It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info on how and why to buy Silver and Gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
To me it's dead obvious. The elite deal in Gold and Silver, they don't care a whit for paper money unless they can turn it into a precious metal or fob it off onto some poor smuck.
In addition, there's more of us then there is of them, if we "the people" buy up the coins then they have less which means they have less power.
Here's a good article: Ten Commandments For Buying Gold & Silver By Twisted Titan at: www.bestmetalresearch.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

What about Palladium and Yttrium? Seem like a way better play don't they?

Gold and Silver are horrible investments because everyone is flocking to them right now. And shucksters are marketing them beyond belief. Just like you are by posting this thread.

Gold and Silver, bubble, bubble, bubble....

Anytime someone wants you to buy something, it is usually a red flag.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would take all your gold and silver and buy food, seeds, fuel and survival gear.
If something bad was to happen in the world, what am I going to with gold and silver, I can't eat it, can't use it to drive the car.

I don't see how gold will be worth anything compared to food.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Unless of course we are talking about hoarding gold and silver because we think the world is going to end...

Let's entertain that notion: I don't think an apocalyptic wasteland will care one lick about Gold or Silver....

"Hey man, thank god we found you... haven't eaten for weeks, trade you some Gold for your flour and rice?"

"Beat it punk, go eat your gold..."

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TygartIf something bad was to happen in the world, what am I going to with gold and silver, I can't eat it, can't use it to drive the car.

That supposes that the world drops into a "Mad Max" scenario - but remember that even Mad Max had to go to Bartertown and do trade once in a while!

While I think that there is a very good chance of economic chaos, even in countries torn apart by civil war and massive disasters, gold/silver are still used for purchasing. Even in a complete collapse, things will eventually settle out, and then the gold and silver will be usable again - unlike paper money.

edit on 11-4-2011 by LS650 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2011 by LS650 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

While I think that there is a very good chance of economic chaos, even in countries torn apart by civil war and massive disasters, gold/silver are still used for purchasing. Even in a complete collapse, things will eventually settle out, and then the gold and silver will be usable again - unlike paper money.

i want to know more about silver and the best ways to get it?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
interesting S&F

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Im converting some of my saving into yen and silver.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I found this to be a very interesting thread over in the 'Survival' forum:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look at the link to the PDF file there --> www.abovetopsecret.com...

Essentially this guy writes about what life was like the first five years after the Argentina peso was devalued due to massive debt and government over-spending (sound familiar?). It is a real eye-opener.

The two things the writer says he and his wife wish they had done differently is have a good stockpile of canned/dry goods, and a good pile of small gold and silver.
edit on 26-4-2011 by LS650 because: added a link

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'd rather be carrying around 10 pounds of ammo than 10 pounds of gold when this all comes down.

If I had crazy wealth to begin with and wanted to protect it for my relocation to another nation/currency I'd buy gold/silver whatever.

But I'm poor as # and dont have any assets or wealth to bother protecting.

$100 in ammo is worth more to me than $100 in coinage.

Anybody read/play Metro 2033? They had civilization and an economy post disaster. Nobody was concerned with gold or silver though. It was all about the brass and lead.

Outside of industry those metals dont have any practical use or value for the everyday guy trying to get by.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'd rather be carrying around 10 pounds of ammo than 10 pounds of gold when this all comes down.

If I had crazy wealth to begin with and wanted to protect it for my relocation to another nation/currency I'd buy gold/silver whatever.

But I'm poor as # and dont have any assets or wealth to bother protecting.

$100 in ammo is worth more to me than $100 in coinage.

Anybody read/play Metro 2033? They had civilization and an economy post disaster. Nobody was concerned with gold or silver though. It was all about the brass and lead.

Outside of industry those metals dont have any practical use or value for the everyday guy trying to get by.

I see your point. I am not loaded with money but I am just trying to get my money out of the bank and turn it into something. I don't have a gun and maybe that's something I should consider buying. I'd like to think if SHTF people wouldn't mess with me really because I don't live in a populated place. But I guess it is better safe than sorry

I just want to do something smart with my money and I can't see myself buying a large stock pile of food.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Gold and silver? You guys are silly. Cigarettes and alcohol will be worth way more than either for trading and bartering. Sad fact of humanity.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

Thanks to the sane person for stating the obvious

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Personally I would much rather have ten pounds of ammo AND ten pounds of Gold.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
George Soros is feeding the gold bubble on purpose to make a killing. He is going to pop that bubble and walk away even more un-Godly rich than he is right now, and little people who got in at the end are going to end up losing money.

Just my opinion, and I know its not a popular one. IF you had bought gold lower, (under a thousand perhaps) you would probably be fine, but its a dangerous game right now for people who will not get inside information about when a big player is about to make a move.

Be careful. If it were me, I would invest in some other resource that isnt currently the subject of feverish buying. Think outside the box, go for something necessary for technology, that has a finite supply, that no one is really focusing on right now. Pay attention perhaps to the mining companies who will likely get their paws on the minerals in Afghanistan, perhaps, if blood money doesnt bother you too much.

thetyee.ca...

A Canadian mining company has made the shortlist to bid for Afghanistan's giant Hajigak iron ore deposit.

Toronto-based Kilo Goldmines Ltd. is one of the companies the Afghan Mines Ministry invited this week to bid on what it claims is Asia's largest unmined iron deposit.

Fifteen of the shortlisted companies are from India, two are from Iran, and the rest are from the United States, Turkey, China, Britain and Australia.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Info on how and why to buy Silver and Gold

You can’t eat gold and silver or any other (precious minerals) if and when the”situations” arrives. Buy food/water and invest on commodities like alcohol and tobacco/coffee/tea as trade materials instead...

Thanks for the post anyway

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by itaii
Im converting some of my saving into yen and silver.

I'd stay away from Yen, or any fiat currency for that matter. Japan has started inflating their currency to try and get a handle on paying for, and rebuilding from, their multiple disasters. Their printing presses have only just begun, and they are fast on the track to ruin their money system just as the Europeans and the US have.

My advice is to move to hard assets... precious metals, real estate (preferably farmable with a good water supply), non-perishable food stocks, seeds, clothing, protection (a weapon and ammunition), spare parts, and luxury commodities (tobacco, alchohol, soap, toilet paper.)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Silver is not a bubble. People said to short at 31, 34, 38, and will continue to. Physical metals are the only tangible hedge against fiat money. They are just getting started.

If you think society is gonna collapse very soon food, ammo, and other things might be better buys. I buy because I do not want to hold fiat money. Your money will continue to lose value as it sits in your bank making no interest. It is an investment.

Yes, silver/gold pullbacks happen. It is bull market that will try and buck you off. Sit back. Ride it for the 3 to 5 year trends. Equities may beat silver, or gold for three month spurts. In the long term precious metals are the better investment. Investments are about securing wealth for the future. Speculation is trying to get rich while telling yourself you are investing.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Excellent points! Thanks

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No one thinks it's funny that everyone is saying "stay away from fiat currency", invest in metals like Gold in Silver, because they are going to increase....

So in a few years, you get to trade it in for more fiat currency!

Now then, what kind of investment is good? Real estate is great, especially after a housing crash that left millions of properties at low price. The best thing about real estate is not only does it generate money (by leasing/renting) but it always appreciates over the years as well, as long as you are in an area that increases in density.

My .02 cents (In fiat money of course)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join