve me well in the 'police state' we call a Country.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I also recieved the Consensus 2 in the mail. I filled out the first one and sent it to them. Then they sent another one. I sat on it for a month or two before they sent the same letter. I was gonna just ignore 'em and tell to suck a fat one, but my dad convinced me to just fill it in and he'd send it for me.

I already complied to my "legal" responsibility to send the first one in, so why should I comply with a second one?
After much thought, we decided it was probably best to avoid any unwanted attention by Gov.

The questions were almost the same as the first one, so I don't get the point of the second one.

...sorry, I missed the part about you being in the UK. I am in america. But I suppose it's the same kinda thing.
edit on 4/12/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If you are not going to fill in anything, do not answer the door when they come calling either. Have no communication whatsoever then you are acknowledging nothing at all.

If you reply to them to state that you are not filling it in or answer the door and speak a word. You will get a fine because you are participating.

Either fill it in or do not, make your mind up and stick with your choice because if you fart about changing your mind all the time your probably going to fill this out in a few more weeks then get a fine through your door.

You cannot get jail time for not completing a census form so do not worry yourself over that.

edit on 12-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
And there is a few words for pondering over too ...
You stated that the letter says

Your personal information is protected by law

Therefore you do not have to give out your personal information.. it's protected...under the same law system they are using to scare you into filling out this form...

If this type of wording baffles you slightly, then read through a thread i made a few weeks ago..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And remember that apparently 7,000,000 people in the UK did not return their form this time..
A police officer told me he threw his in the bin as it was a breach of his human rights (which would come under the same sentence as was stated in your letter (Your personal information is protected by law) but he did not tell me if he did it online or not.. ..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

A 100-strong unit of "non compliance" officers is authorised to visit any home where the census form is not filled in and conduct interviews to gather evidence against householders should they decline to participate in the national survey, said the Office for National Statistics. Anyone who repeatedly refuses to take part risks a fine of up to £1,000. More than a million people were missed in the 2001 census, but only 38 were prosecuted for not complying with thelegal obligation to fill in the form.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Notice the wording of this report, it tells you why you would be fined but hardly anyone reads these days.

Anyone who repeatedly refuses to take part risks a fine of up to £1,000

If you tell them you are not filling the census in, you will get a fine. Which means, if you answer the door and say no, if you send the census form back incomplete or with NO written on it or any other form of communication that says a clear no will cause you to be fined.

If you completely ignore the census and anyone associated with it 100%, nothing will happen.

I guarantee you that the 38 people who recieved a fine with the previous census did so because they told the government that they were not filling this in or they called or had some form of communication.

Im still waiting for my £1000 cheque that I want before I fill out the census

You dont get anything for nothing from them so they aint getting any of my time for free either but they will never know that because I keep my mouth and my door firmly shut.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Plead ignorance and say you never received the original or the reminder letter.

Once mail leaves a premises it is in the hands of the Royal Mail and the sender cannot guarantee. They could never prove you got it unless they send it recorded

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

hi xxxn30,im in england ive had 2 letters all ready ive answerd no doors to my address, but my ex partner has at her place and they gave her another form there and then and now thay r harrasing her shes had 2 people inquireing as to why she hasnt filld it in..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

If I'm not mistaken,you don't have to fill them out it's voluntary.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by XXXN3O

hi xxxn30,im in england ive had 2 letters all ready ive answerd no doors to my address, but my ex partner has at her place and they gave her another form there and then and now thay r harrasing her shes had 2 people inquireing as to why she hasnt filld it in..

It might be best for your ex partner to fill the form in if they have spoken with them because that can be seen as refusal.

When it comes to yourself however...

If you do not communicate with anyone regarding a census form, how can they prove you live there?

If you do not refuse or accept, how can they possibly say you are refusing or accepting?

They can only fine you if you refuse to fill it in, thats what the fine is for after all, refusal to comply.

They are not allowed to cross reference any other data that they have in different departments, so even if they know everything about you down to how big your toes are, it does not mean they can use that information against you when it comes to this census.

I would still say that if you are worried about this and feel out of your depth or really unsure etc, fill the thing in because if you are dithering about you might trip yourself up by answering a door or coming back to your house and someones standing in your drive etc.

Either way I think its really important to make a clear decision and stick with it to the end, you cant change your mind if you decide not to fill this out and whatever choice you make, be sure to let the thing rest and get it out of your head, there is no point in worrying about what is done if you get me. If you choose not to fill it in, just remember not to open your mouth to anyone that is knocking on your door that has a clipboard and do not post anything back to the census address.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

hi,thx for the advice,my ex answerd her door to these people so they know that she knows shes been informed of what she has to do,as for me ive recieved 2 letters to my abode non of which ive responded to and they are still addresed to THE OCUPIER...so im ok as it seems for now...cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

hi,thx for the advice,my ex answerd her door to these people so they know that she knows shes been informed of what she has to do,as for me ive recieved 2 letters to my abode non of which ive responded to and they are still addresed to THE OCUPIER...so im ok as it seems for now...cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I hate to lower myself to such aggressive behaviour but I must just this once.

