It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont be afraid, The Global Currency is here and its run by the Good guys!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
A very good day and hello to all you ATSers! This is my first real thread and I hope I've picked the right forum.

I've mentioned this a couple of times on some global currency threads but thought it deserved its own thread especially as its now out of its beta phase.

For the past 12 months some old school friends of mine developing a website called Skillsbox.com
In a nutshell it's a service that allows people to trade your skills and time in return for virtual credits NOT money.

It was after a few drinks down the pub, whilst talking to one of the founding members that I realised that the credits being traded online were essentially a single global currency.

Then it dawned on me, these are my friends and good people not a big scary NWO. Let me give bit of background to how they came up with the idea.

There was no big vision of world domination or a desire to control how and when people spend their earnings, it was just an innocent simple idea that one of them had after being out of work and needing to repair a car windscreen but couldn't afford the cost of labor. After talking about his frustration they realised that they both had a pair of hands and trade-able skills (one's a designer and the other is a computer programmer) and wouldn't it be good if there was a service that could let them get things done by paying for other peoples time and skills with their time and skills. Nothing quite like it existed at the time so Skillsbox was born.

After a lot of re work on the system and how it operates they have just come out of their beta phase and are starting to work with charities.

If the Skillsbox credits are a true global currency then I'm glad its run by a couple of good lads and not some evil NWO.

Peace & Love

Your thoughts
edit on 11-4-2011 by MrSpiderMonkey because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Impossible to have a global currency.

A country like Rwanada with no major exports or even social services clearly cannot have currency of the same value of a country like Canada with massive oil/lumber/steel exports.

It would take a make global meltdown to implement such "credits", such as a post WW3 situation.

Oh wait...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
nice advertising

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's a neat proposal but kinda an old concept, it's essentially the bare bones origins of capitalism, wouldn't you say?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We have been warned about the "solution" to be presented in the most beautifull way enough to convince people and fall in the trap.

It is another brainwashing scheme. I am sorry, this wont fool anyone who have their eyes opened.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Supposedly by means of a holographic projection in all the skys on the planet of 'God'

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Impossible to have a global currency.

A country like Rwanada with no major exports or even social services clearly cannot have currency of the same value of a country like Canada with massive oil/lumber/steel exports.

It would take a make global meltdown to implement such "credits", such as a post WW3 situation.

Oh wait...

Isn't there already some form of global currency that the IMFor world bank uses or something. FDR's or SDR's or something with DR's at the end? (sorry for my un informative post)
edit on 11-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oldsoulnewmind

Yeah I guess its the same concept, I just like the idea that there's a possible alternative to potentially take the power away from the old institutions who have completely balls'd things up.

The charity bit sounds good too charity. Over here in the UK we've suffered huge funding cuts across the board and charities have been hit pretty hard. This could offer them a potential lifeline.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This system already exists and has done for some time. It's called LETS which stands for Local Enterprise Trading Scheme and it allows people to trade skills and even articles with an imaginary LETS currency. It's nationwide, it's a success and it's been around for a while.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Yes indeed. They mentioned LETS however I don't think it had been centralized into a single online community and just relied on people to start their own local groups. Apparently people have built houses using LETS schemes!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
First you must inflate, destroy, and own the power to create a worldwide currency. That means murdering all other currencies/economies and rebuilding from the ground up. So when somebody mentions a country like Rwanda not having the same level @ the moment but when all countries "need/beg" for leadership we may all be on the same level.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have worked with something similar a few years ago at a restaurant I managed. Companies would sign up and pay for the paper and printing supplies and the money could be transfered between businesses for their services. We would pay the company to clean the grill hoods with the currency, they would use that money at a cooperating supplier and also be able to use it to pay for food in our restaurant. It only worked out for a few months, then everyone forgot about it. It was a good thing while it lasted and saved us a good amount of money. The only issue I see is making it stick. Awesome proposal though. I wish more people would come up with good stuff like that.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Nice, that scheme sounded really good. I guess when times are hard people look to alternatives like this. Its a shame it never kept going.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There are quite a few similar schemes around the place, some are doing reasonably well. How does yours hold up against fraud? Say to people get together and pretend they done heaps of work for each other to build up credits.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I just got off the phone to one of the guys, its covered in their FAQ section.

27) Can the Skillsbox credit system be cheated?

No it can’t. All account sign-up and activity is closely monitored for security. Each member is only allowed one account, based on their email address which is tied to their individual IP address (a numerical label assigned to your computer).

For someone to illicitly top up their credit balance, whether by themselves or in collaboration with someone else, they would have to have earned the credits in the first place to generate them. A good way for members to police the site themselves would be to set-up their own Group and only allow other members with proven track records to join, e.g. good feedback, a high Skillsbox score. Be the first to set up a Group in your area!

Credits can only be transferred using a JCN (Job Completion Number) which can only be issued once by the employer when the job is completed and not before.

If you suspect a Skillsbox member not to be complying with the rules then report them by emailing us at [email protected] and we’ll look into their activity on the site. A profile can be suspended, removed and/or a member banned without notice

They use a feed back system similar to eBay's which means there is a degree of self policing on there, if you're not sure about someone you can check their feedback history and see when they've joined and the number of jobs they've completed. They also closely monitor accounts for unusual behavior, i.e. jobs consistently only taking place between two people.

Also the good thing is is that the credits have to be earned from somewhere real in the first place, someone can't just magically give themselves a load of credits. Its one account per person I guess based on email, IP etc but if someone does manage to create multiple accounts then they will only ever be passing around the same amount of credits between themselves, and if they want to get more credits they must actually do some work.

edit on 12-4-2011 by MrSpiderMonkey because: added quote from the faq section

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Its called the barter system.

Perhaps this will replace money in the US now the monetary system has collapsed?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpiderMonkey
A very good day and hello to all you ATSers! This is my first real thread and I hope I've picked the right forum.

I've mentioned this a couple of times on some global currency threads but thought it deserved its own thread especially as its now out of its beta phase.

For the past 12 months some old school friends of mine developing a website called Skillsbox.com
In a nutshell it's a service that allows people to trade your skills and time in return for virtual credits NOT money.

It was after a few drinks down the pub, whilst talking to one of the founding members that I realised that the credits being traded online were essentially a single global currency.

Then it dawned on me, these are my friends and good people not a big scary NWO. Let me give bit of background to how they came up with the idea.

There was no big vision of world domination or a desire to control how and when people spend their earnings, it was just an innocent simple idea that one of them had after being out of work and needing to repair a car windscreen but couldn't afford the cost of labor. After talking about his frustration they realised that they both had a pair of hands and trade-able skills (one's a designer and the other is a computer programmer) and wouldn't it be good if there was a service that could let them get things done by paying for other peoples time and skills with their time and skills. Nothing quite like it existed at the time so Skillsbox was born.

After a lot of re work on the system and how it operates they have just come out of their beta phase and are starting to work with charities.

If the Skillsbox credits are a true global currency then I'm glad its run by a couple of good lads and not some evil NWO.

Peace & Love

Your thoughts
edit on 11-4-2011 by MrSpiderMonkey because: typo

How about we just start our own private monetary networks and cut you out altogether?

We can even have a virtual credit union and virtual banks(interest free).

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's in a perfect world for this system to stay successful. I hope it come to that someday. I do not want to be a slave to the NWO.

top topics

join