It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby Slams Trump, Stuns Meredith Vieira Into Silence (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think old Bill hit it right on the nail with his sentiments on D. Trump..

Great video here..

scroll down to the video and watch the whole thing..

thoughts?

Bill Cosby stunned Meredith Vieira into silence when he criticized Donald Trump on Thursday's "Today" show. Cosby was on the show to discuss education, but his segment was following Vieira's interview with Trump about his presidential aspirations. Besides the buckets of controversy Trump has caused with his descent into birtherism, he has also been very cagey about his presidential aspirations. This clearly rankled Cosby, and when Vieira happened to mention Trump's name, he cut in. "Oh please with Donald Trump," he said. "Take him home with you." "Now why do you say that?" Vieira said. "Because he's full of it," Cosby responded. There was at least a three-second silence--an eternity in television. Then, Vieira softly asked, "based on what?" "Based on what I just heard," Cosby said, castigating Trump for not announcing his intentions. "You run, or shut up...but the only thing he's running is his mouth." "Well, on that note, Bill Cosby..we'll see if he runs," Vieira said, somewhat awkwardly. "I don't care!" Cosby said.

video here

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Cosby sure did take the Racial card on that one. Last I heard he was not for Obama but now he wants to tow the line and blame everything on Bush when Obama has only made things worse, A lot worse.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I can't trust what Trump does. He's in the big money club.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
yeah, cosby's good for a wacky quote.

dude's getting OLD. He's like Unkle whatshisname from the boondocks.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Haha, way to go Bill. Gotta get him a puddin' cup after that.
Also the hostess had a nice pair of legs.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I love Bill Cosby. He has said some unpopular things more than once, and I applaud him for not being a politically correct suck up. Be honest. Not everyone is going to like it, or you, but so what. There is enough bull hockey in the world already.

Honestly, he was a lot nicer about Trump than I would have been. And not because I am a big fan of Obama, either. Im not.

But rather because Donald Trump even thinking about running is as ridiculous as Sarah Palin running. Its just making an absolute mockery of our democracy. Why not have Barney the Purple Dinosaur run on the Democratic ticket?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Uh oh
Somebody mentioned race.
I'm sure this thread will be pulled now.
Oh. Only if it is racism against whites being reported.
That is when they get pulled,

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I totally agree with you there IAG..

I was going to post the youtube video,,

but it was removed due to violating T & C of youtube..

Go figure..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Unfortunately, it comes down to political parties and racism, bottom line in this instance. Sure you can say Crosby, whom I greatly admire, is a card-carrying Democrat and that is all it was. But you have to keep in mind that Maridarth was taken aback by Trump's strong words. Having failed in defending Obama with Trump, she would have been quite willing for Cosby to "carry the water," so to speak. The proper protocol would have been for her to steer the discussion to Cosby's supposed topic, but she got more stars, by basically asking Cosby to speak his mind. From this clip here, he did a poor job, a street reply. What then, what could he say?

And you should wonder, why it was that a mouth-piece for Obama followed Trump when they knew some of what he would be talking about.

Let Obama show his critical records and all of that birther stuff will go away, Trump will loss most of his support and Obama can again claim the office in '12.

Is that what he is waiting for a big birther momentum to gain traction and that he can destroy by producing a honest BC? Hey, this is getting exciting!
edit on 11-4-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Cosby sure did take the Racial card on that one. Last I heard he was not for Obama but now he wants to tow the line and blame everything on Bush when Obama has only made things worse, A lot worse.

So... At the risk of being a tad controversial, something obviously unprecedented at ATS.

What part of what Cosby said was playing the race card?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
way to go Bill!!! i love Bill and all he said is what everyone else wants too but Bill actually has the pudding pops to say it...its like either "sh#t or get off the pot"when it comes to Trump runnig...i know im tired of his bs...hes just doing it all to ramp up his ratings for his retarded show celebirty apprentice...shoot,i would vote for Gary Busey's crazy a#s before i voted for Trump...
edit on 11-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Here is D. Trumps response to what Bill had to say..

While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him — the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest — he was always so nice, saying 'let’s get together' —— asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a 'great tailor,'" Trump said. “In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up. I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently 'you run or shut up,' " Trump added, saying Cosby must know that "I cannot run until this season of 'Celebrity Apprentice' ends." He went on, "I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my 'green room' in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought." Read more: www.politico.com...

source

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Grumpy old men FTW. He said what he said and he doesn't care.
He did not pull the race card, by the way...he mentioned "the 3rd year of a catastrophe" and ALSO mentioned the other 8 years. Give that man some puddin', he deserves it after this, and Meredith...ehh nevermind. Bill Cosby!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

What a dip. So if Americans don't agree with something is he going to pull our pigtails and throw rocks at us too? His responses are so childish. "he blabbered"...good grief I haven't said blabbered since 7th grade, lol! This man is just a joke. I'm surprised he didn't call Bill fat and ugly like he did Rosie O'Donnell.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Did someone mention the "R" word? Maybe it was this guy....

KKK threats sent by Illinois Black man
April 10, 2011

Link :www.examiner.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Nice way to get your fraternity plugged in the thread.

Careful, I'm watching you. - Roger that?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why would we care what a rapist has to say about Donald Trump?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Why would we care what a rapist has to say about Donald Trump?

I dont know if I got this wrong, but what rapist are you talking about?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

The "racial card" is the white man's way of describing an unfavorable reaction from an "uppity" person.

Cosby is right about Trump. Trump is a windbag that would honestly do no better than Obama and Bush combined.

What makes you think that the Donald gives a crap about the poor and middle-class people?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
"I don't care!"

Hahahahaha! That was great. And to the jack ass who said he was pulling the race card because he mentioned Bush's 8-year train wreck with Obama's 3-year failed recovery from said train wreck: you are way off. By that rationale, you are playing the race card anytime you defend anybody who happens to be the same race as yourself. Mr. Cosby mentioned nothing about race.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join