It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf--most got the moral WRONG!!! of course sheeple would, they're not that brigh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I will spare the details of the story as I'm sure everyone knows them. But, most brainwashed morons took away from the story exactly what was spelled out for them. Very few actually understand the story. So, without insulting or hurting anyone's Ego further please ponder the following questions and/or statements:

1.) Did the wolf ever actually come and eat the sheep?
2.) Who forgot that part?
3.) Did the story possibly get altered over time?
4.) How dumb do you think some of the towns people felt, after they realized the sheep were dead?
5.) Did they then "shoot the messenger" and blame it all on the boy? thereby absolving theirselves from any guilt

What ifs:
1.) what if the boy actually saw the wolf, and startled the wolf away while running into town screaming and hollering about it. Yet when the sheeple (townsfolk) arrive, in their infinite wisdom combined with vanity and low IQ acted like many americans and quickly shut off their reasoning ability, relishing the opportunity to ridicule someone else as it would make them fit in and feel better about themselves.
2.) what if the boy sat there thinking "man, the town is kinda far. how many sheep could a wolf eat by the time people get back here after I have to warn them?"
3.) boy--"man, those townsfolk are kinda fat and lazy, what if they fall over in exhaustion of have hart attacks on their way here because they are so fat and lazy"
4.) boy--" i remember how doing fire drills, really seems to help everyone know what to do when it really happens."

I'm sure some will respond in typical fashion. Hopefully some others will get my point.

edit on 11-4-2011 by rebeldog because: grammar

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some people have waaaaay too much time on their hands... WOW.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The moral of the story is don't be a sheep!

Discover your inner wolf!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Interesting concept. You make a point.

But, it's a children's story, vague, and with a plot hole or two. Mixing it up to change the message is pretty easy. I guess I'm just not one for analogies.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Some people have waaaaay too much time on their hands... WOW.

So what do you suggest "some people" do with all that time?

"Some people" are waaaaay too condescending...WOW

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wow OP .... WOW. You got me thinking all sorts of stuff. Much kudos to you and your thoughts!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I always hated that story. I never could get passed why a single boy was left to guard an entire flock of sheep from a large predator like a wolf. Even as a child, I thought the town's people were idiots for letting a kid guard their sheep.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

in that case, I think anyone who comes onto ATS has waaaaaayyyy too much time on their hands.. your reasoning??
not mine of course.

I have been reflecting upon the massive mindf--k that public school put on many innocent children over time. Could it be that we were led to think a certain way based upon old fables?

Possibly, our intellect was shut off through insidious methods. Like--- having a scam in place, knowing the result you aare wishing to obtain. Then conning or manipulating a person into thinking they have, on their own accord, come up with the answer/solution. When all along, it was only the expected result of a slanted mission. It works perfectly because it plays upon ones Ego and feeds the Id, albeit in a negative way.

Have we all been tainted some way beyond what we are able to notice, without DEEPLY REFLECTING and QUESTIONING EVERYTHING?

the old computer programming adage "garbage in, garbage out"

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Thank You.

I have competed my task. If at least one person takes this seriously I am happy.

Hopefully this will in some small way 'plant a seed' into the minds of people. to always question and never just take what is given and blindly 'run with it'.

there is always more to a story. Inquisitive, Individual thought, Invetigating, Inquiring. the 4 I's

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Same here, I wanted to spend a day or two grilling my kindergarten teacher over this story. So much didn't make sense, and I never forgot it as it perplexed me so.

True the townspeople didn't follow the 5 P's---

1. Proper
2. Planning
3. Prevents
4. Pisspoor
5. Performance

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

what if the original story did not have a hole or two in the plot?

could the story have been so popular than it stuck, yet the true meaning had to be obscured and molested?

I feel that we are absolutey lost as a society and the only way to find our way is to go back to the beginning and rearrange our behavior..

Billy Madison for All

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Thanks, although I expected a little close minded ridicule from someone.

"Soldier of God" that name explains everything. shoot first ask questions later mentality maybe.

although, I do believe in a creator of some sort. just not able to narrow it down and unwilling to conquest my beliefs on others while possessing limited intellect.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think the sheep should have been confined with more secure electric fencing to prevent wolves attacking livestock. And wolves travel in packs so maybe have a ranger patrol the area with a rifle.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
The moral of the story is don't be a sheep!

Discover your inner wolf!

can't i just be a fluffy sheepywolfy creature?

also OP has a very good point.

top topics

join