Stop being a little conspiratorial bitch and just fill the damn thing in. You seem like the kind of moron who refuses to vote yet complains about what's being done in the country.

You don't get a say unless you take part. I'm into conspiracies myself but the Census? Filled and sent in within days.

I can't even imagine what kind of useless junk you fill your daughter's head with if you can't even make up your own mind and fill in a form that's pretty much legally required to help you and your community for the next decade until the new census.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

hi,after not filling in my census questionnaire i recieved this letter yesterday....

Dear Householder

We recently sent you a sencus questionnaire and asked you to complete it on 27 march 2011,or as soon as possible afterwards.According to our system,as of the date of this letter,we have not recieved your completed questionnaire.

the quickest way to get it back to us is to complete it online.Go to www.census.gov.uk and use the internet access code on the front of your questionnaire.

Completion and return of the census questionnaire is a legal requirement under the census act 1920, the Census (England and Wales) Order 2009, the Cencus (england) Regulations 2010 and the Census (Wales) regulations 2010. Failure to return a completed questionnaire could lead to prosecution and a fine of up to £1000.

Census information is important and is used to help plan and fund the services that you, your family and your community will need in the years ahead. Census statistics will describe your area and highlight local need for services like schools, public transport and hospitals.

Your personal information is protected by law and is kept confidential for 100 years

If you have already completed and returned your census questionnaire within the last few days, please ignore this letter.

yours faithfully

G Watson
2011 Census Director
Office for national Statitics

Any advice would be great, do i stand my ground and just ignore it because like other people said on my other thread "im not filling it in they have all my info so what more do they want" or do i bow down to them,im only torn because i have my little girl to think about and fines and jail would not be in my best interest...like i said any advice will be taken on board..many thx in advance..dave

How to fix it:

Fill the form out. All answers that require a letter answer fill out as if you were smashing you're head into the keyboard. eg: You're Religion: DSADGDASHRNEJNKJREWZSDF

For tick box questions - Tick them All. Including ticking out the the text which says which box is what.

All number answerd questions..... that's easy... the answer is allways 3.14159265

Send it back, enjoy knowing you're not going to get a fine, they did not get what they wanted at all, and the person tasked with reading it back in the office is going to be facepalming or bashing their heads into the wall.

how to handle the door to door guys.

Go do you're gardening. Dump all clippings directly infront of the front door. Bring you're garbage bin's infront of the door first and dump the clippings ontop if you've got a mini garden and cant block you're door entirely with clippings. Make a private property - tresspassing sign and stick it on you're back gate. Grab a webcam and point it out the back window so its easily in sight and is seen to be viewing the back gate. That way census workers cant ring you're doorbell, and wont be game to try knocking on you're back door.

For people whom live in units or places with no back yard/back door to get out. There has to be one language you like trying to impersonate right. Mine is german. Put on the accent, tell them you're a uni student and you dont "live/permnant resident" in the country that you're in. And the country who's accent your'e faking has warned you not to fill out these forms if given during you're time over here as they believe you're government need to stop sticking their nose where it doesnt belong and selling the information to 3rd parties. If they try to argue - learn a 4 word thing from that country's language. Scream that repeatidly and close the door.

You're not a resident of that country i dont believe they can force you to fill them out.
edit on 12-4-2011 by TigaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

DONT U FEKING DARE TALK ABOUT my daughter like that u know nothing of my daughter
nor her heart conditions,i have to say this MODS because my daughter is in birmingham
childrens hospital tomorrow for another heart scan,u are a spineless imbecile with the iq
untestable,you are a big man behind your computer screen and living your life through others
i love ats and all the people that give me their advice but that kind of talk is totally out
of order... apologies mods if i spoke to much

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I hate to lower myself to such aggressive behaviour but I must just this once

REALY thats cntradictive sentence,i might just this once lower my self to aggresive bahaviour and kill someone
oh but no hard feelings because its only the once...i hope people see what you realy are and avoid you like the plague..sorry for the rant my other friends but this person is a heartless idiot he gets of on other peoples problems
edit on 13-4-2011 by davesmart because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

apologies mods if i spoke to much

How about taking the Cencus form to you're daughter the next time you see her and she is able to draw/color in.

Tell her stickybeaks want to know private stuff about her and your family. And you will get in trouble unless someone in the family fills out the form.

Get her creativity going. Maybe start her with the idea of drawing lines from text to make shapes - like those glass colored windows that look shatterd into different ares of red, blue, green, etc etc.

If you want to be safe and put text in areas - play a game like I spy and get her to write the answer to the game in the text areas and color around it.

Two birds one stone? An Occupier has filled in the census form, and you have spent time and had fun with you're daughter?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You could always do what I did!?
I filled it all in like a good little boy however not necessarily with the right information...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join